Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 27, 2013 12:21 pm
Want to know the truly bad thing?

This is the first MMO I've ever played where all of the character classes interest me.

In past MMOs I'm almost always the primary tank in any guild I'm in. Tanks are usually what I'm the best at and what I usually play. With this game, each role is fun to play and interesting to me.

I almost always hate stealth characters in MMOs, but the SW in this game isn't half bad to play.

I usually suck with healers in MMOs, but the Medic is what I enjoyed playing the most during Alpha.

I'll not single out every character class, but I will say that each one of them is worth playing and exploring from a technical game play perspective.

If things stay their current course for the duration of the game's life I see myself playing and leveling 5 of the 6 classes as time goes by. If things happen to change over the duration, I'll happily go for 6 out of 6.
Advertisement

JinniBottle

Rank 3
JinniBottle
PostedFeb 27, 2013 12:25 pm
interesting poll indeed.

+SW Twisted Evil

Attempting to return...

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedFeb 27, 2013 1:53 pm
Too few people seem to realize this game is all about the Whipper.

You can be those silly tanks, healers, stealthers, AOE nukers in all games. But whips, that is rare indeed!

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedFeb 27, 2013 2:28 pm
Whipper won't survive without a healer in PvP Razz

BillyBallo89

Rank 5
PostedFeb 27, 2013 2:46 pm
for this reason im here Cool (healer)

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedFeb 27, 2013 3:04 pm
kittymix wrote:
Whipper won't survive without a healer in PvP Razz  

I'd like to see the class that does survive without a healer Smile

ShallowKite

Rank 0
ShallowKite
PostedFeb 27, 2013 5:26 pm
We belong to the shadows~ Smile

JinniBottle

Rank 3
JinniBottle
PostedFeb 28, 2013 1:57 am
lingu023 wrote:

You can be those silly tanks, healers, stealthers, AOE nukers in all games. But whips, that is rare indeed!  

It is new indeed, but as the poll shows so far, there's much interest in the whipper already so I don't know where does your statement comes from.
All combat classes are supposed to be designed that despite of different abilities,
their pro's and con's are meant to be balanced to have equal chances vs each other.
If you want a world only full of whippers then oh well.. don't count me in, I like variety.
But don't laugh people off that they will play what they feel they are best at.
Fear not the weapon, but the hand that guides it.

Attempting to return...

ShallowKite

Rank 0
ShallowKite
PostedFeb 28, 2013 2:03 am
JinniBottle wrote:
lingu023 wrote:

It is new indeed, but as the poll shows so far, there's much interest in the whipper already so I don't know where does your statement comes from.
All combat classes are supposed to be designed that despite of different abilities,
their pro's and con's are meant to be balanced to have equal chances vs each other.
If you want a world only full of whippers then oh well.. don't count me in, I like variety.
But don't laugh people off that they will play what they feel they are best at.
Fear not the weapon, but the hand that guides it.  

Indeed. People tend to pick the class that they think best suits them.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. <center></center>

mjollnir77

Rank 3
mjollnir77
PostedFeb 28, 2013 2:21 am
I've always been a tank, so my vote goes to Defenders. Alpha was too short and with a very low cap level to judge each class.
My main concern is about class balancing, in the first 30 levels ranged and stealth toons did have an edge (and a very big one) against pure melee - yeah, also whippers had their share of hard time against SW and ranged.

Hopefully with the progress of the levels some traits of melee classes will become more and more important (this is based on what I've read from QB KR players even in here, so may be pure speculation).

If class will be too unbalanced, well, I'll simply quit (there's no reason to be a tanker when you cannot tank properly or damage dealers can tank quite like you - see that epic fail of Last Chaos for reference), if as a Defender I'll be cut off pvp, well, that would be another fine reason to look elsewhere for fun, because PvP is actually a big part of the gameplay.

But this is mere speculation, let's wait to see the final thing.