greygear

Rank 0
PostedMar 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Ultimate Mode Vs Hard Mode/Basic Mode

can a HM/BM Compete with a UM? UMs got +2 more Stat Points and More PvP ranks points compare to HM/BM.

or maybe a UM would win but its a close fight? 80x2 = 160 so Ums got more 160 stat points. 160 stat points convert into str = 160 x 1.3 = 208 more damage.

Does it even matter while 80s hit 7-10k? and yea theres a special for ums but does it even matter the skill its like 900 cd (900 sec recharge time)

i just want to know wheter hm can compete with um. so what you think guys.
Advertisement

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedMar 02, 2013 9:29 pm
HM can compete with UM but it depends on the skill lvl of the players. if the HM is a better player and the UM is just a hack and slasher, and they have the same gears, then the BM will win, but if they compete at equal skill lvl then the UM will always win. and of course class comes into play as well.

tl;dr there are too many variables to say yes or no

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedMar 02, 2013 10:03 pm
.TheLoudOne wrote:
mclovin365 wrote:
HM can compete with UM but it depends on the skill lvl of the players. if the HM is a better player and the UM is just a hack and slasher, and they have the same gears, then the BM will win, but if they compete at equal skill lvl then the UM will always win. and of course class comes into play as well.

Don't listen to McDork here, ^^, who is WAAAYYYY out of touch with this game...
HM CANNOT compete with UM, PERIOD..... the stats and and skills make it impossible to "hang" together without just being a feeder.  

I call **** on your **** because I have beaten a UM before using an HM simply because I was a better player.

evan713

Rank 5
evan713
PostedMar 02, 2013 10:49 pm
mclovin365 wrote:

Anything above canta I'd say no, and even canta still kinda doubtful.... Skill will only take a player so far, like previously said you're out of touch.

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedMar 03, 2013 1:37 am
Knowing many who play HM (I hate BM because it reminds me of bowel movement) I've seen it possible that some HMs can trump UMs like crazy. Now a days, a lot of UMs were just plvled to their positions and really don't have a clue how to play their own toons. Yes some of the skills are different for UM, but as stated before, it all depends on the skill of the player.

UM isn't all it's cracked up to be. A lot of people I talk to these days think they're overrated and actually play their HMs more because they're more economic. Once you get 60+ HM and UM can wear the same gear and it's all got 6 slots. (Save for accessories that are 70+). And the other drag... UM doesn't get that lovely lead rez perk. XD

But yeah... it all boils down to how well the person knows their toon and how well they're enchanted/linked.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:20 am
evan713 wrote:
mclovin365 wrote:

Anything above canta I'd say no, and even canta still kinda doubtful.... Skill will only take a player so far, like previously said you're out of touch.  
I was a HM im canta, it worked well for me to the point i could go toe to toe with many UMs.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:41 am
Every person that know their toon will tell you that HM cannot compete in end game pvp. They can compete against UMs in 15 and 30 zone but the UM-only skills at later levels makes a lot of difference for many classes. Being HM in end game can make you undesirable if other similar geared UM of the same class are competing for the same spot in raid.

The stat point difference can be overcome with AP spending, which begs the question if you are willing to spend so much to overcome the difference why not simply make a UM?

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

MITSUNARI44

Rank 1
MITSUNARI44
PostedMar 03, 2013 6:25 am
In a 1 on 1 Duel between a UM and an HM, With the :

1-Same level .

2- Same Class .

3-More Importantly the Same Gear [ Link/Ench ] .

4-Same Game Experience .

UM Will Always Win 100 % to 0 ! Otherwise u can't really tel who can win if one of the above conditions are missed [ Especially 3 , even Experience cant Compete if the gear upgrade difference is too much ]

filtereyeblind

Rank 2
filtereyeblind
PostedMar 03, 2013 7:12 am
All on the links baby

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedMar 03, 2013 9:48 am
evan713 wrote:
mclovin365 wrote:

well anybody who knows me knows that I don't speak for end game. anything up to lvl 45 (which is where I was the last time I tested against a UM) it works.

.TheLoudOne wrote:
Alastoreo is right.... and those of you talking about lower zones may be right as well to an extent... but as Alastoreo said, in ENDGAME HM is nothing more then a feeder now, the new UM only skills are WAAAAYYYY to "OP" for HM.

P.S. for McDork, sure, a level 42 HM might be able to beat up a lvl 42 UM who is grinding and in grinder gear... but in PvP with PvPers, HM = DEAD and UM = teabagging the HM...

P.S.S. Gris, why is your new name french for pig? When we ate a big meal, when we were done we would push ourselves away from the table and slap our belly and say "gros cochon!" then eat dessert! hahahha  

and even in pvp 15 and 30 they can compete if they have the same gear but the HM has more experience. again, I don't speak for end game.