RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 04, 2013 6:40 am

Battlegrounds discussions

In the new format of battlegrounds, does honor loss and/or dryad's blessing still have relevance?
This is my bugbear really and wanted the voice my opinions and hopefully hear other people's views. I know that other people in my guild feel the same so I don't think I am the only one.

Firstly, in old bg where we had people fighting others 20 levels higher than them, made the concept of dryad's blessing necessary, since there was no other way that these low level players could compete in bg.

In new bg, the playing field has balanced out substantially, so the likelihood of finding someone you can kill is higher. The battleground is more balanced, so is there really a need for something than can make you really a lot more powerful than the next person? At least not in the way it currently works.
I know that on s1 there are those who are "dryad's farmers" who would say yes, I am not sure if there are many on s2 who do the same.

Secondly, I understand the concept of honor loss. What I find frustrating is the amount of honor loss you get. If someone stronger than me beats me, fair enough. But if such stronger player is lower rank than me in honor (which at my level baffles me, since 90% of my honor came from guild wars and not bg due to the old bg times being when I was asleep) I can lose anything from 200 honor and up per fight. They fight me and get a lot of honor for beating someone higher rank and realise I'm a profitable kill. Since I'm strong enough to get kills it's hard for me to lose back to back and build dryads so i end up losing a lot of honor through no fault of my own with no way to stop it except to leave the battleground. If I leave the battleground I lose a bg attempt for getting pvp points and drop in pvp ranks.

Then add to those stronger players, are the ones (stronger and weaker) with dryads who go for an easy high honor target (whether or not that target was the cause of dryads).

It's a vicious circle.

I do not realistically think we are going to lose "honor loss" from the game but the amount needs to be reconsidered. At my VIP level, I have -50% honor loss and I am still losing 200+ honor a fight. That means the base honor loss is actually 400 honor, so for every loss I take I have to kill 7 people to make up the difference at base, 3-4 at reduced. I have seen people with 15-20 kills to their name come out of bg with -1000 or so honor. On those numbers, something just seems intrinsically wrong.

Some suggestions I have

• Honor loss amounts need to be nerfed. It should be the same as the value of your honor gain per win under normal circumstances, doubled for loss on a streak.
    For example, I win 59 honor per win, so should lose a base honor of 59 per loss, 118 per loss on a winning streak (with 50% loss reduction from VIP this becomes -30 honor for a normal loss and -59 honor for a winning streak loss) - much more palatable figures in my opinion.
  • If we cannot lose dryads altogether then the concept of how it works should be adjusted.
    How about only getting dryads if you have been consistently killed by 1 player - this would prevent bullying in bg - or making it so that you can only use the dryads on the person who gave it to you.
  • If there is no change to dryads and since it is an artificial boost then there should be no honor loss to a death from dryads.

Any other ideas/suggestions/comments?
Advertisement

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 6:45 am
Good idea - My suggestion would just be that people should not be able to go negative or max - 100 honor. However I don't see this implemented at all.

Anyway BG needs changes - I support any improvement!

IonStar

Rank 0
IonStar
PostedMar 04, 2013 6:50 am

BG

I agree wholly. I have decided to stay out of the battlegrounds because of it. I also have 50% less honor loss, and went into a bg yesterday, first fight lost me 290 honor so we are talking about a 580 normal loss.

It's something that definitely needs to be changed, I would like to participate in battlegrounds again, but until this is fixed/corrected, I just won't.

1971nomad

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:30 am
i couldnt agree more, 10 kills and -500+ honor is kind of hard to take. it's far to easy for someone to farm dryads and then sweep in for a big gain from you and a big loss to you.

newbornchan

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:38 am
Im agree with the bless system

As im top 10 in cross server honor, all these people just get their bless and all aim at me....with similar BR... its not like im double or triple BR than they do....

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:59 am
I don't know how BG works in high level but for the 30-39 range the dryads are still needed, when a guy with 24 BR camp on the spawn point the whole game is ruined and remember that people under 35 don't have PvP set while people over 35 have it, so the game will be really unbalanced without dryads. And i'm not a dryad farmer, only received it once and didn't event know what it was.

At least in the 30-39 range, outside of this i can't give a opinion since didn't played it yet.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:53 am
Ok here's an idea that's been around for a long time and makes complete sense - Don't make honor loss based solely on which player has more honor!

This makes you feel like you're being punished because you participate more! Really isn't right when a person can have several levels on you, be a lot stronger than you, and run right for you with the knowledge that they can cost you 400 honor any time they please. I had a person cost me my Sader rank the night I got it by doing this. That type of thing needs to go, it has needed to go for some time, that's the sole reason people aren't interested in BG at this point. If we had a system that was more fair about comparing you to the person you're facing, instead of basing the whole thing on your honor vs theirs, I think it would solve this whole issue for most.

You've made me VERY angry..

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:43 pm
Dont have much in input on honor.
Dont seem to get or lose a whole lot so i dont watch it.

As for dryad

YES its still needed.
With the gap of power between casher and non casher widening.
Dryad is pretty much the only way someone can remotely have a chance.

Lets compare.
Lets say same lvl players dont matter class, same gear
Casher / NonCasher

33-36 slots / 9 slots
lvl 8 gems / lvl 5 gems
Unlimited gold / highly limited gold
And since gold not an issue cashers usually have super high lvl org astras, max lvl stun (for 50+).
Can go on and on with mys store (runes/pots/scrolls)

Yes dryad still needed to the non wallet warriors.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:46 pm
Can you have nine pieces of equipment with 4 sockets each at high levels?

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:06 pm
Cacuga wrote:
Can you have nine pieces of equipment with 4 sockets each at high levels?  

8 pieces not 9

3 sockets of pvp gear and 4 sockets for pve gear so depends on the players set-up.
As for that marking the difference between casher and non-casher, i know so many free-to-play players who have full sockets just from battleground chests and guild altar, a lot of cashers got theirs the same way too. My s2 character I haven't spent on is fully socketted in pve gear all from rods from guild spins.