Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMar 10, 2013 12:07 pm
Renren245 wrote:
Oberonu wrote:
Yay! A year later and we get to have another alpha to find those bugs!  

Wasen't there over a thousand bug reports filled in the two first alphas? that was pretty intense stuff right there.  

Actually yes, there were a lot of bugs and they also added a junk load of stuff since the last alpha.

Jaia2442 wrote:
Oberonu wrote:
Yay! A year later and we get to have another alpha to find those bugs!  

Its gotta be clean right?  

Doubt it. They added a lot of stuff, plus the first alpha it was thought they fixed a lot, but they didn't make it clean or perfect. They fixed a lot of bugs, but also accidentally caused a lot of bugs. They also changed some things from the first alpha to the 2nd alpha, such as take out breathing. Now they have a lot of new content that needs to be tested also, so it will have it's own bugs.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."
Advertisement

Renren245

Rank 1
Renren245
PostedMar 11, 2013 2:17 pm
Oberonu wrote:
Actually yes, there were a lot of bugs and they also added a junk load of stuff since the last alpha.  

Well atless i never really ran into anything gamebreaking in the alphas, the game was buggy but was playable which is more then some beta's floating around can say for themselves.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedMar 11, 2013 3:22 pm
Oberonu wrote:

Doubt it. They added a lot of stuff, plus the first alpha it was thought they fixed a lot, but they didn't make it clean or perfect. They fixed a lot of bugs, but also accidentally caused a lot of bugs. They also changed some things from the first alpha to the 2nd alpha, such as take out breathing. Now they have a lot of new content that needs to be tested also, so it will have it's own bugs.  

Luckily, if we're getting the KR CBT client or better, most of those bugs are gone Smile I believe most the issues we'll be testing for would probably be localization issues Smile

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 11, 2013 3:35 pm
qawsar wrote:

Luckily, if we're getting the KR CBT client or better, most of those bugs are gone Smile I believe most the issues we'll be testing for would probably be localization issues Smile  

Remember that there's a lot of bugs that arise after localization though!!

Virilux

Rank 2
Virilux
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:28 pm
Yeah, Blue. If it was just Localization testing, then we would fly through the testing phases. Wink

Moon_Phase

Rank 2
Moon_Phase
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:32 pm
Finally!! I had almost given up hope ~~ Time to dust off my sailor suit /salute ~ ready for duty captain!

Who am I? I'm no one -- But I fight against tyranny and against so-called White Knights. I'm for fairness and equality for all - What do you stand for?

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Virilux wrote:
Yeah, Blue. If it was just Localization testing, then we would fly through the testing phases. Wink  

>> What do you think I meant by localization issues? Not just translations >.>

kommgaynwir

Rank 0
kommgaynwir
PostedMar 11, 2013 6:24 pm
To be perfectly honest, this is a double-edged sword. On the one side there's the high expectations of the game together with the fanboys/girls screaming for this game to finally reach CBT or even OBT. On the other side there's the disability or lack of motivation of Aeria to actually put effort into the production or speak openly and provide informations about the problems/achievements made up until now.

They did provide information regularly before, but i see more and more employees being called off to Eden Eternal, yet another child of theirs plagued with unbalance and a (considerably) strong ingame Mall.

What i want to state is, that i do love the concept behind the game. It looks colourful and i like the idea behind the class-specialization. And to be honest i am surprised of the loyalty on the side of the community.
Yet it wakes scepsis inside me when i read about these oh-so-cute Forum activities to call a corpse back to life just to not leave the work until today in vein.

My opinion so far, still i'm willing to help in the alpha. Probably out of pure curiosity. No idea how they'll choose their "localization-liaisons" or "balance-beholders" for the alpha though Very Happy

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMar 11, 2013 8:10 pm
kommgaynwir wrote:
To be perfectly honest, this is a double-edged sword. On the one side there's the high expectations of the game together with the fanboys/girls screaming for this game to finally reach CBT or even OBT. On the other side there's the disability or lack of motivation of Aeria to actually put effort into the production or speak openly and provide informations about the problems/achievements made up until now.

They did provide information regularly before, but i see more and more employees being called off to Eden Eternal, yet another child of theirs plagued with unbalance and a (considerably) strong ingame Mall.

What i want to state is, that i do love the concept behind the game. It looks colourful and i like the idea behind the class-specialization. And to be honest i am surprised of the loyalty on the side of the community.
Yet it wakes scepsis inside me when i read about these oh-so-cute Forum activities to call a corpse back to life just to not leave the work until today in vein.

My opinion so far, still i'm willing to help in the alpha. Probably out of pure curiosity. No idea how they'll choose their "localization-liaisons" or "balance-beholders" for the alpha though Very Happy  

There are high expectations, however LO thus far has been a good game. I do agree aeria needs a lot of work, but all one can do is take it one step at a time. Cheers!

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedMar 11, 2013 8:53 pm
Well honestly, if Cykan Ent., wanted Aeria to remain tight-lipped about LO's progress, there's not much they could do about it.

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]