i been thinking the same thing
wolfteam would be awesome esports game whitout all the crap addet
Advertisement

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedFeb 26, 2013 7:34 pm
JediMike awesome that you brought this up! Smile

Wolfteam is an amazing game and that's why I love it so much ever since it came out in 2007. Back then it was really very competitive (above expectations), but ever since Overpower items were introduced to the game, the competitiveness have gone down hill in a very fast pace. We can make it back to be competitive.
Let's take for example, the "Capture the Flag" mode which suppose to be a very competitive mode because it requires coordination and planning between the teams involved. Sniper Mode was a competitive mode, not anymore since HKE 417 was allowed to be used in Sniping mode.

By design, a game where players' options depend on how much money they pour into the game cannot be competitive at all. A tournament where AP items would be limited could be competitive, but balance between both teams..example would be that Red team could be using the exact same items as Blue team, not just everyone wearing whatever they want to. Setting a limit would be the key factor for a game/tournament become competitive.

Credit to [GS]Abso for the Siggy

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedFeb 26, 2013 8:40 pm
If Capture the Flag and Conquest were played properly, they would be the Modes I choose for Competitive Gaming.

DevinWT

Rank 4
DevinWT
PostedFeb 26, 2013 8:45 pm
coduxs wrote:
If Capture the Flag and Conquest were played properly, they would be the Modes I choose for Competitive Gaming.  

With the people we send for the Competitive Gaming, it will be, or should be.

ImpalementOne

Rank 3
ImpalementOne
PostedFeb 26, 2013 8:58 pm
seems interesting i like it Very Happy

I'm forever grateful that you taught me the art of drawing butts Master Aznteck, and thanks to Katovas for the beautiful signature

Aznteck

Rank 5.1
Aznteck
PostedFeb 26, 2013 9:18 pm
coduxs wrote:

If it is played properly, "You have been banned for GP Farming."

If it is not played properly, "Stat Padding - The sole purpose of creating a room to increase your stats."

ajbatistaa_

Rank 2
PostedFeb 26, 2013 9:45 pm
I love wt tournaments, but as it been said, it turns into battle of wallets. So it would be awesome to have a no ap / old school tournament, it would for sure bring some old wt legends back for this event and they could be interesting to compare them with the players that still play this game.

xNuclear, King of auz, Master of TeamDanger

pedro_30_rc

Rank 0
pedro_30_rc
PostedFeb 26, 2013 10:32 pm

:3

Soy uno de los pocos usuarios que hablan español y juegan desde hace tiempo Wolfteam Aeria...
Y el único torneo que me gusto fue el de que un tal AlexLIMITED quedo en 2do lugar...
Los otros Torneos que hubieron fueron Torneos de AP (El que Tenía más AP ganaba).
Sinceramente esto me parece una grandiosa idea y una buena iniciativa de un GS :3 .. !!
Bueno, en un torneo donde se demuestre la verdadera habilidad y en donde no haya AP , sería muy bueno..

rizzo919

Rank 0
rizzo919
PostedFeb 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Thoughts on Competitive Gaming

what it boils down to is eliminating hackers in the game. The best way to level the playing field or make something competitive, is to eliminate the people cheating. This still needs to be addressed in the general play of game. Once you have a better handle on that and are able to regulate the "bad element" in the game then you will be more successful at hosting competitive style events. Whats the point if just another hacker wins the event? This has given us nothing but once again the feeling of defeat. Practically every tournament you guys have hosted has been won via hacking. There has been a huge decline in game play and it is for a reason and that reason is not for lack of hackers or great prices on ap. I know I sound critical, however I am trying to help. Things I think might help game play outside of the prior mentioned are:

A) Game events twice a week. One on weekend to say thank you to players who are usually already playing and one during middle of week to encourage players to come out and play when it is slow.

B) Give them back burning on weekends. Really gives sense of progress when you see double your points compared to points during week. I think people like that.

C) Balance the books in shop. You know players buy certain items in shop more often than others. Ex.) Power User: you raised price, and added 30 day max. time limit. As well drastically reducing WC awarded. All are fine. But how much will it hurt you to give them full WC credit. Come on, don't be cheap, it's insulting.

D)Update shop. It has been well over a year and a lot of items are still floating around the shop no one buys or wants to buy. The one time buy items should be updated for players at least at the end of the year. If not then get rid of it all together because we have all purchased this item by now, lol.

E) Try different forms of advertising. You are in California, try to attach yourself to a good film due for summer release somehow.

F) Eat less fatty foods and eat more raw vegetables.

NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY INTO THE SUN AND ALWAYS BE YOURSELF!

skaterdebcn

Rank 4
skaterdebcn
PostedFeb 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Re: :3

pedro_30_rc wrote:
Soy uno de los pocos usuarios que hablan español y juegan desde hace tiempo Wolfteam Aeria...
Y el único torneo que me gusto fue el de que un tal AlexLIMITED quedo en 2do lugar...
Los otros Torneos que hubieron fueron Torneos de AP (El que Tenía más AP ganaba).
Sinceramente esto me parece una grandiosa idea y una buena iniciativa de un GS :3 .. !!
Bueno, en un torneo donde se demuestre la verdadera habilidad y en donde no haya AP , sería muy bueno..  
Sir, you should english in this forum. And he is a [PM](Product manager) not a [GS]xD

Y yo tambien llevo mucho tiempo aqui así que no estas solo xD aparte hay bastante gente española por aqui lo unico que no participan.

Well, I would like to participate in this tournament and without AP of course