PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMar 06, 2013 4:37 pm

This post...

blew my mind away.
Do you happen to be an economics major? Because this is so well-detailed and thought out that it caught me by surprise, even though I've read similar complaints. I believe most of us have tried to communicate this problem but lacked the expertise to put it in a visual perspective or reveal it in a professional manner (explainable considering a good amount of the players are also children and teens). I really do hope the GMs will take this post very seriously regarding the future of EE's economy.

One of the best ideas I've heard on this thread was the conversion of War Stones to Safety Stones. It gives ordinary players a chance to gain the opportunity to earn money (by selling the stones) or by upgrading their gear without resorting to luck or paying cash (features of the altar and weekly tiered spender or boxes, respectively). From what I also see, it has the potential to alleviate the shortage we currently have considerably.

I'm also curious if you have a similar strategy or proposal regarding the sellers who already have taken their prices up to eleven such as the Prime Back costumes. While I may understand that these are merely cosmetic and difficult to find, seeing certain sellers spike their prices every so often seems ridiculous to me..

This is a great post, I loved reading it, and as I stated before, I hope the product manager and the GMs will heavily discuss this issue.
Advertisement

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 6:58 pm
To satisfy any curiosity... I am indeed an economic major XD

On another note... is this post actually working? Because I'm selling safety stones on the altar and the new patch notes, while removing the op HSS and SSS, has given more stones to everyone.

Progression? I hope so =D

aw35o773

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:20 pm
It really is nice to see that we get a SS altar after this post which shows that it's working. ^^
Ironically, I'm still not seeing a significant amount of SS circulating around the economy. It'd be nice if the chances of land on the SS increases. EC prices did increase, but SS prices are increasing too. I took a peek into the AH and the cheapest SS in it costs 275g... Even in world chat or peer chat, people who are selling SS are still selling them at a 180g~200g range. There's almost no decrease in SS prices even with this altar.

akatsukimakkura

Rank 0
akatsukimakkura
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:40 pm
This was an amazing thread.

And I want to commend you on the primary literature-esque figures. :p

First off, I completely agree, since as someone who generally relies on the player market for my share of Sublimes, I would prefer them not to break my wallet. On that note, because the prices for some of the other special safety stone are a tad high for the % that it gives, I only ever use sublimes. After failing two halcyons in a row I kinda never want to use them again.

I want to address the question of the AP ratio: For some objects such as the permanent stat Star Stones and Gems, etc, those were like AP 1:5. For other things as mentioned, such as Prime Back Fashions, and may others, the prices are every increasing (25k-65k for wings?). More than it ever has, and now they are 3x, 4x, 5x, what they used to be if you played a few months ago. Its not just these, it seems like everything from the Item Mall is increasing while everything in game is relatively the same, or is dropping, such as crafted goods.

I personally think two things:
1) I think they will neither make the price of safetys lower, nor increase its availability in game.
2) Even if they did, like you said, it won't change much unless its long term. If people are worried about how all the players who use sublimes finish forting are done forting, I don't think so. Once I finish forting my main gear, I would stock up sublimes for my next set/weapon before I say im done. Im sure I'm not the only one who will stock up all kinds of safetys in anticipation for the next gear patch.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:43 pm
Troll SS altar. Did so little to mitigate the shortage of SS in the community.

Tingy914

Rank 0
Tingy914
PostedMar 07, 2013 12:01 am

SS+?
so Safety stone is the first one and SSS is up there so whats like the levels from SS to the best SS? ~.~

-Eden Eternal <3- -Server: Diamond- -- IGN: Exxy --

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedMar 07, 2013 1:31 am
Sorry but I gave up reading the second time u mentioned lack of safety stones hindering enjoyment

As a lv70+ I still enjoy the game without safety stones infact on various occassions I've given in to the urge to buy ap and taken safetys which I've proceeded to underprice(mostly for higher end safetys) and even given a large number away to the extent that the few friends I have question why I haven't used all of them to improve myself and my respose "I'm just here to have fun not compete to be the best at anything"
So to say the lack of safetys hinders everyones enjoyment is ridiculous

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Mocarze

Rank 1
Mocarze
PostedMar 07, 2013 2:09 am
rinsha wrote:
Sorry but I gave up reading the second time u mentioned lack of safety stones hindering enjoyment

As a lv70+ I still enjoy the game without safety stones infact on various occassions I've given in to the urge to buy ap and taken safetys which I've proceeded to underprice(mostly for higher end safetys) and even given a large number away to the extent that the few friends I have question why I haven't used all of them to improve myself and my respose "I'm just here to have fun not compete to be the best at anything"

It hinders my enjoyment, and the enjoyment of many friends I have. Whether it's everyone is a bit of a broad statement to make, I agree, but I'm not sure if it's that his exaggeration justifies you ignoring absolutely everything he had to say beyond that.

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedMar 07, 2013 2:30 am   Last edited by rinsha on Mar 07, 2013 2:36 am. Edited 1 time in total
Mocarze wrote:
rinsha wrote:

It hinders my enjoyment, and the enjoyment of many friends I have. Whether it's everyone is a bit of a broad statement to make, I agree, but I'm not sure if it's that his exaggeration justifies you ignoring absolutely everything he had to say beyond that.  

im sorry but thats just how i feel
if he wishes to speak for those whose enjoyment it does hinder then fair enough but that really isnt everyone
having read ur post i agree my initial reaction was a bit rash and so i went a read the whole post and i still believe theres too much emphasis on how safetys affect everyones enjoyment

granted there are some fair points and it would make a huge portion of the
community happy but i still feel the "everyone" should be removed as it certainly isnt true (it may be so for the people he knows but that again isnt everyone)

EDIT: tbh i dont really mind if changes are made or not but if anything id like to see things are changed for the better cos then a large portion of the people i know would be happier

Mocarze

Rank 1
Mocarze
PostedMar 07, 2013 2:33 am
rinsha wrote:
Mocarze wrote:
rinsha wrote:

im sorry but thats just how i feel
if he wishes to speak for those whose enjoyment it does hinder then fair enough but that really isnt everyone
having read ur post i agree my initial reaction was a bit rash and so i went a read the whole post and i still believe theres too much emphasis on how safetys affect everyones enjoyment

granted there are some fair points and it would make a huge portion of the
community happy but i still feel the "everyone" should be removed as it certainly isnt true (it may be so for the people he knows but that again isnt everyone)  

Hey, at the very least it's feedback, and through this we can see who benefits (in terms of enjoyment) by the introduction of Safety Stones, and who it doesn't, and get a more accurate picture of what people think!