rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 28, 2013 12:47 pm
i have an idea of my own.

depending on where the OP people are i can go a good number of battles without ever winning more than 25 points in 41-50. some days i am just on the loseing side every time.

now i've noticed that for every valid battle we are in we gain some bonus REP, not much like 1-3 rep or so. now if the game were to keep track of losses and reward the people for loseing (not enough to make it viable to give up on a hard fight) repeatedly then more people will come back knowing that even if they lose they will still get something.

No guts no glory!
Advertisement

one2five

Rank 0
one2five
PostedFeb 28, 2013 1:38 pm
rena_ishtar wrote:
i have an idea of my own.

depending on where the OP people are i can go a good number of battles without ever winning more than 25 points in 41-50. some days i am just on the loseing side every time.

now i've noticed that for every valid battle we are in we gain some bonus REP, not much like 1-3 rep or so. now if the game were to keep track of losses and reward the people for loseing (not enough to make it viable to give up on a hard fight) repeatedly then more people will come back knowing that even if they lose they will still get something.  

JoshexDirad wrote:

but I'll settle for competitive based points just for trying even if you lost.  

Well you already get something for losing. If u continue fighting, even if u get killed over and over, try capping some crystals (stealthing past any campers potentially) or just try to do dmg on players and u should end up with a decent amount of points. Often the highest scoring people on the losing team can get higher points than lowest on winning team, if u keep on fighting. If you wear good quality gear in a losing team you are more likely to get higher dmg this way, equally if you wear bad quality gear on a winning team, that will more often than not factor into the points that you end up being awarded.

To the poster above, please don't derail this topic. It is not about points rewarded per pvp match, but about extra incentives (which includes what you do with the points awarded, because for capped players there is nothing to do with it, and there is a problem with pvp starting). I'm pretty sure 300-400 points in average for a winning mvp in lvl 50 arena, there is no hacking involved for that. I also believe that overtwinking in lower-lvled arenas is a problem, but that is not the contention here. That doesn't mean though that I believe in babying pvpers, I don't. Often twinks are not the only reason people are doing bad, but they are doing bad because they still got a lot to learn about pvp. The problem with twinks is that they don't get the space to learn it properly, and it gives them too easy an excuse to blame everything on fortifications.
My advice is do not dispair. I was noob in pvp until i got to lvl 60 on my first character. I got pwned an awful lot haha. I never mvped a single match until i had done about 200. But i camped 60, doing faction reps, getting all talents, getting the best gear, farming acv, getting my entire mastery (back in the days in wcm), fortified my gear, and most of all i learned to play my class and to pvp properly. It's as simple as that. I meet some new players and they are still like that, but others just give up too easily and despair. Do not lose heart! Also, please stop commenting in this thread if u don't have anything to say about new ideas as to how to use the pvp points u gain.
Cheers

xxFaeixx

Rank 1
xxFaeixx
PostedFeb 28, 2013 2:00 pm
I personally think they should make an in game pvp fame shop, like the ones that currently exist, but contain NT sage stones, enchants, chisels, mallets and other stuff to help people up their gear. This way people will feel more motivated to pvp because they know that they can upgrade their gear (to at least +15) thru pvp fame. 16-18 clovers i guess should stay as a cash shop item.

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
PostedFeb 28, 2013 2:20 pm
Dead horses should be left alone.

Unless you're from England.
/lowblow

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
PostedFeb 28, 2013 2:43 pm
People need to know which horse is the dead one.

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 28, 2013 3:38 pm
one2five wrote:

To the poster above, please don't derail this topic. It is not about points rewarded per pvp match, but about extra incentives (which includes what you do with the points awarded, because for capped players there is nothing to do with it, and there is a problem with pvp starting). ....

...Often twinks are not the only reason people are doing bad, but they are doing bad because they still got a lot to learn about pvp. ....

....The problem with twinks is that they don't get the space to learn it properly, and it gives them too easy an excuse to blame everything on fortifications.
Cheers  

1. the reason pvp is haveing a hard time starting is because you fight and fight and win almost nothing at all. the game has kids in it, and teenagers, they don't want to spend weeks of dedication to earn 1 set peice. the items you can get already are vary good quality. people will argue about the the usefullness of pvp armor in comparison to lega and sprite but the armor is certainly competitive with it's rivals.

to help start pvp and get people in there is give them the feeling that they are able to win something even if they are loseing. i have seen winners (those on the winning team) gain 25 points because a +15-18 managed to kill almost every time (like 70 kills from 1 level 30 ranger in one HFB 21-30 match) leaveing no room for teammates to earn points.

2. true, people need to learn to use their class before they are any good to them selves or the team but unless your willing to spend weeks dieing or spend lots of ap most don't live long enough to learn. i learned most of what i know in HoJ. the battlefields are chaotic and i often don't even know why i'm losing but in HoJ there are no distractions and i learn new things almost every time.

3. have you looked at those +18 fort people? 4.4k defense and 3.6k magic defense on one warrior. he matches my level 50 wizard in magic defense. the only saving grace is they can only use 1 weapon at a time so their damage is weak in comparison to all 5 set items at +18. people look at the strenght of the fort people and seek that power even if they can't use their class.

despite what you want this thread to do i feel it's the points system not the items available that needs changeing. though i wouldn't mind it if fortifcation items went on the market

No guts no glory!

humaniixviiiix

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 7:52 pm
rena_ishtar wrote:
one2five wrote:

1. the reason pvp is haveing a hard time starting is because you fight and fight and win almost nothing at all. the game has kids in it, and teenagers, they don't want to spend weeks of dedication to earn 1 set peice. the items you can get already are vary good quality. people will argue about the the usefullness of pvp armor in comparison to lega and sprite but the armor is certainly competitive with it's rivals.

to help start pvp and get people in there is give them the feeling that they are able to win something even if they are loseing. i have seen winners (those on the winning team) gain 25 points because a +15-18 managed to kill almost every time (like 70 kills from 1 level 30 ranger in one HFB 21-30 match) leaveing no room for teammates to earn points.

2. true, people need to learn to use their class before they are any good to them selves or the team but unless your willing to spend weeks dieing or spend lots of ap most don't live long enough to learn. i learned most of what i know in HoJ. the battlefields are chaotic and i often don't even know why i'm losing but in HoJ there are no distractions and i learn new things almost every time.

3. have you looked at those +18 fort people? 4.4k defense and 3.6k magic defense on one warrior. he matches my level 50 wizard in magic defense. the only saving grace is they can only use 1 weapon at a time so their damage is weak in comparison to all 5 set items at +18. people look at the strenght of the fort people and seek that power even if they can't use their class.

despite what you want this thread to do i feel it's the points system not the items available that needs changeing. though i wouldn't mind it if fortifcation items went on the market  

Use pvp time to earn more gold and make sprite set maybe wise chose than join in battles where you only lost and earn nothing.
It a "strong eat weak" active so if you want to join buy legacy, Fortification you item to 15 or 18. Or if you don't have much , legacy +9 with +15 or 18 weapon will do (though it useless when you face full +15 or 18 lol).
That's what i learn after join pvp so far.

As long as you have gold , this game's pvp alway easy.
You can't imagine how funny when i have spend time to blow my sprite with love keg , earn treasure Committee rep and collect marterial to make Strength +6 stone , just to reality that you only need alot of gold , buy O-clay and gamble to get +9 Strength stone (._.) i give up half way when i know that you can earn NPC rep by rep stone from M-clay , just buy rep stone from AH and make it .

It strange that you can buy it by gold , not Rep point like pvp set. Lol , just have alot of gold and you need no hard work in PVP. That one element make this game economy fail with mission order make a good gold farm.

You just need to make rep to high enough lv and then spend gold. Lol.

The more i play , more i reality how strange thing are. GF have good system , but IDK why it so mess now .-.-/

Angel_santana2

Rank 0
Angel_santana2
PostedFeb 28, 2013 9:16 pm
PVP rewards need to be something grand and desireable.. Stones , or consumables, fortify stuff, that the GM's can mail you.

Campers , not allowed, period. Get in the end game. PVP awards given to only the 80+ only. Giving rewards to lesser groups is rewarding quitters.. Here congrats for being a lazy slug..

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedFeb 28, 2013 10:40 pm
Well lookie here.I must admit, I'd never think additional pvp rewards would be introduced. Lotsa stuff getting done, I see. As good as these rewards are, they may not keep players in pvp, but it's a darn good start.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 01, 2013 1:07 am
The MvP rewards are a good start I guess. It's nice to finally see some results of all the suggestions. I hope the other PvP reward system will be points related, as that will provide a reason to not rage-quit matches~