crimson000

Rank 0
crimson000
PostedMar 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Has anyone been experiencing this lately?

I've been getting more Alpaca Errors than the Usual. Is anyone else experiencing this too?

IGN: Sephyria
Advertisement

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedMar 02, 2013 6:17 am
I haven't had the Alpaca error in at least 3 months, but I use to have it all the time. I can remember the worst I ever had it was about 8 times in one day. I've noticed that when I have the settings on high when I was entering a dgn or switching channels it would appear, however, if I turned the settings on low before I did so it wouldn't appear. So before I enter a dgn or switch channels I turn it on low, then I simply turn it back on high and everything is ok again. That works for me, no idea if it would work for you.

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedMar 02, 2013 10:02 am

Re: Has anyone been experiencing this lately?

crimson000 wrote:
I've been getting more Alpaca Errors than the Usual. Is anyone else experiencing this too?  

Yep. Both my couple and I. Alpaca errors stopped for a llong-time but as of the recent patch they came back with a vengeance. LOL.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedMar 02, 2013 10:04 am
Yes, and I know the causes too. Apparently whenever loading a map (aven, especially) AND using an application/task/whatever besides EE (example: when I check skype while loading maps) the alpaca dc will trigger. But It happened to me more than quite a few times when going into trials, dungeons, or sometimes randomly walking around the map too.

I haven't ran any fullchecks or reinstalled the game though, I should probably do that.

I've been experiencing it ever since the last content patch (arcane box)

illegit

Rank 0
illegit
PostedMar 02, 2013 3:43 pm
CheeseMonkeyss wrote:
I haven't had the Alpaca error in at least 3 months, but I use to have it all the time. I can remember the worst I ever had it was about 8 times in one day. I've noticed that when I have the settings on high when I was entering a dgn or switching channels it would appear, however, if I turned the settings on low before I did so it wouldn't appear. So before I enter a dgn or switch channels I turn it on low, then I simply turn it back on high and everything is ok again. That works for me, no idea if it would work for you.  

thats a real hassleoff lolnb switching on and off seems like alot of work.. if you are doing guild bosses 6 chs x on and off 2 times `-` every couple hours

crimson000

Rank 0
crimson000
PostedMar 03, 2013 3:43 am
sweetxdevil357 wrote:
Yes, and I know the causes too. Apparently whenever loading a map (aven, especially) AND using an application/task/whatever besides EE (example: when I check skype while loading maps) the alpaca dc will trigger. But It happened to me more than quite a few times when going into trials, dungeons, or sometimes randomly walking around the map too.

I haven't ran any fullchecks or reinstalled the game though, I should probably do that.

I've been experiencing it ever since the last content patch (arcane box)  

or possibly, Whatever kind of error the game "catches" , it throws an Alpaca Error. So, in General, it can be anything inside and outside the game's norms, I Guess.

illegit wrote:
thats a real hassleoff lolnb switching on and off seems like alot of work.. if you are doing guild bosses 6 chs x on and off 2 times `-` every couple hours  

its much more of a hassle, when you Get that Error in Trials/Arena. You lose a Trial Charge and Arena Time (Defector)

IGN: Sephyria

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedMar 03, 2013 8:04 pm
illegit wrote:
CheeseMonkeyss wrote:

Sadly you're right, it is a bit of work. But since it gets rid of the error, I do it. I'd rather hit buttons in the settings than DC from evil diabolical alpacas every other time.
When I hunt guild bosses and such I leave it on low, because I'm too lazy to switch it back. XD

But if I am doing dgns/trials I do switch it back. One of the things that use to bother me the most, would be when I entered a trial and an alpaca box would appear. Especially when it was my first or last run.... It made me want to claw my eyes out in frustration.....

Sekkkkkky

Rank 1
Sekkkkkky
PostedMar 03, 2013 11:37 pm
Yeah me too. Alpaca 24/7

Yuzero

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedMar 04, 2013 12:58 am
Kinda comes back whenever there's a new patch, but only once for me.

Noblewine

Rank 0
Noblewine
PostedMar 04, 2013 9:25 pm
I had a problem of being kicked in the game last week but today no problems at all.