jefisatra

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:46 am
It's my problem too...
I've been analyze, when those file downloaded they appear on DkOnline\SGInternet\temp
And when it finished and the game running, those file dissappear...it looks like temporary. I dont understand, what the meaning of that process...Those file are already exist!
Checking and downloading its different...
Breakthrough please...
Advertisement

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:07 am
Just save original file and "updated" version. If size is similar -> report it here.
My one just downloading DKOnline.exe (one time per day).

jefisatra

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:44 am
mykolag wrote:
Just save original file and "updated" version. If size is similar -> report it here.
My one just downloading DKOnline.exe (one time per day).  

Sorry, what kind of file..entire files? Or just those downloading file ?

These are all files appear on "temp" folder when downloading :
1. Dkonline.lst :3KB (temporary)
2. VerDkonline.lst : 58KB (temporary)
3. DKonline.exe : 4312KB
4. acdc.dat : 1003KB
5. cltgp.dat : 1231KB

Those two temporary files was dissappear when download finished and absolutely they're not existing anywhere in Dkonline folder.
Another three are already exist in DKonline folder and the size is definetly similiar...
So i think its not checking process like people said before. I've been using "inspect all files" button on launcher and all file was completed...
Or that process was the standart operational procedure to running the game ??? What the...

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:44 am
What is the overall concern with these downloads? If you are curious, I understand, but if there is some underlying concern, I would like to discuss those privately if possible.

These downloads are, to my understanding and after asking some questions, to ensure the client will run properly and to ensure that when you click start, you actually start.

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:07 pm
LadyBorderlinex wrote:
What is the overall concern with these downloads? If you are curious, I understand, but if there is some underlying concern, I would like to discuss those privately if possible.

These downloads are, to my understanding and after asking some questions, to ensure the client will run properly and to ensure that when you click start, you actually start.  
No, we are not curious about how the files are made, we don't want to hack the client.

The main problem here is "WHY these files are DOWNLOADED over over over and over EACH TIME you run the launcher, INSTEAD of being ONLY CHECKED?"

That is the main "issue". Because wait 2 to up of 5 min to download the files is pretty annoying.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

DKOLeprechaun

Rank 0
DKOLeprechaun
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:22 pm
If it doesn't affect your general gameplay than who cares?

/calm yourself down by eating a horseshoe.

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:19 pm
IMHO, it's BUG.

The VerDkonline.lst contains list of files with their check sum. Such file is required to validate "client's side files inside installation".

Looks like some one in Aeria updated DKOnline.exe, but forgot to update check-sum for this file in VerDkonline.lst.

acdc.dat & cltgp.dat - no idea...

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:26 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
LadyBorderlinex wrote:

No, we are not curious about how the files are made, we don't want to hack the client.

The main problem here is "WHY these files are DOWNLOADED over over over and over EACH TIME you run the launcher, INSTEAD of being ONLY CHECKED?"

That is the main "issue". Because wait 2 to up of 5 min to download the files is pretty annoying.  

I can understand the frustration. I was just hoping people were not thinking anything harmful was being done. Aeria wants your computers to work, I promise you =D

for now, I will try to get information that will best explain it for the community. It probably won't be today or tomorrow but in the future.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:40 pm
LadyBorderlinex wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
LadyBorderlinex wrote:

I can understand the frustration. I was just hoping people were not thinking anything harmful was being done. Aeria wants your computers to work, I promise you =D

for now, I will try to get information that will best explain it for the community. It probably won't be today or tomorrow but in the future.  
Ya, take the time you need, no need to rush and thankyou

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:50 pm
It's normal for DK Online. We're looking at changing it so it only downloads those files if necessary.