Lucifyria

Rank 1
Lucifyria
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Re: Name change?

Why did aeria change the games name.
CGalanger wrote:
the name is Queens Blade >.>  

Presumably to alleviate any confusion about the game, considering there is a Manga/Anime named "Queen's Blade" but this game has no relation to that.

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:44 pm
It's all to avoid confusion and it don't sound that bad.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:56 pm
To avoid any possible lawsuits of similarity. Razz

greatestgenius

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 7:13 pm
I really want to see the sticky though for the THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE QUEEN'S BLADE ANIME thread.... am kind of tired of seeing that tossed around whether by trolls or by clueless noobs.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedFeb 28, 2013 7:20 pm
greatestgenius wrote:
I really want to see the sticky though for the THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE QUEEN'S BLADE ANIME thread.... am kind of tired of seeing that tossed around whether by trolls or by clueless noobs.  

Unfortunately, no matter how many stickies you have people will always ask, regardless of the subject matter. xD

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 28, 2013 7:59 pm
Personally I think the name was changed because it isn't the same game in several respects. The same base, sure, but a lot of elements of the US version will most likely be a lot different, for better or worse.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedFeb 28, 2013 8:17 pm
Grimstrike wrote:
Personally I think the name was changed because it isn't the same game in several respects. The same base, sure, but a lot of elements of the US version will most likely be a lot different, for better or worse.  

Or.....because of the anime of the same exact name that most likely has a copyright on the name.

I foresee a lot of wrongly accusatory threads about what may or may not have been changed for this version.

I make no Rupaulogies.

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedFeb 28, 2013 8:20 pm
Technically even if Media Blasters, the company that licensed Queen's Blade, did copyright the name, there wouldn't be a case if the name was Queens Blade. A subtle difference but enough to make it avoid any copyright laws. It has been done before, just look at Pink vs P!nk.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedFeb 28, 2013 8:32 pm
Siviard wrote:
Technically even if Media Blasters, the company that licensed Queen's Blade, did copyright the name, there wouldn't be a case if the name was Queens Blade. A subtle difference but enough to make it avoid any copyright laws. It has been done before, just look at Pink vs P!nk.  

True, but I think Aeria's doing a "just in case" thing. Scarlet Blade's not even a bad name, seeing as how half the game revolves around PvP and you know what bodily liquid is scarlet. It also has more to do with the game, since I don't remember anything about royalty in this game.