iAmYou.

Rank 4
iAmYou.
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:16 pm
OMG TODAY I GOT SCAMMED TOO

QQ

not..... stop trusting people over a game... it's the internet, use your brains when you trade

Advertisement

shizuru_kruger

Rank 0
shizuru_kruger
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:32 pm
reall funny

iAmYou.

Rank 4
iAmYou.
PostedMar 04, 2013 1:11 pm
shizuru_kruger wrote:
reall funny  

I know Smile

cnctina2

Rank 3
cnctina2
PostedMar 04, 2013 1:22 pm
AyraGrace wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
GMs/PMs WAKE UP AND HELP PROTECT YOUR PLAYERS FROM THEMSELVES

Yeah now you know how some can afford pvp gear without spending money or spending less than $5K min.  

+1  

+2

Don't think for a second some of the top pvpers in game are not running these scams to support their toons.

Your parents should have also warned you about 'Stranger Danger'

This is the internet, I don't know ANY of you people.

/Takes off my Mom hat.

Hugs Juli, I am glad you got your weapon back.
Having people like Lynn in guild makes up for 100 low life scammers.

Other guilds may have #1 GRB rank,
they may have a WH full of Pain 7's,
they may have top PVPers who farm all the bosses,
we have MommyLynn,
therefore we /win.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:34 pm
The PWL and PAL are the new cash cows for Aeria. They are not going to hinder that income stream.

In the past the GM's were very hands on with the game, and did things that the general population felt that was beneficial to the community. but these days they are very hands off. For the most part the only thing you here these days are Maintenance announcements.

There is no doubt that the GMs are very busy, but their time isn't focused on this game anymore. I am not saying that they don't care. But when your boss comes to your cube and tells you that your priority is on project X, well, and since your paycheck is based on making sure that your boss is happy, so whether they like it or not, they have to do what the boss says. So since the GM's have been becoming more and more hands off in this game, it is obvious that the priority has shifted away from this game. And thus nothing seems to be happening.

We as a community just needs to learn that we have to fend for ourselves.

If the majority of the player community wants to give the GS's the ability to arbitrate disputes, and the majority of the player base supports the GS's decisions, then there are things that we as a community can do to protect ourselves.

For example, if the GS court declares player XYZ is a scammer and rules that all guilds must kick this player and never allow them to be a member, and then publically declare that no one is to party with them, allow them in any raid, and no one allowed to trade with them. Then most of this scamming will go away.

But the problem is that there will be too many people not willing to listen to a GS court decision and will still make deals with the scammer when the price is right. Thus there would be no point in putting together a player based court system to replace the inactive GM system that we have.

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedMar 04, 2013 5:09 pm
it is inevitable that "trusted" sources or what can appear to be "trusted" sources can turn on you in a moments notice, quit guild, name-change, then infiltrate other guilds in order to work their "magic" act into getting more goods free-of-charge...just another case after I had my [13] Worship War-Mace that I vowed to NEVER EVER do a transaction where I would be puttin my hard-earned gear/weapons at risk ever again with ANYONE. I have boycotted the PWL/PAL since this time and guess what? I haven't lost anything since...and I could care less if any of my gear ever gets to [20] because of it! This system sets up too much potentiality that even "trusted" sources aren't to be trusted also, and I am not willing to fall for the same mistake twice...you can take that to the bank.

asilaydying537

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:46 pm
iAmYou. wrote:

QQ

not..... stop trusting people over a game... it's the internet, use your brains when you trade  

I can't understand what your problem is tbh, you might have gotten good because you can spend alot of cash on a game, but not all can. You have several posts on this tread that border on insults towards the victims of these scams. It's bad enough they got scammed is it really necessary to add insult to injury? Most of the ppl who are affected by these scams have to work hard farming to get the OPs for these upgrades as well as the items they lose, and because they are incredibly stupidly nontradable, in order to compete they must buy them from other players in game. Ppl say only trade with trusted individuals, well there isn't such a thing unless you happen to actually know them irl also. So, since they do not or likely cannot buy the AP to get them they must trade with untrusted individuals if they hope to progress. These items need to be made tradeable, it wont hurt their sales, if anything they will sell more to supply the increase of ppl who will buy them.

geoffinho2006

Rank 3
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:04 pm
iAmYou. wrote:

QQ

Trolling failed. Would you like to try again without being so obvious?
Click --> Yes --> No

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:05 pm
asilaydying537 wrote:
iAmYou. wrote:

QQ

I can't understand what your problem is tbh, you might have gotten good because you can spend alot of cash on a game, but not all can. You have several posts on this tread that border on insults towards the victims of these scams. It's bad enough they got scammed is it really necessary to add insult to injury? Most of the ppl who are affected by these scams have to work hard farming to get the OPs for these upgrades as well as the items they lose, and because they are incredibly stupidly nontradable, in order to compete they must buy them from other players in game. Ppl say only trade with trusted individuals, well there isn't such a thing unless you happen to actually know them irl also. So, since they do not or likely cannot buy the AP to get them they must trade with untrusted individuals if they hope to progress. These items need to be made tradeable, it wont hurt their sales, if anything they will sell more to supply the increase of ppl who will buy them.  

again i must say...its not for US...u want it u buy it...if they open them to trade..it becomes open to duping....they have not fixed this issue fully and i see why they keep it like it is....dupe a item that can get anyone to [20] ??? is a big problem...we all dont know how its done...and the devs and hosts dont eaither....it happens....alot....i am obviously no computer wiz...but to have them tradable is the MAIN part of dupes...just saying guys...they doing it this way cuz if u want it u buy it....u a duper/hacker ect.....u gotta figure it out...

kerrrblahhh

Rank 4
kerrrblahhh
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:40 pm
sexymarcus69 wrote:
asilaydying537 wrote:
iAmYou. wrote:

QQ

again i must say...its not for US...u want it u buy it...if they open them to trade..it becomes open to duping....they have not fixed this issue fully and i see why they keep it like it is....dupe a item that can get anyone to [20] ??? is a big problem...we all dont know how its done...and the devs and hosts dont eaither....it happens....alot....i am obviously no computer wiz...but to have them tradable is the MAIN part of dupes...just saying guys...they doing it this way cuz if u want it u buy it....u a duper/hacker ect.....u gotta figure it out...  

Dupers have pretty much always been here. After 4-5 years you'd think they'd have gotten somewhere with it. Why should these items even exist if untradable we get record amounts of scams and if tradable we have to worry about dupers? tbh Im more woried about all the scamming then ppl duping them. To be clear I hate duping, I do not advocate it but in this case I think them being duped is lesser evil then ppl being scammed constantly and quitting the game completely. I assume ill be flamed for saying that, but in my eyes, its just getting more [20] geared ppl slightly sooner anyways(eventually most will have them anyways whether duped or not, we all know it), but if they stay untradable we lose more and more players due to all the scams. So I believe they should either be deleted completely(leaning towards this one but we all know it wont happen) or made tradable. Plus from what I've heard lately from other threads its not duping as much as injecting, if this is the case then whether tradable or not they can still make them, as they exist in the games logs.