gcxu

Rank 0
PostedMar 03, 2013 7:59 pm
Hompipah wrote:
or they can just change the code that safety stone will only break when the upgrading failed...  

As a consumer, I understand and wish for this...but with that being said...it would destroy the game. If you think about it... if a person had a sublime safety stones, he/she will never have to pay for safety stones ever again...b/c it's 100% success

Just put out more safety stones and its variants (sublime, halycon, corals, so on and so fort), that would be easier than changing coding and removing the stones we have to do now. It would be a complete overhaul...Not good for business or good for the game.
Advertisement

Rimstock

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:43 am
I like the idea of the safety stone boxes, charge 399 for them and give you a chance at x4 x6 x8 x12 and maybe a few of the less pricey specialty stones. If the minimum reward is 4 I garentee people will buy because theres no risk and we all know that there is like an 70% chance of getting the lowest reward. If you wanted to play marketing say they cost 599 and on sale for 399 specials. Either way I can see it generating some serious revenue.

Also How about a war stone trade in for a NT safety stone? Since an EC is 10 how about 15 or 20, it may not be a huge differance but it cant hurt

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedMar 04, 2013 8:23 am
Its on these well written posts and threads that I think there should be a "Like" Button. This was well written, explained in detail, and describes how the players are feeling about the steadily rising price of safety stones and low supply.

MisleadPaws

Rank 0
MisleadPaws
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:02 pm
Hompipah wrote:
or they can just change the code that safety stone will only break when the upgrading failed...  

Only the devs could change that, and if so they'd have to patch our version differently than the other languages. I doubt they would even do that anyways.

lordpatty

Rank 1
PostedMar 04, 2013 5:07 pm
A really well-written, informative and thought-out post. The funny thing is last week, I was just thinking about the lack of CSS. I mean, its fine and all that on a weekly basis you can get a USS but once you get past that, getting your gear to +9 or 10 really becomes a "who finds a booth selling it first wins" kind of thing.

But anyways, I personally appreciate and approve of this post. Most of the time, these forums are plagued with some incoherent "JUST LOWER THE PRICES" thread with no basis whatsoever. Kudos and I hope the PM himself reads this or at least gives his own personal input on the matter.

skylar.j.hawk

Rank 0
skylar.j.hawk
PostedMar 04, 2013 5:25 pm
Nothing other people haven't already said from me really. +Karma and I appreciate how much thought/effort went into the post.

Really only posting my reply to push dat page counter so the mods will know we all support this.

GMObspho

GameMaster: USA
GMObspho
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:02 pm
gcxu: Thank you very much for this well-written, thoughtful post. This is precisely the type of post we look for when seeking feedback from our playerbase.

While we can't give a definitive response to this suggestion at this time, we will absolutely be reviewing it. We'd like to ask other players to continue providing constructive, mature feedback to this thread.

As one minor point- we do request that players avoid requesting that a GM read their post in our forum guidelines. We will read the thread regardless, and we'd rather not have a forum full of threads asking for a GM. Other than that one minor issue, great post!

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Re: A Modest Proposal for Safety Stones

GMs,GS, PMs, Everyone! Attention please!
gcxu wrote:

• Increase in Sales:
    Safety stones are essential to the growth of the players. Thus it will always be in demand, regardless of how many new or old players you have. These stones will take priority over any wings or costume on the market, as its effect are not purely cosmetic. Also, this does not hurt the market of costume and primes, as players will return to buying cosmetic items when they become stronger.

Concerns about increasing sales of safety stones:

• Increase in costumes and eden crystal prices:
    This is perhaps the only negative result due to a possible increase in safety stones. If safety stones ends up in the altar, eden crystal during those times will be more expensive, because the rewards are so much greater. Also, costumes are most likely going to fluctuate a lot. Players who are trying to get strong won't buy primes, because they need money for safety stones. But at the same time, players who are already strong will pay more for primes they want, because they have nothing left to spend on.

These two points contradict each other. You could have been more clear that the true point of the first is that long term prices will remain, more or less the same. And the point of the second is that short term prices will fluctuate wildly.

Other than that, well written and +1

ABUSELV

Rank 0
ABUSELV
PostedMar 05, 2013 12:46 am
GMObspho wrote:
gcxu: Thank you very much for this well-written, thoughtful post. This is precisely the type of post we look for when seeking feedback from our playerbase.

While we can't give a definitive response to this suggestion at this time, we will absolutely be reviewing it. We'd like to ask other players to continue providing constructive, mature feedback to this thread.

As one minor point- we do request that players avoid requesting that a GM read their post in our forum guidelines. We will read the thread regardless, and we'd rather not have a forum full of threads asking for a GM. Other than that one minor issue, great post!

The only reason why you might not get the ammount of feedback you want, is because most of the players who care already left the game to be honest. A lot of top level people are leaving every week now. The state of the game now is incomparable to the way it was 2 weeks ago. If you guys keep waiting and doing stuff like "While we can't give a definitive response to this suggestion at this time, we will absolutely be reviewing it. We'd like to ask other players to continue providing constructive, mature feedback to this thread." It'll be too late. If it isn't already. Time to act. This issue has been complained about for MONTHS from pretty much anyone who's ever used a safety stone. The fact that you haven't noticed until this post was made is outrageous.

jovit130

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 6:14 am
GMObspho wrote:

ACT NOW or this game will DIE. I already quit the game because of the ridiculous prices of SS and primes. I was also an AP costumer and it was just so frustrating to bleed so much money into a game. Anyway, Aeria is still a better game provider out there unlike the others.

Great job for the post. +1

Also, Obspho, not all players are educated enough to provide a coherent and holistic analysis of in game economy. It is the PM's or GM's job to monitor the game and execute the most cost effective strategy to make profit and provide great costumer service.