MastaJ16

Rank 2
MastaJ16
PostedMar 03, 2013 11:50 am

Low Persuasion Rates

Idk if its just me but I think the game has low % rate of acquiring beaten boss maidens haven't been able to persuade 5 bosses in a row, and if that's the case then I definitely wont buy any statues just to make up for the low rate.

Advertisement

Ascaris

Rank 0
Ascaris
PostedMar 03, 2013 12:37 pm
That is pretty much something that Aeria will never fix, probably.

So we're just gonna have to live with it.

MastaJ16

Rank 2
MastaJ16
PostedMar 03, 2013 1:54 pm
yeah that's just ridiculous failed 3 persuasions in a row again if i have to resort to buying gold for statues then its not worth playing in my opinion, i just wanted free goodies for scarlet blade anyways.

Ascaris

Rank 0
Ascaris
PostedMar 03, 2013 3:12 pm
If you think 3 failed persuasion is bad, I failed most of my persuasions, that's like 11 chapters each.

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 03, 2013 4:10 pm
Ascaris wrote:
If you think 3 failed persuasion is bad, I failed most of my persuasions, that's like 11 chapters each.  

Just saying...

Persuasion Rate is about 5-10%.

Statues? You can't even get anything above Rare + for them. Not worth it ONE BIT. I bought several, and am currently pissed off to no end for doing so; I'm saving them for 4 star pirates that I'll meet sooner or later.
If you're going to spend gold on cards, wait for the event cards, that often have the same price as the regular gold rescue, but has a very decent (~10%) chance of SRs, or even SR+, on rare occasions (Cheerleader).

Not only does the event rescues have cards that help you in the event (CAPTAIN OBVIOUS) to assist you in getting those event SRs, but even after the event is over, they usually have some kind of skill (along with high stats in general), that assists you even further.

MastaJ16

Rank 2
MastaJ16
PostedMar 03, 2013 10:20 pm
So okay the game is bent on having to buy staues to obtain decent cards, I 10 fails on 4 star pirates only to randomly get a success at a 5 star card thats just horrible and ontop of that most of the 4 stars were stronger than the 5 star.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:41 am
MastaJ16 wrote:
So okay the game is bent on having to buy staues to obtain decent cards, I 10 fails on 4 star pirates only to randomly get a success at a 5 star card thats just horrible and ontop of that most of the 4 stars were stronger than the 5 star.  

Would you mind informing me what the 5 star card was?

As far as I'm concerned, you cannot get a 5-star card via pirate persuasion.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:34 pm
Aeria already increased the persuasion rate a while ago (though no specific amount was mentioned).

As far as persuadable Pirates go, there are only a handful of decent Pirates up for persuasion, which fall well within the amount of free Statues Aeria gives out for promotions or other Events.

This game actually has a ton of powerful freebies, not to mention the current Dark Squire Ruby that any player can obtain by defeating her 35 times. She's a powerhouse with 8825 max ATK for a mere 30 Cost. The only cards that outclass her are Whimsical Lily (8000 ATK for 18 Cost) and Sea-hand Ria (8300 ATK for 23 Cost). Whimsical Lily is extremely rare because she is/was a Limited Offer Rescue Box and Sea-hand Ria was awarded (for free) to every member in the Top 25 Guilds during the Succubus Hadeel Raid Event.

All in all, the Story Bosses aren't generally the strongest Pirates you can get in the first place, so their persuasion rates are just fine. Especially considering that the strongest Pirates are often given by achieving certain goals. Which reminds me that Light Admiral Harpo was also given for free and she's currently THE best Defensive Pirate in the entire game.

GM_Zoser

GameMaster: USA
GM_Zoser
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:38 pm
Rosstein wrote:
Aeria already increased the persuasion rate a while ago (though no specific amount was mentioned).

As far as persuadable Pirates go, there are only a handful of decent Pirates up for persuasion, which fall well within the amount of free Statues Aeria gives out for promotions or other Events.

This game actually has a ton of powerful freebies, not to mention the current Dark Squire Ruby that any player can obtain by defeating her 35 times. She's a powerhouse with 8825 max ATK for a mere 30 Cost. The only cards that outclass her are Whimsical Lily (8000 ATK for 18 Cost) and Sea-hand Ria (8300 ATK for 23 Cost). Whimsical Lily is extremely rare because she is/was a Limited Offer Rescue Box and Sea-hand Ria was awarded (for free) to every member in the Top 25 Guilds during the Succubus Hadeel Raid Event.

All in all, the Story Bosses aren't generally the strongest Pirates you can get in the first place, so their persuasion rates are just fine. Especially considering that the strongest Pirates are often given by achieving certain goals. Which reminds me that Light Admiral Harpo was also given for free and she's currently THE best Defensive Pirate in the entire game.  

Well said, good points!

GM Zoser

Goewolfgg

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Goewolfgg
PostedMar 05, 2013 10:47 am

Really?

I am new to the game, I think I am in chapter 5 I've only successfully free persuaded twice. I have missed out on some good cards as such. I just completed my second set of bottles and those pirates are ok. Your comment about defeating ruby the 30-35 times necessary is misleading. New players such as myself continue to die and lose after level 15 you can only get help from a friend every8 hours also.

Posted By Aeria Mobile