nubadubadub

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 1:43 pm
It used to be very OP and alot of times i would do multi shot and end up getting two 1 crits... Totally luck based and kinda decided and ruined good fights
Advertisement

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMar 04, 2013 7:28 pm
My next Astro I was going to invest in was going to be Illusion. I'm glad I ran across this infor before I wasted all my star points. Is any other Astro affected or is Illusion the only one?

Love what you do and do what you love.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:00 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:
My next Astro I was going to invest in was going to be Illusion. I'm glad I ran across this infor before I wasted all my star points. Is any other Astro affected or is Illusion the only one?  

Ruthlessness appears to have been affected as far as world bosses go - some of the skills are not increasing in damage as the new damage buff increases. Other than that, none that I know of.

You've made me VERY angry..

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMar 09, 2013 5:21 pm
GoodNameTaken wrote:
Well first off many many many people dont understand % proc.

(Those of us from shaiya knows all to well %)
(Using illusion 5 / 10% as all examples)

The percentage is based on each attack not the fight as a whole
So saying it did proc 10% of the time in the fight is WRONG thinking.

For the incorrect thinking, the AI would have to look at the combatants and calculate ahead of time
* how many attacks will be aimed at you, which means the RANDOM attack is bogus
Now the AI cant count for if/when mages u heal skills which would extent the fight
Players using heal runes or def runes to extand the fight
Use of fighter shield or dodge regen usage
Archer hp syphon usage
And as such cant make a base number of attack to get the 10% u expecting.

So that means the correct way to look at it is proc is calculated vs each attack and as such its 10% chance per hit.
Thus if u get attacked 110 times in a full fight
u could fairly well not proc once which just means u very unlucky (kinda failing enchant multiple times at 90% success).
or u could fairly well proc everytime just means u got super luck and need to play the lottery.
But expecting it to proc 11 times out of the 110 is incorrect thinking.

Basically illusion is working how its supposed to
Remember before it was glitched/bugged and proc alot more then it supposed to.

So now that the devs fixed it, we get QQin in forum on they fixed the bug i enjoyed using to my advantage.  

This^^^

It's probability and statistics, folks. It's like you are rolling a 10 sided die; chances are stacked against you for rolling a 1 out of 10. Chances that you will roll a 1 multiple times in a row significantly reduces the probability of it happening.

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 4:17 am
It's not about "fixing" for me.

It is about basic game mechanics being altered without even providing us the information thata it happened.

No for me the illusion astral isn't that big a deal - you can still drop the xp into a different astral, but I have to agree that the nerf was completely overdone.

- They nerfed block
- they nerfed crit heal (major reason for mages to go crit build)
- they nerfed illusion astral

I don't really know about any other things - but the ones mentioned above are basic game mechanics that have been altered without informing the playerbase accordingly. Never seen this in a game before - usually players are provided with patchnotes on the forum.