alexrivera26

Rank 1
PostedMar 02, 2013 6:17 pm
sleepingroosje wrote:
alexrivera26 wrote:
That is impossible to determine is damage is not fixed. You'll always do x amount to y amount, even determining an average is just statistical speculation of the root amount.

There is no DMG bonus associated with or without Plague carrier and Dark parasites other than the description. It is possible they left it out and there might be other bonuses, but damage wise as you believe none. I thought I saw the same thing but after many usages later I concluded damage random, certificate bonus, and equipment that increased my M ATK being the ones responsible.

As for Grimiore's, it is not a necessary weapon. Warlocks are not weapon specific, hence why they get Immunity to Fear which is weird because the wiki says 10% cast speed when equipped with a grimiore.

There's only 1 magic book worth it's troubles and that is the awakened grimiore.  

There is always an average damage you do, statistical or not (the more data you collect the more you can say about the statistics). Going from a skill description amount of INCREASE in atk is just as wrong.
Nightmare is warlocks strongest nuke because if you have a parasite on a opponent it does bonus dmg in the form of 2 more hits. I say i do more dmg with nightmare cause the initial crit (before the extra dmg calculated) is for both nightmare and shadow arrow roughly the same, after this the extra dmg of nightmare when a parasite is in effect comes on top of the initial dmg and making it do alot more dmg then shadow arrow.

The immunity to fear just changed (like 4 weeks ago or so) and wiki just didnt get updated yet.  

Say what you want to say and say want you mean It wasn't 4 weeks ago that has changed. The damage from parasite from either form still does not add the indifference of Shadow Arrow and it's a waste of time casting 3x dark parasite. Not like warlocks can tank.

If I want to make shadow arrow stronger just the certificate bonus and Knowledge tree is enough with parasite.

But whatever superstition you have that parasite+nightmare does extra damage other than the description(as I wrote before) is just that: superstition. It's like Death Threats. Obviously the healing bonus is p-healing and not g-healing, because not even captain obvious is needed to see the difference between 10k crit heal to 500
Advertisement

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedMar 02, 2013 8:32 pm
alexrivera26 wrote:
sleepingroosje wrote:
alexrivera26 wrote:
That is impossible to determine is damage is not fixed. You'll always do x amount to y amount, even determining an average is just statistical speculation of the root amount.

There is no DMG bonus associated with or without Plague carrier and Dark parasites other than the description. It is possible they left it out and there might be other bonuses, but damage wise as you believe none. I thought I saw the same thing but after many usages later I concluded damage random, certificate bonus, and equipment that increased my M ATK being the ones responsible.

As for Grimiore's, it is not a necessary weapon. Warlocks are not weapon specific, hence why they get Immunity to Fear which is weird because the wiki says 10% cast speed when equipped with a grimiore.

There's only 1 magic book worth it's troubles and that is the awakened grimiore.  

There is always an average damage you do, statistical or not (the more data you collect the more you can say about the statistics). Going from a skill description amount of INCREASE in atk is just as wrong.
Nightmare is warlocks strongest nuke because if you have a parasite on a opponent it does bonus dmg in the form of 2 more hits. I say i do more dmg with nightmare cause the initial crit (before the extra dmg calculated) is for both nightmare and shadow arrow roughly the same, after this the extra dmg of nightmare when a parasite is in effect comes on top of the initial dmg and making it do alot more dmg then shadow arrow.

The immunity to fear just changed (like 4 weeks ago or so) and wiki just didnt get updated yet.  

Say what you want to say and say want you mean It wasn't 4 weeks ago that has changed. The damage from parasite from either form still does not add the indifference of Shadow Arrow and it's a waste of time casting 3x dark parasite. Not like warlocks can tank.

If I want to make shadow arrow stronger just the certificate bonus and Knowledge tree is enough with parasite.

But whatever superstition you have that parasite+nightmare does extra damage other than the description(as I wrote before) is just that: superstition. It's like Death Threats. Obviously the healing bonus is p-healing and not g-healing, because not even captain obvious is needed to see the difference between 10k crit heal to 500  

So, did you ever look at what the skills actually do instead of just reading the descriptions? As we all know, Eden Eternal is fraught with typos.

Anyway, Nightmare Attack does say that it inflicts bonus damage when the foe is afflicted with Parasites, and the manner in which you do so is with a secondary strike with about 75% of the damage of the first hit. It's true that Shadow Arrow has more power on the initial strike, but the difference isn't that large because the addition of P-Atk or M-Atk is translated into damage about 10 times lower than the number you see. For example, if a skill raises P-Atk by 3000, it'll do 300 more damage than an autoattack. For M-Atk, there's no autoattack to compare to, but the relative differences among skills scale similarly.

Here's a screen shot of my damage logs after a Dark Parasite, Shadow Arrow, and Nightmare Attack one after the other. It shows Shadow Arrow doing 3345 damage and Nightmare Attack doing first 3094 damage and 2320 as the secondary hit. The damage is applied simultaneously, and you can see this from the screen shot since there is no Dark Parasite damage interfering. If you don't believe me, I urge you to go in-game and test the skill yourself.