zthen

Rank 1
zthen
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:40 pm
i like the dryad system. This prevents the stronger players from picking on the weak too much. The flip side to that is that it also allows weaker players to continuously get killed in order to take on a higher ranking players using the dryad bonus. I think the biggest fix would be not to allow players to go into the negatives.

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>
Advertisement

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMar 04, 2013 7:36 pm
Dryad blessing used to be very usefull when the Battlegrounds were united and you had 10+ lvls farming you non-stop. I know many many took advantage of the lvl gap prior to the 1.5 upgrade.

It brought great pleasure to be able to take down someone OP and 10 Lvls higher than you. It was very satisfying when they attack you expecting you to fall in 2 blows, and realize they've just made a mistake. I wish I could have seen their face.

The dryad blessing doesn't need to go, howerver there could be an adjustment in Honor loss but there should still be a bit more of a punishment to lose to someone of lower rank. Most likely all that honor was accumulated by constantly farming lower lvls that could not stand a chance. There's no harm if having some of that honor going back to where it belongs.

Love what you do and do what you love.

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 7:46 pm
Good idea. Dryad blessing stays, but honor gained and lost with this on should be severely reduced 10% per blessing or maybe 5%.

mheffner

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Battlegrounds discussions

I agree that something must be done about the dryad's blessing. It has come to the point where many higher level players are not able to participate in battle grounds. It is hardly fair when we are sought out by players who commit suicide against us in order to gain the dryad's blessing until they are able to win and take the honor we have spent a great deal of time and effort earning. If I was seeking out and attacking players that would be another story. But, that is not the case. Typically, I seek my two kills and then attempt to collect resources. However, I cannot even do that without the risk of losing a great deal of honor because I am sought out and hunted by lower ranking players seeking the dryad's blessing or the sport of taking honor from another player. Until this issue is corrected, my participation in battle grounds will be limited if at all.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:53 pm
So i think generally speaking people don't mind losing honor but the extent of honor lost is the issue, especially when combined with dryads. Also, with the new bg format...especially 60-69 and 70+ grounds, the people lower rank than you are actually stronger not weaker or lower level. It seems that other servers did not take honor ranks as seriously as maybe Aeria s1 did since there are 55k-60k BR people with crusader or knight crusader ranks compared to 45-50k BR people on our server with elite crusader of high commander ranks... which goes back to AN's suggestion that honor loss should be BR based, maybe there is merit in that too.

As for dryads, seems people still think it's necessary, so maybe the system needs adjusting to take into account the change in format.

Some ideas,

• a loss to dryads should have less honor loss than a normal loss
  • people should not get dryads if they are the ones attacking and losing - if you attack someone then you should take responsibility for the loss, if you are being attacked then maybe there is some merit in giving the loser some recompense.
  • dryad should be given only when someone is repeatedly attacked by the same person or should only work against the attacker.
  • nerf honor loss generally or make it BR based rather than bg rank based

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 05, 2013 1:21 am
Shade under 43k BR here, 45k with pots/scrolls, and elite crusader.. and that's because of my high participation in wars and BG, not because I'm stronger than most people. And yeah it's become an issue.. I had someone higher BR than me run straight at me tonight when she saw my rank, fortunately she didn't bank on the investments I've made in holy seal and troops but the intent was clearly there.. here's someone higher rank than me who's overall stats are weaker than mine, I'm going to take honor off him.. but that goes back to my point about feeling like people are being punished for being more active. There's no sense in the current system, imo.

Solely BR based, idk, but there has to at least be another factor other than honor.

I've advocated in the past for a limit as to how many times one person can attack another in BG. Maybe diminishing returns would work too, eventually landing the person at no reward. The thought of dryads accumulating by one individual attacking another sounds like a decent idea as well, but I think that would have to be based on who initiates the battle.. again that can just as easily be abused by one person running into another over and over to build dryads if it's based merely on who wins that fight the majority of the time.

There's an issue that we haven't even brought up here in regards to dryads, and that's when 2 guild members get together and the lower rank will sacrifice themselves to the higher rank over and over in order to build dryads and target specific individuals. That is a very real problem.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 05, 2013 7:23 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:
Cacuga wrote:
Can you have nine pieces of equipment with 4 sockets each at high levels?  

8 pieces not 9

3 sockets of pvp gear and 4 sockets for pve gear...  

That was what i think but how goodnametaken said 33-36 and 9 i was wondering if there is any hidden slot for another equipment piece at high levels or he just made a mistake.

RollaR_50248 wrote:

• people should not get dryads if they are the ones attacking and losing - if you attack someone then you should take responsibility for the loss, if you are being attacked then maybe there is some merit in giving the loser some recompense.
  • dryad should be given only when someone is repeatedly attacked by the same person or should only work against the attacker.

Only with this you can fix the whole problem with the Dryads. But i'm not sure if works only in the attacker will be enought, of course this will prevent people for camping in the resources/spawn point or have a friend in the other side to help you build Dryads. However, knowing this nobody will kill you more than two times to prevent your Dryads and if the whole team has more BR than you at the end of the fight you will have a few shards, a few honor points and 30 deaths.

Maybe you can let people get Dryads only when attacked and have this boost agains any player but remove part of this boost with each kill you get. Just tossing random numbers but if you get 1 Dryad you lose it after 2-3 kills i.e.

RollaR_50248 wrote:

• nerf honor loss generally or make it BR based rather than bg rank based

I doubt it will happen. Don't take me wrong i agree with you in this point but if you pay attention to the VIP benefits there is a -100% honor lost if you reach VIP lv9. And this is a bussines in the end. However in my short time here it seems like the GS/GM and developers of the game worry about the players game experience at least the same they worry about the profit.

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 11:32 am
BR can be altered easily by equipping and removing items. Holy Seal also does not effect BR. % Astrals do not change BR. I am probably missing others.

I think the current system is the best available. The problem is people would have not gained as many levels if they knew this was the outcome.

I know I could kill people if I removed some astrals to drop my BR or used all % ones.

Arcturan

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Now tell me that BG is fair...

To AeriaMazinger: How are we supposed to compete against this? These were just a few of the players from other servers. You lot have literally thrown us to the wolves.

Play nicely

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 05, 2013 4:28 pm
i dont think masterzd uses a medal or goddess blessing, he was very squishy, even to me :3

But this is my issue. Those players you linked are low honor rank. Most will beat us easily due to being that much stronger than us (which i really dont have a problem with) but they also are able to knock our honor down by huge amounts because of this.