Physical70

Rank 0
PostedMar 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Con and dex

I have read a few posts that say for a warrior con or dex is better. Some posts say con, some say dex. One post spoke very highly of dex and made it sound like maxing dex would make you very hard to hit in pve and similar in pvp. Another post said max con was the best because u could make up the other stats using runes.

Can some people who have experienced the higher lvl pve and pvp give their opinions please as to which is more beneficial?
Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 01, 2013 7:38 pm
This is a type of question where it is player oriented. Both sets are great and could be useful. While DEX gives you dodge Con gives you more health. I like Con more because I am making myself like a tank. I can take a lot of damage. For Warrior my build is usually Str and Con Smile

Physical70

Rank 0
PostedMar 02, 2013 10:11 pm
Much of what I read says that the dmg bonus from str is not enough to make it worth using a point to str. I did see that str is the only thing that gives any crit dmg. In your experience, do you think the dmg bonus and crit from the str you added made it worth adding str? Since you use con as well would you say it enough to not go all con?

000Ace000

Rank 0
000Ace000
PostedMar 03, 2013 3:26 am
I actually tried adding alot in str when open beta started, since i didn't knew the influence of the stat. ( did it till around lvl 30) So i can, fron experience, say, that it is pretty worthless.

1 Str add 1 point to atack and 0,5 points to crit. you can forget the crit bonus right away, since you need 10 crit to have 1% crit rate! which means even if you would putt ALL your points into str, you would only get 2 % crit rate for it, which is less than one singel red crit rune provides.

The atack bonus is a little more visible, but its not overhelming either, on full str you would do maybe 10-15% more damage than a comparable full con or dex Warr, but it would leave you without any means to survive.

So as long as you dont have a really potent healer chained on you, you shouldn't add to much in str. and even if you have, you will still get some trouble on stronger bosses and in pvp, where you hp drop to fast to outheal.

As of what to chose between con and dex: I'm full con, so i can't tell on dex from my own experience. but from what i heared from other players a dex build is more of a solo build, while con is more for parties. Because even high hp will drop prety fast on harder mobs, but with some buffs from other classes and a heal now and then you should be pretty fine. While if you dodge most of the atacks, you can manage your hp more or less with only pots.

Btw i think splitting your points on a warrior isn't really helpfull (like going con/str or dex/str) since the bonuses the stats provide are pretty weak already, splitting them up would only lead to several weak effects instead of a stronger one.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 03, 2013 4:10 am
STR is pretty much useless.
I am forming different Builds and still deciding which one to use when the Item Mall comes out.

Either full Crit, full Dodge or Crit/Dodge Hybrid with stats either on pure con or pure dex.

These are builds I am going to use, nothing official, so refrain yourselves from flaming.

Physical70

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:01 pm
Thank you all for the advice. I think I will try out dex until level 30 and see how I like it. I think the biggest factor for me to decide whether to go full dex or full con would be if the doge from dex ends out being a greater benefit then the higher max hp and regen from con. If dex really does dodge that much even against boss mobs then I will probably go full dex.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 05, 2013 12:07 am
Full Dex is great for PvE, while full Con is better for PvP purposes.

thom_sm

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 10:23 pm

HUman

doubts
I have a lvl 42 human
has STR 50 (+15)
and 36 con
is good? or no?

or will I have problems?
what do you think?