Would you like the ability for any member of a guild to be able to initiate Guild Brawls?

Yes
42%29 Votes
No
57%39 Votes
Total Votes :: 68 Votes

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 05, 2013 2:01 am
I don't really like the idea of Master Gunners being able to do it either. While the Master Gunner spots in higher Ranked Guilds are often pretty solid, they constantly go back and forth in the lower Ranked Guilds.

I do like the idea of being able to "promote" certain people or even just a single Vice Captain as was suggested above.
Advertisement

Ascaris

Rank 0
Ascaris
PostedMar 05, 2013 6:19 am
What's the use of guilds if their members can just go around doing whatever they please? It's pointless.

Guild Masters should have full authority on brawls, it's not called "Guild Master" for nothing.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 05, 2013 10:24 pm
Am I the only one who finds it strange that the Poll favors "Yes", but every single Post in this thread voices negativity?

I'd love to hear the reasons why people think it's a good idea too!

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 11:14 pm
Rosstein wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it strange that the Poll favors "Yes", but every single Post in this thread voices negativity?

I'd love to hear the reasons why people think it's a good idea too!  

My selfishness is that at least two people be able to initiate brawls. The guild leader, and some other member that is significant to the guild (chosen by the leader, #1 BP earner, whatever)

Other than that, I don't really care if the feature is toggle-able, or there are more players who can initiate brawls.

While I understand that the other side's argument, that it would be a slaughterfest if someone's in the process of restatting, but isn't that a risk that you take? If you don't feel like getting murdered, I would suggest leaving the guild and coming back; no harm done except to your BP records.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 05, 2013 11:29 pm
Except I'm a Guild Leader and I can't "just" leave my Guild and come back later.

Also, don't forget that the Poll asks if the playerbase wants ANY Guild Member to be able to initiate Guild Brawls. That's why I voted No, because I don't think ANY Member should be able to initiate them.

In fact, if this change does go through, I'll have to follow a strict "You start GvG, you leave" policy. And to be completely honest, I don't want to act like that kind of bad guy, but this system would force me to. Simply to keep the Guild competetive and not turn it into a trollfest.

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 11:48 pm
Rosstein wrote:
Except I'm a Guild Leader and I can't "just" leave my Guild and come back later.

Also, don't forget that the Poll asks if the playerbase wants ANY Guild Member to be able to initiate Guild Brawls. That's why I voted No, because I don't think ANY Member should be able to initiate them.

In fact, if this change does go through, I'll have to follow a strict "You start GvG, you leave" policy. And to be completely honest, I don't want to act like that kind of bad guy, but this system would force me to. Simply to keep the Guild competetive and not turn it into a trollfest.  

Your reasoning, I agree with.

For this poll, I would have to say "No" as well. However, it doesn't mean that I want ONLY the guild master to initiate brawls.

While I cannot speak for the people who voted "yes", I'm only assuming that in their minds, this is a toggle-able feature, that is completely optional.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 05, 2013 11:59 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to appoint 1 or 2 trusted Members to be able to initiate Brawls, knowing that they wouldn't hit that button "just 'cause they can".

But that's why I'm fearing people don't fully realize what this poll is EXACTLY asking. Aeria is giving us a sole "Yes" or "No" option to the question if we want ANY member to initiate Brawls. And, again, to that my answer is a clear "No".

RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:02 am
It's nice that all these people are voting "yes", but I would personally LOVE to hear the other side of the argument. People voting "yes", please elaborate as instructed on the first post of this thread!

[Eclipse of AngelWing] Pirate Maidens - Putting the CURVY in SCURVY!

jowsef41

Rank 0
jowsef41
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:15 am

Guild Leaders and Players: We Want YOUR suggestion

I vote no! I joined my guild because I trust the decisions of the guild master. Giving authority to everyone is a formula for disaster.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:29 am
I'm voting yes.

Our guild master has been AFK for over a month now and even when he was active, he was either working night shift or on a different continent as he usually only initiated guild brawls in the AM.

As a compromise I'd be OK with the gunners being able to initiate the brawls and general members not.

I noted several people stating that they "re-stat" for events - I don't see a re-stat button or option anywhere though?