GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 28, 2013 8:03 am

Version 1.5, Part 1, Opinions

Please note: This is meant to be an opinion thread. There's a suggestion thread to pitch ideas for changes, please don't try to use this thread as that. This is merely for discussion to get an idea of what people think. As always, please be respectful of everyone's opinion even if you disagree.

My first impression is that there are things I like, things I don't like, but the cons seem to outweigh the pros here. I hate to be cynical, but I opened the cash shop to check out the new clothes. The first thing that stood out to me is the initial 5 rage boost on each piece, and that's going to be a gamechanger in that I believe we will see a mass exodus of people who can't afford them. Why? I don't know what it is for other classes but for archers, we get our AOE at 45 rage. 30 rage with pvp set + 5 per piece on clothes = 45 rage. So this means for every archer that has clothes and pvp set, they can now lead with AOE, and the ones who don't have clothes cannot. So my first thought is.. good luck to everyone in PVP trying to beat a player or players that can instantly AOE you and you can't do the same. You run into a group in GA that can now AOE you 3 times with their first attack (something that used to be a mage's huge advantage in this game so that has now taken that away) and your team has to spend 2 or 3 rounds rage building to use your AOE, well, your group is most likely done from the second that battle starts. I look at this and I say that's going to be the sword that needed to drop for many if not most free players to say they've had enough, and they can no longer compete in this game. Time will tell I suppose.

Someone else also brought up something to me - She bought the clothes, she was careful about putting together the specific look she wanted, she went to synth a piece and it completely changed the look of it. I realize we were told this was going to be the case but needless to say she's now quite upset and feels ripped off because something she just spent money for, the look that she wanted, is now gone because of a process that, let's face it, is not going to be optional.. you're going to have to upgrade your clothes in order to stay competitive when everyone else will do the same. She also tells me there was no way to safely retain her old look, not even a balen option to do that.

The things I like are seeing new features being introduced, such as Divine Altar, and the new, updated look. Also love the addition of a "Sell X and Below" astral option. Auto Cooldowns for VIP are very cool. I'll reserve judgment on the features I haven't see yet until, ya kno, I actually see them Wink

I think the way they want us to spend money to do certain things now has just gone overboard. I'm not a fool, I get these kinds of games, they're pay to win.. but this was a big step in that direction, and I can only look at it and say "They just put a pricetag of 1200 balens on being able to stay any kind of competitive in this game". I'm very sad to see that. We're already getting thin here on S1.. this does not bode well for all but the upper echelon of people who can afford to keep going forward. I can only look at this and wonder what the next wave of "You won't be able to compete without this" will be.
Advertisement

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedFeb 28, 2013 11:12 am
I came back to see if the game was playable for once... I should have known better. Well hi to all my friends that still play. I hope ya all have well paying jobs to be able to compete here.

nubadubadub

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 11:23 am
kittymix wrote:
I came back to see if the game was playable for once... I should have known better. Well hi to all my friends that still play. I hope ya all have well paying jobs to be able to compete here.  

A few of us are planning a bank robbery as i type this..

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedFeb 28, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Version 1.5, Part 1, Opinions

GodofAcid wrote:
Please note: This is meant to be an opinion thread. There's a suggestion thread to pitch ideas for changes, please don't try to use this thread as that. This is merely for discussion to get an idea of what people think. As always, please be respectful of everyone's opinion even if you disagree.

My first impression is that there are things I like, things I don't like, but the cons seem to outweigh the pros here. I hate to be cynical, but I opened the cash shop to check out the new clothes. The first thing that stood out to me is the initial 5 rage boost on each piece, and that's going to be a gamechanger in that I believe we will see a mass exodus of people who can't afford them. Why? I don't know what it is for other classes but for archers, we get our AOE at 45 rage. 30 rage with pvp set + 5 per piece on clothes = 45 rage. So this means for every archer that has clothes and pvp set, they can now lead with AOE, and the ones who don't have clothes cannot. So my first thought is.. good luck to everyone in PVP trying to beat a player or players that can instantly AOE you and you can't do the same. You run into a group in GA that can now AOE you 3 times with their first attack (something that used to be a mage's huge advantage in this game so that has now taken that away) and your team has to spend 2 or 3 rounds rage building to use your AOE, well, your group is most likely done from the second that battle starts. I look at this and I say that's going to be the sword that needed to drop for many if not most free players to say they've had enough, and they can no longer compete in this game. Time will tell I suppose.

Someone else also brought up something to me - She bought the clothes, she was careful about putting together the specific look she wanted, she went to synth a piece and it completely changed the look of it. I realize we were told this was going to be the case but needless to say she's now quite upset and feels ripped off because something she just spent money for, the look that she wanted, is now gone because of a process that, let's face it, is not going to be optional.. you're going to have to upgrade your clothes in order to stay competitive when everyone else will do the same. She also tells me there was no way to safely retain her old look, not even a balen option to do that.

The things I like are seeing new features being introduced, such as Divine Altar, and the new, updated look. Also love the addition of a "Sell X and Below" astral option. Auto Cooldowns for VIP are very cool. I'll reserve judgment on the features I haven't see yet until, ya kno, I actually see them Wink

I think the way they want us to spend money to do certain things now has just gone overboard. I'm not a fool, I get these kinds of games, they're pay to win.. but this was a big step in that direction, and I can only look at it and say "They just put a pricetag of 1200 balens on being able to stay any kind of competitive in this game". I'm very sad to see that. We're already getting thin here on S1.. this does not bode well for all but the upper echelon of people who can afford to keep going forward. I can only look at this and wonder what the next wave of "You won't be able to compete without this" will be.  
i agree what ticks me off the most is that thier is no way for some one who cant buy balaen's to to stand a chance with this in game i can buy ap will i for this new stuff idk yet not made up my mind on that i like to spend because i want to not because i am made to atlest if they would have put it in for ppl to get it with vouchers would have made it more fair all around i see alot of ppl leaveing this game not just free to play one's but cash speander ones aswell

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 28, 2013 11:28 am
nubadubadub wrote:
kittymix wrote:

A few of us are planning a bank robbery as i type this..  

count me in?

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 28, 2013 2:04 pm
Would add to the things I like, the seed organization is MUCH more convenient.

You've made me VERY angry..

Aeria.Mazinger

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.Mazinger
PostedFeb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

GodofAcid wrote:

I will relay this message to the developer.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:23 pm
Most changes are great, i really enjoy a lot can see my wings on battle and the new leopard mount. But like GodofAcid said this is a pay to win game, it was before, but now is even more. A non VISA player with patient could afford to get good equipment, the only handicap when facing a VISA were the wings if you work hard on your equip, now, even the people with wings and some balens to buy gems and rods are scared of those with clothes.

Look at this, lv 4 clothes (maybe even lv5-6-7 and even 8 in the future) + PvP set = 63 initial rage... for a mage it means you can do Da.mnation -> Meteoric -> Fire Rain and still 22 rage remains, add here will destroyer and the enemy never will know if was you or a truck who overrun him.

If you don't like this combo there is the option of legend + clothes, 33 initial rage and 10 extra rage after each attack, Da.mnation -> Fire Rain -> Meteoric, no rage remains but who cares? use legend equipment means you can have 4 slot for gem, put CRIT in each piece and enjoy the massacre.

I think special attacks are mean to be powerful but hard to perfom, now will be spamable. There MUST be a difference between thos who pay and those who not, obviously, otherwise nobody will pay, but this is too much in my opinion, thanks god level clothes to lv4 seems to be really expensive and not everyone can pay it.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:28 pm   Last edited by GodofAcid on Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Aeria.Mazinger wrote:
GodofAcid wrote:

I will relay this message to the developer.  

Thanks Maz but I didn't write it with that intent, just getting my opinion out there and eager to see what others think with their first impression and as we progress =) That said, I'm fine with them knowing, but more interested in if that matches up with the overall take.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:33 pm
I just poked my head into cross server BG for the first time.. hah.. went down the list checking people out, can't see much about them except their BR.. but when I saw most people 6 levels lower than me with the same or higher BR, and people my same level a good 6k+ above me being commonplace, I said forget this and got out of there. When it comes to BG, I'll say it looks like we were led to slaughter, these other servers have much more time into this, or events, or I don't know.. I'm not a super player by any means but I consider myself average for my level. Lvl 66, 42k BR. Just saw many 60-62 at 43k, 44k, 45k.. and 65+ at 48k to about 55 or 56k was the tops in there. Those numbers are the players in our server we consider OPed, and they were just about all in that range. I can't compete with what I just saw.. not without letting them give me dryads. Might come to that.

I hope this was an isolated "bad draw", but having about 10 of 15 people on the other side moderately to substantially more powerful than me.. not so confident in that. Will update my thoughts on this as we go. Leaving my final opinion TBD as I see if this is now what the BG world looks like or not. That was scary though. I'd like to hear others feelings on cross server BG.