Anankhimel

Rank 0
Anankhimel
PostedMar 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Illusion Broken....

I'm sure that there are plenty of similar posts across wartune since the new patch, but, I am unable to find any here, so, here goes.

Wth have the developers done to illusion?! I'm starting to find that the concept of percentages seems to far out of reach. First of all, it procced too much, and was way above what the % said on the astral itself, but, now they've gone the complete other way and killed it!

Running through dungeons, I decided to record my findings on 2/3 runs today, as the first one, i noticed a severe lack of procs. Here are the results for Moonevil.

Run 1: 103 attacks made against my character, not including D.O.T's, 1 Illusion Proc.
Run 2: 109 attacks made against my character, not including D.O.T's, 2 Illusion Procs.

Now, I was warned ahead of time that the illusion proc was dropping from its unrealistic %, and I had hoped that it would be a more realistic amount. My current level of my Astral is 5, meaning I should have a 10% chance of a proc with any attack against me. Now, Understandable it's all RNG so, you cannot keep it's going to be EXACTLY 10% of attacks, but, a literal 1.5% chance through my records is a joke.

Are the developers aware of this issue? Is it going to be fixed? Or should I just feed the astral to something that will actually work?
Advertisement

zthen

Rank 1
zthen
PostedMar 03, 2013 12:27 am
your test pool seems a little small to give it an accurate percentage especially when i've seen illusion proc back to back post patch.

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

Anankhimel

Rank 0
Anankhimel
PostedMar 03, 2013 1:49 am
I am more than happy to give day to day tests, but even in BG's, World Boss, Group Arena's today, the lack of proc is definitely noticeable. As specified, it seemed to proc more often than was given as a percentage beforehand. I understand a percentage is just chance of, but, even with bad RNG, I would feel that a 5% proc, with an astral that should give a 10%, would be seen as still sufficient.

Knowing that there are players that have already fed their illusion astral to others for the lack of usage it now contains, tells me I am not the only one who has noticed it. As a knight, the illusion astral is a boon for me to tank dungeons, and every little bit gives me that little bit of an edge to move into Nightmare modes, or move up to harder dungeons. If it has no intention of being altered, currently, I am finding the astral to be a waste of space and will need to look into alternatives.

To continue with the game, I need to know where it stands when I find something not working to what I believe as intended for my character and the progression of it.

nubadubadub

Rank 0
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:13 am
It was nerfed in the patch along with some other small but noticable things

leikyr

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
leikyr
PostedMar 03, 2013 3:15 am
ya i figured they did, since after 30 ga and 2 bg mine worked 1 time

i did fight someone with a lvl 6 one and it worked like our lvl 4/5s did pre-patch

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedMar 03, 2013 10:59 am
I would expect further nerfs as the game gets updated. From what I have noticed there is a curve in this game, as your level increases you need more of Block/Critical to make it work like it did 10 levels ago.

I wonder if Illusion works better at level 50 than level 60+ at 10% chance?

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 03, 2013 11:26 am
DingleMouse wrote:

I wonder if Illusion works better at level 50 than level 60+ at 10% chance?  

The change that Anan is talking about is one that happened literally overnight. One day it proc'd so often that people were complaining about how unrealistically high the proc on the astral was. Then we had this last maintenance and it stopped proc'ing. Neither Anan nor I have leveled up, so it's not that. This is purely a nerf that happened with maintenance, one that we were warned about by those who had the maintenance early as part of the trial.

I wouldn't mind so much if the nerf brought it within a reasonable level (10% meaning 5-15% or so taking into account rng) but the astral has been rendered useless for all intents and purposes. I'm not optimistic that it'll be fixed for the better, so I have fed my astral to another (hopefully more useful one) and I know others have too.

But my comment isn't to complain about it but to try and clarify that this isn't level related, it's a deliberate change in the coding done by the devs.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 03, 2013 3:11 pm
Took it out of my setup too. Swapped in an astral that works 100% of the time. At least I get some benefit from that. Illusion, as it stands right now, is 99% useless. The 1%? Well I ran into that last night when I had someone dead to rights in BG and she got the dodge on the last possible hit Wink

You've made me VERY angry..

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:35 am
Well first off many many many people dont understand % proc.

(Those of us from shaiya knows all to well %)
(Using illusion 5 / 10% as all examples)

The percentage is based on each attack not the fight as a whole
So saying it did proc 10% of the time in the fight is WRONG thinking.

For the incorrect thinking, the AI would have to look at the combatants and calculate ahead of time
* how many attacks will be aimed at you, which means the RANDOM attack is bogus
Now the AI cant count for if/when mages u heal skills which would extent the fight
Players using heal runes or def runes to extand the fight
Use of fighter shield or dodge regen usage
Archer hp syphon usage
And as such cant make a base number of attack to get the 10% u expecting.

So that means the correct way to look at it is proc is calculated vs each attack and as such its 10% chance per hit.
Thus if u get attacked 110 times in a full fight
u could fairly well not proc once which just means u very unlucky (kinda failing enchant multiple times at 90% success).
or u could fairly well proc everytime just means u got super luck and need to play the lottery.
But expecting it to proc 11 times out of the 110 is incorrect thinking.

Basically illusion is working how its supposed to
Remember before it was glitched/bugged and proc alot more then it supposed to.

So now that the devs fixed it, we get QQin in forum on they fixed the bug i enjoyed using to my advantage.

_Mighty_

Rank 2
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:50 am
It was completely nerfed....It used to be my favorite astral but now I've removed it and am considering combining it into another astral...and I have a pristine level 5 Illusion. All the complaining people did on the forums that it was OP worked, now it's a useless astral.

Remember it's a game. Always have fun in good times and bad.