mafyahard3

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 9:14 am

Warlock's Shadow Arrow healing effect

I'm wondering if shadow arrow is really affected by how much parasite leeches or it's affected by wis/P-healing? e.g. If I use 4 blue certs that increase healing and recieved healing (G-healing and P-healing) would that increases how much my Shadow Arrow heals?
Advertisement

HP.Lemon

Rank 2
HP.Lemon
PostedFeb 28, 2013 9:27 am
I've seen times where my Shadow Arrow heals almost nothing because of fresh Parasites, but when Parasites have been on a while, the Shadow Arrow heals me to (near-)full. I've also seen a difference when they've taken Plague Carrier Parasites (which have a lower DoT/level compared to the regular Dark Parasite) compared to just Dark Parasites.
So I would say that it IS affected by Parasite.

keia33

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
keia33
PostedFeb 28, 2013 1:13 pm
The biggest thing to you want is your dark arrow to crit heal when it matters, so in my own opinion I would say to focus on m-crit and keep dark parasites and dark arrow level, kp depends on your build but the proc on dark arrow is only 30% with parasites on.

I do not recommend g-heal and p-heal for a warlock unless the gear comes like that.

P.S: this is the wrong thread to post in for this topic

post here for m-dmg class questions

korwarrior

Rank 3
korwarrior
PostedFeb 28, 2013 6:37 pm
yes it does get affected

but no to the fact that 4 blue certs are not worth it

alexrivera26

Rank 1
PostedMar 02, 2013 12:22 am
That is all superstition. Shadow Arrow procc rate is 50%. Now, as anyone can testify who has made numerous amount of armor, 50% is not a high percent to be successful. I've failed 10 alone with 56% on armor, heck even on 70%.

This factor also applies with Shadow arrow. Shadow arrow is the only nuke skill Warlocks get, whereas Nightmare is the main skill that is half the damage of Shadow arrow. At lvl 69 Shadow Arrow does almost 10k worth of damage but Nightmare is just a bit over 5k (5k+2.5k+1.25k= 8.75k), and unfortunately you will not see these amounts unless you have 3.00 worth of MCRIT DMG, High MCRIT Rate and atleast 20k MATK. >< Other words, you have to crit to kill.

That being said, it's all luck against that 50% procc rate. The 3 things I strongly advice you and all warlocks to invest is Cast Speed, MCRIT and MDMG so when you see the proc of Shadow arrow you'll see your HP fully restored. Cast Speed obviously faster you release the skilll, the faster the cooldown begins, therefore the faster you can recast those 2 skills.

Plague carrier is also targetable which is why I use it on the tanks, that way I need not worry about Dark Parasites, on myself in PvP.

Just look at the proc rate of the Debuffing effect of Dark Parasite...30% and to this day never notice it proc. That's how rare, and my lock is 69 with 69 Threats, Arrow, Nightmare and almost on Carrier and Parasites.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedMar 02, 2013 4:45 am
Why do Grimoires have +wis and g-healing then :S
They stat wise ...make no sense for casters, when INT is the go to stat.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 02, 2013 5:27 am
alexrivera26 wrote:
That is all superstition. Shadow Arrow procc rate is 50%. Now, as anyone can testify who has made numerous amount of armor, 50% is not a high percent to be successful. I've failed 10 alone with 56% on armor, heck even on 70%.

This factor also applies with Shadow arrow. Shadow arrow is the only nuke skill Warlocks get, whereas Nightmare is the main skill that is half the damage of Shadow arrow. At lvl 69 Shadow Arrow does almost 10k worth of damage but Nightmare is just a bit over 5k (5k+2.5k+1.25k= 8.75k), and unfortunately you will not see these amounts unless you have 3.00 worth of MCRIT DMG, High MCRIT Rate and atleast 20k MATK. >< Other words, you have to crit to kill.

That being said, it's all luck against that 50% procc rate. The 3 things I strongly advice you and all warlocks to invest is Cast Speed, MCRIT and MDMG so when you see the proc of Shadow arrow you'll see your HP fully restored. Cast Speed obviously faster you release the skilll, the faster the cooldown begins, therefore the faster you can recast those 2 skills.

Plague carrier is also targetable which is why I use it on the tanks, that way I need not worry about Dark Parasites, on myself in PvP.

Just look at the proc rate of the Debuffing effect of Dark Parasite...30% and to this day never notice it proc. That's how rare, and my lock is 69 with 69 Threats, Arrow, Nightmare and almost on Carrier and Parasites.  
\

I wonder why my nightmare has the same amount of main dmg as shadow arrow, that is without the extra hit when under parasite........ (and no no KP in the skills)

As for the debuffing effect, it does effect but only when casted anew. So if there is a stack of 3 on the target you wont proc the debuffing effect again unless you let the stack end and start stacking again. And it does work, used it on kekabu and first boss of Ft. verdure Trial when at lvl 50 or 55 cap.

alexrivera26

Rank 1
PostedMar 02, 2013 12:44 pm
That is impossible to determine is damage is not fixed. You'll always do x amount to y amount, even determining an average is just statistical speculation of the root amount.

There is no DMG bonus associated with or without Plague carrier and Dark parasites other than the description. It is possible they left it out and there might be other bonuses, but damage wise as you believe none. I thought I saw the same thing but after many usages later I concluded damage random, certificate bonus, and equipment that increased my M ATK being the ones responsible.

As for Grimiore's, it is not a necessary weapon. Warlocks are not weapon specific, hence why they get Immunity to Fear which is weird because the wiki says 10% cast speed when equipped with a grimiore.

There's only 1 magic book worth it's troubles and that is the awakened grimiore.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 02, 2013 2:14 pm
alexrivera26 wrote:
That is impossible to determine is damage is not fixed. You'll always do x amount to y amount, even determining an average is just statistical speculation of the root amount.

There is no DMG bonus associated with or without Plague carrier and Dark parasites other than the description. It is possible they left it out and there might be other bonuses, but damage wise as you believe none. I thought I saw the same thing but after many usages later I concluded damage random, certificate bonus, and equipment that increased my M ATK being the ones responsible.

As for Grimiore's, it is not a necessary weapon. Warlocks are not weapon specific, hence why they get Immunity to Fear which is weird because the wiki says 10% cast speed when equipped with a grimiore.

There's only 1 magic book worth it's troubles and that is the awakened grimiore.  

There is always an average damage you do, statistical or not (the more data you collect the more you can say about the statistics). Going from a skill description amount of INCREASE in atk is just as wrong.
Nightmare is warlocks strongest nuke because if you have a parasite on a opponent it does bonus dmg in the form of 2 more hits. I say i do more dmg with nightmare cause the initial crit (before the extra dmg calculated) is for both nightmare and shadow arrow roughly the same, after this the extra dmg of nightmare when a parasite is in effect comes on top of the initial dmg and making it do alot more dmg then shadow arrow.

The immunity to fear just changed (like 4 weeks ago or so) and wiki just didnt get updated yet.

illegit

Rank 0
illegit
PostedMar 02, 2013 3:38 pm
keia33 wrote:
The biggest thing to you want is your dark arrow to crit heal when it matters, so in my own opinion I would say to focus on m-crit and keep dark parasites and dark arrow level, kp depends on your build but the proc on dark arrow is only 30% with parasites on.

I do not recommend g-heal and p-heal for a warlock unless the gear comes like that.

P.S: this is the wrong thread to post in for this topic

post here for m-dmg class questions  
this