GirlBlunder

Rank 4
GirlBlunder
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:53 am
Katovas wrote:
with that technique you can make a little siggy like this in about 5 minutes, but then again this isnt very well done Very Happy

Yes, I never spend just five minutes on a siggy. I like to take my time experimenting with effects and blending. For instance...that siggy you made just looks like a background with a random render slapped on it. I prefer to do some color matching and edge softening to make the render seem more integral to the background. I also usually try to match the flow of a siggy so that again, you really feel like this is one cohesive project.

Experimenting also ensure that not every siggy looks identical.

Advertisement

Katovas

Rank 1
Katovas
PostedMar 04, 2013 10:56 am
GirlBlunder wrote:
Katovas wrote:
with that technique you can make a little siggy like this in about 5 minutes, but then again this isnt very well done Very Happy

Yes, I never spend just five minutes on a siggy. I like to take my time experimenting with effects and blending. For instance...that siggy you made just looks like a background with a random render slapped on it. I prefer to do some color matching and edge softening to make the render seem more integral to the background. I also usually try to match the flow of a siggy so that again, you really feel like this is one cohesive project.

Experimenting also ensure that not every siggy looks identical.  

haha and thats exactly what it is Very Happy i just put a random render i had on there and said "BAM!" new siggy hahaha but this is incomplete work and im still learning but i still wouldnt spend only 5 minutes on a signature that im trying to make look nice Very Happy

as you can tell with my signatures they all look pretty much the same but thats because i dont know how to do much but if people like it then i will make it Smile

GirlBlunder

Rank 4
GirlBlunder
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:02 am
Katovas wrote:

haha and thats exactly what it is Very Happy i just put a random render i had on there and said "BAM!" new siggy hahaha but this is incomplete work and im still learning but i still wouldnt spend only 5 minutes on a signature that im trying to make look nice Very Happy

as you can tell with my signatures they all look pretty much the same but thats because i dont know how to do much but if people like it then i will make it Smile  

I understand that. Smile

I was merely trying to point out to you that the lines I used was a tiny part of the siggy I made, and didn't take long at all. It's not a question of how quick something is done, but how well. People can be happy with most efforts, but it's up to you to decide how much effort you want to put in to each one. Some, I will do rather quickly (say 20 mins) simply because I don't have time.

I like to try and put a decent amount of time in to each siggy so that I'll be happy and proud to put something up and have my name on it, and the person will feel they have gotten something unique from me.

Gaze.

Rank 0
Gaze.
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:43 am

C & C?

Made it before school today.

Katovas

Rank 1
Katovas
PostedMar 06, 2013 1:47 pm
GB I would like to know how you get your renders to always blend so perfectly in with your your background and text and just align to make it the best it is. Keep in mind im familiar with only photoshop and have actually never even used gimp before.

GirlBlunder

Rank 4
GirlBlunder
PostedMar 06, 2013 2:17 pm
Katovas wrote:
GB I would like to know how you get your renders to always blend so perfectly in with your your background and text and just align to make it the best it is. Keep in mind im familiar with only photoshop and have actually never even used gimp before.  

I do color matching, and soft light erases around the edges sometimes to make it blend better. For font it's similar. Just use colors that are actually in your siggy. Unless you're doing something for the sake of style, make a background with some similar colors found in your render or recolor your render. If you have a specific example I can explain better I suppose. xD

Gaze.

Rank 0
Gaze.
PostedMar 06, 2013 3:23 pm
Do you do C & C's?

GirlBlunder

Rank 4
GirlBlunder
PostedMar 06, 2013 4:17 pm
Gaze. wrote:
Do you do C & C's?  

I do, but I'm annoyed that you posted a C&C on a thread meant to help people improve their siggy making, so I'm ignoring it.

Gaze.

Rank 0
Gaze.
PostedMar 06, 2013 4:28 pm
GirlBlunder wrote:
Gaze. wrote:
Do you do C & C's?  

I do, but I'm annoyed that you posted a C&C on a thread meant to help people improve their siggy making, so I'm ignoring it.  

Oh, I posted it here to get feedback to improve instead of another C & C thread. I don't know if this is a good style for me to do, or go back to my old. If you rather me not post 'em here, I won't, though.

Katovas

Rank 1
Katovas
PostedMar 06, 2013 4:28 pm
what is C & C?