LedZepMan92
PostedFeb 27, 2013 3:05 pm
1. As always. For the same reasons.

Advertisement

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedFeb 27, 2013 3:25 pm
4 for DKO itself. While content/pvp right now is sort of stale, it IS a fresh new game with probably more potential than people thought at first. With a lot of player-to-GM communication going on right now (more than I have ever seen in another Aeria game, and that says a lot... we also have amazing GMs in the form of Dropkick and ebilfish. These two are amazing!), we are fully aware of the discussions going on between our staff and the devs, mainly about suggestions given for content changes and balances as well as future potential content. The downside of DKO, however... For a "PvP" game, there's no pvp. Even games that have deteriorated into dress-up games (eyes on GrandFan) have more pvp than DKO.

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedFeb 27, 2013 3:30 pm
I give you a two this time because the GM (I stress the lack of an s on that) has actually communicated with the community (once, but it's still a start). The compromised account of a friend of mine was recovered and returned to her, and the GM came onto a forum and responded to a thread that had pretty much every problem the game is suffering right now (doubly important, as everyone, myself included, was sure no one cared until he answered).

However, the game still has problems it's had for some time now, and new ones re cropping up still. for the last month, we've had surprise campaigns on showdown and survival match weekends. Something like this should not be hard to prevent, they've done it before.

The GM that responded mentioned that the 4 or so GM's that have to deal with the 6 or more games they have on their plate (the fact that you're getting even more is not helping matters) pretty much have just enough time to make sure things do not go out of control, and even then, he's failing at that. The first thing you should do is get enough GM's so that you have enough to work on one game a piece. Hiring less employees is not a good way to save money, especially in the long run, as you are now proving.

After that, the hundreds of bugs that have been and are still plaguing the game need to be addressed. Get them fixed, start advertising the game, and before you know it, you'll have a highly successful game on your hands that practically pays for itself.

Ever wonder how Technature lives the life of a soldier?How about asking a person that doesn't actually exist questions? Then drop by Technature's blog and drop a letter.

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:27 pm   Last edited by Siviard on Feb 28, 2013 8:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Same rating as last time, 2/5. Was leaning towards 3/5 or maybe ever a 4/5, but recent events have caused me to rethink that and lower my rating.

DKO: 3/5. Nothing good, nothing but. Just average.

Grand Fantasia/Eden Eternal: 2/5. Game is slowly becoming P2W and some issues, including ones that have been around since day 1 of CBT, still exist despite having been "addressed" multiple times. Players are steadily leaving due to issues that have been in existence but never fixed. And before anyone says it's the developers that do it, it's hard to put it on the developers when it has been over a year since the issue was known and never touched.

Lime Odyssey: 0/5. If I could give you a negative score, I would but since I can't, I'll give you guys a 0 on this one. For all the hype you guys threw at the game when it was first announced, it feels like the entire community has basically been abandoned. It has been 6 months since any GM/PM has posted anything, and to the best of our knowledge, the entire team seems to have ditched the game. Information, where?

Community communication: 1/5. Typically don't toss this one in since I put it in with the other game reviews, but I've started to notice a disturbing trend of this so I'm putting it here. Communication between the GMs and players, and even the PMs and GMs, seem to be disintegrating. I've noticed in several threads (that have been nuked to oblivion courtesy of the people who can do such a thing) that the PM says one thing on an early page, then several pages later the GM comes in and says the complete opposite of what the PM said. Not to mention there are times where a GM will say something, then a few pages later the exact same GM will invalidate his own statement by posting something that conflicts it. Kind of hard to figure out what the Hard you guys are talking about when you can't even keep your information straight, especially when a heavy chunk of the information is between a GM and PM.

Overall rating: 1.5/5. I can't give half points since there's no option to the thread, so I'll follow standard rounding rules and round up due to it being a .5.

EDIT: In light of new information regarding LO, I have decided to bump the rating up from a 0 to a 1. A GM finally gave us information, however a 6 month wait is completely UNACCEPTABLE in the business world. I reserve the right to decrease this rating again should this be a one time fluke.

d4rkpassenger

Rank 2
d4rkpassenger
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:42 pm
I gave 1.

abringley1083

Rank 0
abringley1083
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:44 pm
Siviard wrote:

Lime Odyssey: 0/5. If I could give you a negative score, I would but since I can't, I'll give you guys a 0 on this one. For all the hype you guys threw at the game when it was first announced, it feels like the entire community has basically been abandoned. It has been 6 months since any GM/PM has posted anything, and to the best of our knowledge, the entire team seems to have ditched the game. Information, where?

Well said my friend, well said.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:46 pm
LedZepMan92 wrote:
1. As always. For the same reasons.  
What he said.

Aeria start Caring.

OWAIT, you won't.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Allan the pk

Rank 5
Allan the pk
Fayetteville, North Carolina United States
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:53 pm   Last edited by Allan the pk on Feb 27, 2013 5:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I give a 1 for the following reasons.

So as a almost 6 year AGE veteran I have this to say.

Aeriagames for the first 3 years were target on. Communication was constant.. Errors were fixed. And they made the games truly for the free while those who did pay. Their hard earned cash has gone toward what they have payed. Game advertisements. upkeep of the game. In game events. And demolition of cheaters.. Idk what happened after that however, I think it is time to review history.

So with that said DWO when it was first released was just as stated in above I liked that... However it seems you guys do what you must to get some players but once you got whatever the goal was for a player base it seems you just forget about the game and figure it will live. But now everything That should be done for a game to live and a positive player base has been forgotten.
So those certain things that have clearly been forgotten I have stated in the below..

I hope to see a change in these btw. And it will pain me to see this game die off. It has so much more potential than it is credited for seeing as there is no other game like it. It isn't like those stupid push a button wait for animation games this game is very skill based and if given the right treatment I strongly believe we can recover better than ever.

~ Allan

DWO yet again completely forgotten.......................................................................................

No advertisements whatsoever... or any effort to increase population...

New players? yes some majority of new charachters are those making them for games since most people avoid high ranks.. and also they are made specially for campaign enough said..

Lets not forget lack of GM communication and lack of events and free events for the new players. I am a paying player however doesn't seem like my cash is going toward where it should be going.

ijjiSpec

Rank 2
ijjiSpec
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:57 pm
2 for GunZ.

After a year Aeria acquired GunZ, we finally got a tournament (hosted by Gamesages). However, we're missing some significant updates that another official GunZ server has already implanted ages ago. In addition we still don't even have a functional clan page, ranking page and item mall. More importantly, there is still little to NO interaction between the GunZ GMs/PM and the community. This said, I understand it can take some time and resources to manage several games but the least you could do is give us some weekly (or biweekly) updates on your progress with our game instead of leaving us completely clueless for months. That's all we're asking for.

strobava

Rank 5
strobava
PostedFeb 27, 2013 4:59 pm
Allan the pk wrote:
I give a 1 for the following reasons.

DWO yet again completely forgotten.......................................................................................

No advertisements whatsoever... or any effort to increase population...

New players? yes some majority of new charachters are those making them for games since most people avoid high ranks.. and also they are made specially for campaign enough said..

Lets not forget lack of GM communication and lack of events and free events for the new players. I am a paying player however doesn't seem like my cash is going toward where it should be going.  

Ditto as Allan.I could say it...but he already did Smile

Edit:I could say more...but that's like arguing with air