VerdithAnath

Rank 0
VerdithAnath
PostedMar 01, 2013 6:39 pm
I'm not a fan of power leveling either..and I agree with you. What I meant by "train" was teaching them how to pvp and how help out in a raid pvp situation ( we always try to help , but it sucks watching them take that knowledge and change factions)...but yea it would be nice if they knew there skills prior to being lvl 80. The only way I find power lvl ok is if they already have extensive pvp experience and want a toon on the apposing faction ( and of the same class)
Advertisement

Shanks.AZ

Rank 0
Shanks.AZ
PostedMar 01, 2013 6:44 pm
ye FC is almost impossibel .and some furie {not talking about me } are going light so maybe u get more uber .and BTW who said that all who are grinding atm are nub maybe some are more uber then all of us all what i know is we need change i hate to not use DF sometime cause we maybe kill pvp i hate to only call guildies not TC cause i kill pvp i hate to do 1 raid and wait on list 5-10 min cause i kill pvp we need more light more challenge

VerdithAnath

Rank 0
VerdithAnath
PostedMar 01, 2013 6:50 pm
I totally 100% agree with you Shanks.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedMar 01, 2013 7:57 pm
I don't buy it for a second that AoL are undergeared. Every zone I played in, AoL have MORE capable geared toon than fury. I would say the uber geared players are similar in numbers but due to population, fury has a higher % of them in pvp. Timezone when the ubers are active also play a part.

The issue isn't really gear, but what geared players mentality towards pvp is. That is what I experienced a year ago when I had my nub war in 70. BOTH factions have geared players that only wants to 'win' to play. And to 'win' is to gain all the kills and dominate completely. They treat it as an all in or nothing situation reflecting what AP spending has become. Good strategy in many situations in life, but boring as Hard for players that just want to play a game.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedMar 01, 2013 8:13 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
I don't buy it for a second that AoL are undergeared. Every zone I played in, AoL have MORE capable geared toon than fury.  

Then you obviously haven't battled me in this current episode..
Sure I have the gear for 1-15, which is still a little sub par on enchants. My canta gear is in need of just enchants and 80 gear is linked in 3 slots in the weapon, and 8 slots in the gear, no max OJ's except on 70 gear and cape.

Others are slightly better or worse off, but the fact is, not everyone can afford it.
Personally I still play in endgame for my guild's sake and someone else.
Even our guild that gets between 1 - 4th in GRB is filled with a mixture of barely linked or barely enchanted individuals. Sure you don't need everything done on your gear to be a PvPer, but it won't exactly keep you alive once the oppersite faction target you with purple chat.

-Retired.

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedMar 01, 2013 9:27 pm
tomieto wrote:
Chan375 wrote:
tomieto wrote:
It would be nice to get a bonus% but as we all know, in shaiya its about the gear u got.  
um... was just 8% linking bonus like 3 hours ago... what bonus are you wanting?  

Sorry for not being clear, i was refering to the bonus exp which shanks.AZ was talking about.  
*blushes* ahhh... see how quickly I can loose track, people talking about gear and lack of it between OP and you and I start thinking about linking and gearing and just loose track >.> Personally I think more and better linking bonuses (and more scheduled ones so people can plan around them) would be most use. Numbers are important, but do no good without gear and skill backing them up.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedMar 01, 2013 10:02 pm
Chan375 wrote:
Numbers are important, but do no good without gear and skill backing them up.  

-Retired.

grieverblade

Rank 1
PostedMar 02, 2013 1:03 am
As an AoL pvper it is pretty hard for me to go back to my 80 fighter. it really is, despite of having costume with stupid high OJ stats and fully linked. I don't find it appealing nor fun at all that the concept of PvPing in lvl 80 consists of having half the raid gang up on one fury or vice-versa.

That AoL are not geared? Half the guild I'm on which is among the top in GRB is fully geared and we are not even known for being 80 Pvpers. So I could imagine how well geared those who are really interested in 80 PvP are. We go for invasion a whole lot or have fun with a raid of fury at Reno in KI. However, as soon as the real 80 pvp usual people show up (from both factions) with their double OJ on everything and all enchanted to 20, costumes and nosses on top of that, we (AoL and UoF alike) pretty much get very easily bored and go to 15 or Canta where the cost of making a good character has not diminished much of the fast-pace gameplay.

If you want to have more AoL pvpers or even more UoF pvpers in lvl 80 pvp that you spend less time staring at their camp and more time defending/attacking, then the cost of making gear should be lower to be affordable to many and rapidly constructed like it is for previous PvP zones. Additionally, the costumes and double OJ followed by nossing doesn't really help much. All it ends up being is having a handful of uber spenders just trying to kill the opposing uber spenders which is slow.

llcpoidmb

Rank 0
PostedMar 02, 2013 2:44 am
Come Canta, only few canta fury pvper now...

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedMar 02, 2013 2:47 am
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
I don't buy it for a second that AoL are undergeared. Every zone I played in, AoL have MORE capable geared toon than fury.  

Then you obviously haven't battled me in this current episode..
Sure I have the gear for 1-15, which is still a little sub par on enchants. My canta gear is in need of just enchants and 80 gear is linked in 3 slots in the weapon, and 8 slots in the gear, no max OJ's except on 70 gear and cape.

Others are slightly better or worse off, but the fact is, not everyone can afford it.
Personally I still play in endgame for my guild's sake and someone else.
Even our guild that gets between 1 - 4th in GRB is filled with a mixture of barely linked or barely enchanted individuals. Sure you don't need everything done on your gear to be a PvPer, but it won't exactly keep you alive once the oppersite faction target you with purple chat.  
You can totally beat me, I've not even set foot in end game in this episode. Smile The only end game pvp I have in ep6 is being chased around Theos by invaders or OI portal camper when leveling a toon. My 76+ gear is limited to ele 1 top clean and ele 2 [6] spear to farm oi because they do better than my half-linked no max OJ 70 set I gave up on.

It is just my observation playing on Etain that some AoL like to use gear/rank as an excuse ever since I started playing and every time I look at barter or AH to inspect their gear, the same players are using gear 10x better than some fury I know. When pointed out, they say it is due to lack of experience or lousy lead or so on. There is always an excuse for lousy pvp experience but never an acceptance that the other side was simply better or pvp was fun.

Fury is the same and always use the excuse that AoL always have numbers. Just tired of the hypocrisy in this game.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!