DinahSoares

Rank 0
PostedFeb 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Trojan Virus from Shaiya

I recently decided to start playing Shaiya again. I recently had an issue where my Steam account was hacked. So, while checking for a key-logged / other viruses, I came across this.. This is concerning since it's literally only been on my computer for about 3-4 days. I've barely even had time to play it. I downloaded it straight from the aeria website. I haven't visited any fishy websites, or attempted to purchase in-game money.. or anything of the sort. I currently cannot play Shaiya, as the file is quarantined.. Not entirely sure I want to.

Any ideas as to why or how I got this virus?
Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedFeb 28, 2013 12:06 am
It's a false positive - see here for a full discussion.

You need to tell Malwarebytes to ignore it.

RIP Kizzd

heath601

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Trojan Virus from Shaiya

DinahSoares wrote:
I recently decided to start playing Shaiya again. I recently had an issue where my Steam account was hacked. So, while checking for a key-logged / other viruses, I came across this.. This is concerning since it's literally only been on my computer for about 3-4 days. I've barely even had time to play it. I downloaded it straight from the aeria website. I haven't visited any fishy websites, or attempted to purchase in-game money.. or anything of the sort. I currently cannot play Shaiya, as the file is quarantined.. Not entirely sure I want to.

Any ideas as to why or how I got this virus?

I was having this EXACT same problem and I was afraid to download it. Good to know it was not really a virus. Someone should sticky this so others will know if they encounter this problem.... Cya