frankiejay808

Rank 0
PostedMar 07, 2013 2:36 am
Doesn't get how adding more ss into the game people now think our exactly worth more? Explain that concept to me?
Advertisement

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:32 am
frankiejay808 wrote:
Doesn't get how adding more ss into the game people now think our exactly worth more? Explain that concept to me?  

Simple concept actually. This is still related to supply and demand. Right now, the reason they're priced higher and higher is because the demand is greater as more players reach the higher levels or more players simply wish to upgrade their gear. Unfortunately, the amount of SS won't satisfy the whole community effectively, so as a result everyone is in competition for the few SS that are already on the market.

In order to fix this problem, by adding an ample amount of SS back into the market, most of the community who's upgrading their gear will have enough to be satisfied, eventually to the point that Safety Stones may not be in such high demand (i.e. due to many returning to farming after their mass spendings or testing their gear out in some way, etc.). When this event happens, the demand will be so little that the seller will resort to lowering their price if they're determined to still sell it.

I'll give a similar example. When the 65 cap came out, one new crafting drop that appeared was Evolution Blood. Due to it dropping only from certain enemies in places (and the WC Forest, Gemsis and Shiver being fairly new areas), people who got it sold it for up to 50g in the auction, more or less. As the amount of 60-65 players increased, however (with the result of the new dgns being spammed often) the amount of Evo Blood increased in the market as a result. In the very end, once the 70 cap came out, it's average price is now 5-10g in the auction. Theoretically, the same can apply to any item that becomes more commonplace in the market.

Hope that explanation helped, and sorry if it was too much to read. I'm not an economics major, so I might have some illogical fallacies in my explanation.

P.S. In my honest opinion, if the prices remain the same even after a constant huge insurgence of Safety Stones in the market, the only possible guess I have at the moment as to why it would happen is due to the stubbornness of the seller wanting more gold. It's impossible to calculate the greed factor into this, but hopefully should EE ever reach that point, I hope it will not become a serious problem.

hummingkayls

Rank 2
hummingkayls
PostedMar 07, 2013 10:11 am
More SS wouldn't mean a darn thing imo. People will still want the inflated price because currently that's what they are worth. MORE GOLD for them. If the price lowered at all it'd be by 20 gold at best and still over 200 gold each Rolling Eyes . Lowest price on diamond that I've seen so far is 230g, the person would not budge. Only way to get SS (NT) if the person is not an ap buyer, is from farming alpaca coins. That is BORING as all get out after you cap.

In general for me the game has come to: grind gold in order to do what you want because most everything that used to be around 1:1 now costs out the rear. Prices on anything useful are skyrocketing, not just SS. I'm talking triple and quadruple price on a few things.

The game is a chore now, and I'm only playing it still because I like playing with a group of people. But that is it. Sure I'll progress through the game as it goes but I won't be as geared up as I'd like to be. I liked EE. You can thank the greedy SOBs for screwing up the economy to what it is now, especially on Diamond.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMar 07, 2013 12:58 pm
I know this may sound selective, but personally not only do I avoid the ones who overprice, but I try to sell cheaper than the market. I also try to make sure I don't sell my stuff to those I know who would just sell it for more. I have a personal blacklist lol..

I think if this escalated to the breadth of the community hopefully people can start seeing change.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

hummingkayls

Rank 2
hummingkayls
PostedMar 07, 2013 1:44 pm
Yeah, I've blacklisted the entire merchant guild and when I sell things it's meet me in aven trade only. If I see you are in that guild, automatic block since they were hidden on the search list if they weren't already.

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedMar 07, 2013 2:00 pm   Last edited by gcxu on Mar 07, 2013 7:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total

No quotes... would be too long

@rinsha

I understand that there are people who play the game for fun and don't care about competition. So changes to safety stones will only causes minimal impact in their enjoyment. The most it would do is perhaps increase the prices of costumes and eden crystal, things that are cosmetic and not meant for combat. But also that whether the price of SS grows and falls does not concern them... well at least that is the way we would like to think.

While it is true that some people don't play for competition, everyone plays for progression. Progression or mastery, brings some sort of satisfaction to players that is not define in gold or money. It is natural for people to want to get strong. And most likely within your circle of friend, at least a few wants to get strong. If your enjoyment of the game is contingent on the happiness you get from your friends and the time you spent with them, the increase of safety stone prices will reduce their enjoyment, thus their happiness and your happiness. For example, you gave safety stones to your friends because you wanted them to be happy via their progression. It gave you happiness to give them happiness.

So in some way the term "everyone" is appropriate, because safety stones do truly effect us all, whether it be through our own personal desires or our friends.

@PoolHooss/Hummingkayls

You are correct. Its called price stickiness. There is some sort of resistance, whether it be personal idiosyncrasies, lack of information of the market/foreseeable market, or time, prices do not change instantly. People may hold onto safety stones to increase prices once supply increase, that way they can earn more profit. Or they hold onto it because they are not sure whether or not there will be more safety stones. Or thats just how they sell it and won't change unless someone else force them to by undercutting them.

So the solution is on the right track. Release more stones! The demand and prices of safety stones are TOO DAM HIGH (lol). Let the sellers and buyers know that the supply is increasing... reassure people that there will be more safety stones and its variant available for purchase not just through altar, item mall, or reward, but a combination of all three! Let the sellers know if they keep selling at this price, buyers will just go elsewhere. Sellers are only able to charge ridiculously high prices because they know people will buy it and there is nothing any other seller is willing to do about it. More supply produces more seller, more seller = competition, competition = better prices or better deals.

MissRemedy

Rank 1
MissRemedy
PostedMar 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Agree

I like this very much and i do agree , the economy is extremly messed up i logged in today with a few money to spend on altar and i sow those SS selling for 200g each and Ecs got up to 150g i almost quit the game i mean how do they axpect us to enjoy the game when we have to spend a month farming gold for something we well only use once.

mrdolphin

Rank 2
PostedMar 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Not quotes... would be too long

SS effects everyone but to a certain level.

For competitive players and those that want to be the best of their crafts, no explanation is needed.

For people that want to just look pretty or have more of a social aspect to the game, not so much.

However, these said folks also sometimes are the same folks that join trial runs. Imagine a party of ungeared folks attempting a trial. There have been many times have I been the only geared person in the party with many "pretty" party mates that have the hottest fashion, 5p dragon mounts yet have the most garbage equipment ever. Many times I have to carry the entire run aka if I die, the party wipes.

If you plan on just looking pretty and not joining runs to gear your classes, sure, SS may not affect you as much (though the demand and supply may affect the fashion side). But most players (I know rinsha included), join dgn runs eventually, and it is very unfair to ride the coattails of someone who spent time, money, and effort to make their classes the best at its role.

Lvl 7X <br> Warrior(DPS)/Thief/MA/BD/Samurai/Ranger/Engi <br> <a>YT channel</a>

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedMar 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: Not quotes... would be too long

mrdolphin wrote:
SS effects everyone but to a certain level.

For competitive players and those that want to be the best of their crafts, no explanation is needed.

For people that want to just look pretty or have more of a social aspect to the game, not so much.

However, these said folks also sometimes are the same folks that join trial runs. Imagine a party of ungeared folks attempting a trial. There have been many times have I been the only geared person in the party with many "pretty" party mates that have the hottest fashion, 5p dragon mounts yet have the most garbage equipment ever. Many times I have to carry the entire run aka if I die, the party wipes.

If you plan on just looking pretty and not joining runs to gear your classes, sure, SS may not affect you as much (though the demand and supply may affect the fashion side). But most players (I know rinsha included), join dgn runs eventually, and it is very unfair to ride the coattails of someone who spent time, money, and effort to make their classes the best at its role.  

I am confused... is this post intended to disagree or agree with what I said (both in the original post and the reply to rinsha)

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 07, 2013 8:14 pm
I think it's meant to be more of a recrimination against those who choose fashion over game play. But I could be wrong.