Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 03, 2013 4:47 pm

WHY the client keep download some files when you launch it?

DK.exe
DKError.exe
DKLauncher.exe
cltgp.dat
(another 2 files i don't remember)

WHY that happen? Old launcher or fresh installation is the same..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Probably to prevent Client modifications. That's how I'd explain it.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 03, 2013 5:17 pm
Those are the files that are required to play. So I guess it's just like a quick file check to make sure there is nothing wrong with those files so you will be able to play.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 03, 2013 8:49 pm
deatheater59 wrote:
Those are the files that are required to play. So I guess it's just like a quick file check to make sure there is nothing wrong with those files so you will be able to play.  
I'M able to play, but the launcher keep download them each time you launch the launcher.. no matter if i play from the patched BETA client or by a fresh installed client..

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 03, 2013 9:40 pm
It's not installing every time you load the game. It is like a file check before you fully load the game up.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 03, 2013 10:22 pm
deatheater59 wrote:
It's not installing every time you load the game. It is like a file check before you fully load the game up.  
Nope it don't "check" it clearly say "downloading" and the bar fill slowly, showing the seconds remaining

r0kujou

Rank 0
r0kujou
PostedMar 03, 2013 10:28 pm
I too think it's installing as it says downloading. my internet connection affects the speed of the download as the time needed differs each time. when my line sucks, takes more than 5mins just for DK.exe

Posted By Aeria Mobile

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:22 am
I dont know if people got smarter over night. We've been telling 3 times, and you have negated it 3 times. Why do you ask a question if you know the answer?

As Phoenix said, those files are downloaded because of some sort of "check", which goes well with my theory that those files are downloaded to detect/prevent Client modifications.

If they are downloaded just once a day, then you could just get the "prevention", log out and apply all necessary Client modification to allow hacking.

That's just my theory, you may accept it or not, it's nothing official.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:43 am
filipvarga wrote:
I dont know if people got smarter over night. We've been telling 3 times, and you have negated it 3 times. Why do you ask a question if you know the answer?

As Phoenix said, those files are downloaded because of some sort of "check", which goes well with my theory that those files are downloaded to detect/prevent Client modifications.

If they are downloaded just once a day, then you could just get the "prevention", log out and apply all necessary Client modification to allow hacking.

That's just my theory, you may accept it or not, it's nothing official.  
"Checking" is NOT "Downloading" (and reverse). So whatever you said or meant, it's not.

The client don't check for any kind of hack or edited files, the client DONWLOAD the files over over and over EACH TIME you open the launcher and NOT once a hour, once a day, once a week, once a month, ecc..

If it was checking to see if there are edited files it should NOT download again over and over IF the files are not edited..

You know what.. That-IS-Annoying because you will need some minutes to log in.

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:51 am
I think it has something to do with the server problems they had when the game first launched like logging into other peoples accounts etc. these files weren't downloaded or checked until they implemented that patch like on the 2nd day of ob launch.