minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Favorite Sport? Post here.

And post why.
Wow. I just noticed this part of forums has like no posts. So tell me. You got a favorite sport? Share it! Share:

1. Why do you love it? Is there a story behind it?

2. Do you play a sport? If so, say so.

3. Whats your favorite team?

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:24 am
Cheerleading~

1. Pretty much because it's fun. You learn to control your body movements, you get flexible and you learn awesome tumbling moves. The teamwork part is nice too, growing together with your team/group and participating on contests together.

2. Cheerleading is my favorite, but I practice ballet and play ice-hockey frequently too. Snowboarding when I go to the mountains, motocross in the summer.

3. My own team.. and Knicks because I love to watch basketball. ♥

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 03, 2013 12:07 pm
o.o I honestly forgot Cheerleading was a sport. Ok heres mine

1. Futbol. I enjoy it because I think it takes a bit more skill than people think. It's a world-wide sport, so you can learn about many cultures from just one sport.

2. When I was smaller (yes. I was smaller than 4'10") I used to take martial arts, and I loved to kick things. My legs were very strong, but I ended up kicking the instructor in the face and he forced me to drop out of the class. So because I was a very violent little girl (still am) my mom tried putting me in all sorts of sports and Futbol came natural to me.

3. Los Cafeteros. For the name, and the fact that a few of their kicks have gone down in history. *-* (The bicycle kick of 1990!)

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 03, 2013 1:20 pm
minuzaki wrote:
o.o I honestly forgot Cheerleading was a sport. Ok heres mine  

Though being a huge fan of it myself, I kinda deem it a semi-sport at times, because a lot of the teams I know of don't really do the sport part that much.. and just do the jumping up and down with the uniforms part, lol. Though the throwing people up in the air, swinging yourself in the air, tumbling and dancing part is fully qualified as sports imo. o/

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedMar 03, 2013 1:23 pm
Basketball

1) Cause i played it since I was a kid and had dreams of going pro one day.

2) As stated Basketball

3) Favorite team is the Lakers Razz

azraccoon

Rank 1
azraccoon
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:03 pm
I'm a big fan of archery. No real story behind it, got into archery when I was a kid and been at it ever since. It's relaxing and keeps me focused, plus it's a good stress release after work.

That aside I also run, train in Krav Maga and enjoy snatch-and-grab morning toast raids. Not a huge fan of team sports (dates back to being one of the ghost kids in school), either to watch or play. Nothing against'em personally, I just don't like the idea of relying on people who might not be putting 100% effort/focus in :3

Don't really have a favorite team because of that. Just a collection of people I can admire and want to surpass one day ^^

123Aaron456

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 12:03 pm
Dancing! Wohoo!!

ok, uhm 1st? Because it's a channel of my emotions, a way of saying of who I am, and this is where I feel I belong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_BN4FBTDUg

2nd. The sport itself is BBoying (well known as breakdancing), but I am also a choreographer in our crew.

3rd. Most Wanted Crew n_n... and of course ours XP
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheN3RDProduction --> ok, I know we haven't done the shooting for our choreos cuz we just started to have a page... but I hope you guys would enjoy em. Just sharin' the love <3

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 28, 2013 3:17 am
1. I simply do Sports because it's fun to do.

2. Used to do many types of Sports, starting with Football (Soccer), Athletics, Karate, Table Tennis..
I was apparently a very talented athlete, especially in short sections such as 50m/100m sprints, but as I had to move countries, my new residence did not have any athletics clubs so I started Karate, after a few months I got back to Football in which I could use my pace very well, and also did Table Tennis in between for 2 years.

3. My favorite Sports Team is FC Bayern München of course. Been a fan of it even before I knew Football was a Sport o.o
I am also a huge fan of our best sports club, GNK Dinamo Zagreb.

viperblackalpha

Rank 1
viperblackalpha
PostedApr 28, 2013 4:35 am
1. Why do you love it? Is there a story behind it?
I love it cos i love pushing myself tot the limit, and yes there is

[iinhales deeply]
I was a cross country runner and skater at school, carried this thru to the army where i joined military college at 16 (weapons engineering, tanks and artillery) and later to 7 royal horse artillery (parachute regiment). My best position was 4th in a national army cross-country championship whilst representing my college, i started boxing in the army (middleweight) and was heavily into it when i came out and continued it for a few years while i studied chemistry/biology at civilian college.

Just prior to leaving the army i became a swimming lifeguard while on general duties waiting for discharge and i found a new passion there as my swimming was really poor before having all this time to develop it.

While at college my brother, ( a 6 time British champion in rollerspeedsjkating) convinced me to compete in one of the sprints, 500m in the British championships in Tatem Park, London which i won to my surprise, i carried on inlining but got more into aggressive street stuff as this apparently was alot cooler Smile. However looking at the scars on my legs now i'm wondering if it really is!

I got a place in Uni to become a dietitian and in my second year i joined the university Taekwondo club, i was only one with a university minibus permit so driving them to the Scottish Open Championships in Glasgow was my only original intention, i wasn't supposed to compete and i didn't even have a white belt grading but my instructor ( a 2nd dan black belt who was on the year below me on my course and a Greek gold medalist) convinced me to join in to just build up some experience, he lent me his taekwondo suit incluuding belt ;p. Looking back on it he is a bit of a rogue. However, I got to the finals and was awarded a silver medal, would have got gold if i had known what i was doing but i *cough* commited a foul in final round, i won't say any more Very Happy. Anyway i got a university Half-Blue for this from the Sports Society when i graduated so was more than happy.

Before graduation in my 3rd and fourth year was part of University Capoeira society and started learning this amazing flowing martial art / dance i also learned to play the berimbau and lots of portugues songs as an offshoot (the acrobatics are surprisingly easy).

I joined Kings College Tennis club when i graduated and in my second year had started to win the tournies there.

So what am i doing now? i compete in 5k race every Saturday, i was 3rd/167 runners last sat. i am also lucky in my work, i get to horseride every Monday (on a horse once used in a mel gibson production called Macy, she is 18 hands high and getting on a bit at 17 yrs old but is stilll very fast), ice skate tuesday mornings (ovetchkin carbons), inline at skate park on tuesday afternoons (razor silhan pros). Mountain bike on a wednesday afternoon in different forest locations/funparks in aberdeenshire and i have been skiing weekly through the winter on thursdays but stopped about a month ago after a 3 day stint in the Cairngorms willl def do it next winter was my first time doing it, got up to some red runs never tried the black runs tho - it is very similar to inlining.

I play badminton at least once a fortnight with my boss and sometimes we vs the educational psychologists (who share my office floor and are v-e-r-y annoying with the shredder!) we face them next this thursday. I have dusted off the tennis racket a few weeks ago too on joining David Lloyd health club around that time and i next play a game on wednesday evening. I started swimming again at David Lloyd too (between saunas Very Happy) and swam 1600m as a recovery from my 5k run yesterday and am off to gym and swim in a few hrs too prolly the same distance ish. I also leave the car at home (on purpose!) a few times a week and commute on my cycle.

You still awake? Smile if u got this far u can see i love sport and never turn down an opportunity to participate or compete. Oh there is one sport i forgot to mention, Shiaya! but u know all about that one. [and yes it is a sport, just a mental not a physical one!]

2. Do you play a sport? If so, say so. hmm i think i have answered that in the first part o.o although i can elaborate if necessary....

3. Whats your favorite team? . not into team sports, or watching sports so much either

Shaiya v Rihanna ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AFQxaJAVIrw#!

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedMay 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Volleyball, i played on a team for many years until i got 18 and eventually decided to leave to focus on my studies, since i never got tall enough to reach the big leagues i thought it was the best decision i could make, i'm around 1.78m so thats not too good for Volleyball. I still like to play beach volleyball during the summer and enter a few tournments with a couple of friends.

I don't usually follow teams, but when theres a match on tv i like to watch. And to support my national team as well whenever they are in a competition.