.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:25 pm
I will look into the ATK/Ch-atk thing in the future thanks to your post. For now, I'm not going to worry about it. However, from my current thoughts, I still kinda doubt I will add it. It kinda makes me feel like I would be writing a character simulator after that which in that case, I would just tack on the skill simulator to it when I work on it. That way, you can enter all your character information and the skill simulator add-on to that will grab those values and use it for its at/ch-atk calculation.

============================

v1.15

Change -> Class graphics changed
Change -> Active / Passive graphics changed
Change -> Skill adjustments to Medic / Punisher classes
Change -> Interface adjustment
Fix -> Chaser class fixed. Apparently, in browsers other than Google Chrome, you got a really long page. It has been fixed where nothing loads
Change -> Hash algorithm changed.
Change -> Removed Get URL, Save/remove build buttons
==========================

Old builds will not work since you are redirected to the new site with the new hashing algorithm. If I used the old hashing algorithm, it would have worked just fine though. However, there is no way I could use the old hashing algorithm.

I removed the Get URL, Save and Remove build buttons. The new simulator just updates the URL as you go now so that button was useless. Save and Remove build buttons were removed because of a conflict on that site. It could be re-added, but I doubt many people used that anyways.

===========================
Final release?
I'm moving on to other projects. I have about 1-2 proposed updates to do and then thats it. I have stopped playing Scarlet blade quite a while back and I have no intentions of leveling each and every class to 29. Normally, when it comes to creating these simulators, I normally don't have to play the game.

Therefore, if you want the simulator updated after those two updates I'm going to make, you will need to submit to me skill data corrections that need it. Gather your bored friends who are level 29 and get them to help to work on fixing the skill data in the skill simulator instead of complaining its wrong.

I will continue to post updates here, but only to let you know when the simulator was updated and change the version tag on the first post. Just click on the updates tab on the simulator to see what was changed.

If you post skill info fixes here, there is a chance I may or may not post letting you know I got it, but it should be changed also immediately now. I watch this thread so i will get a email when someone makes a post here.

The proposed character simulator in the future is just a idea by the way. I don't have the data I need to create it and if you want to know what kind of data I need, feel free to contact me.

Advertisement

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 17, 2013 11:20 am
Only change I have made. The new part is after sentence #2.

=================
*Old hashtags won't work on this simulator. If you came to this page with old hashes, the simulator won't load the right info. That means if you get a level 202490383 something build, then whoever created that build needs to update it as thats from the old simulator with the old hash algorithm.
=================

Over the past week or so, there have been people adding me to skype or contacting via email about how :

A) Simulator loads up a lvl xxx build (i.e like 234)
B) X class already has skill points allocated to it when I choose it

I have no idea how that is true in option "B." I went to the simulator page and choose Shadow Walker for example and everything was fine. So I can only assume the person came to the site with a old hashtag.

Anyway, due to how busy I am, I have not been responding to many of these queries and I'm pretty sure I'm backed up on adding people to my skype. I thought originally what I had written would solve the solution, but I guess most people don't know what a hastag is. So I added the above additional info.

I will state it one last time on here. I cannot go back to the old hash algorithm. For many reasons most wouldn't understand. There is no way for me to detect the old hash and conver t it based on the new algorithm. If that was the case, I would of done it a long time ago. Even if I could go back to the old one, people have already made new builds with the new hash algorithm.

Normally, the hash algorithm doesn't change like this. But due to a problem with updates made to the simulator in the future, the change had to occur either now or later down the road. I chose now considering later down the road means even more trouble.

I may however may be able to add a option to choose to use the old hash algorithm, but not only will that cost major time for me to work on and test thoroughly, it can be used improperly. Most of all, I think your average user wouldn't bother to click it. That is typically what I've seen over the years.

I will only add such a thing if there is a major demand for it. I have already moved on to other projects currently and this project is now on the backburner aka very low priority. So you can post here, on the discussion thread on my site, use skype, or contact via email to let me know that a lot of people really want the old hash algorithm back.

==========================================

Future build

My new simulators in production are currently using not only a new and improved layout design, but the code behind it is much better thus letting me do less work and its more compatible with all browsers in regards to how skill icons are placed. If you look at the simulator in Google Chrome and then firefox for example, you may notice how the icons aren't positioned the same and some other major oddities on the page.

Unfortunately, I won't be doing this for this simulator. The reason being is the sheer amount of work that would have to be done on it plus making sure everything works as it did before.

Thats about it. I am very unresponsive these days, but if you really need to reach me, you will probably have to start a conversation with me on my site since I work on simulators on the site and would notice someone PMed me while I'm working on one. Leave skill info on the discussion thread on that site.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 18, 2013 12:57 pm
v1.16
Change -> Removed Simulator Presets and Show next rank tooltips
Change -> Passive Background changed to image-less background
Change -> Medic skills updated. Look at discussion thread to see what was changed.
Change -> Merged tooltip js
Change -> Moved all javascript back to server instead of CDN
Change -> All images not currently used by the simulator removed from the CDN

The changes were made because of the cost of bandwidth. Since this simulator is so popular, my monthly bill for my CDN also skyrocketed. So I changed some things around so bandwidth cost could be cut down.

Ugh....just noticed. 21 PMs on here. I did not notice that since when I come to this site, I normally go to the forums then login and it doesn't show me a PM count at the top by my name. But it showed that for me when I just went to the main AG site and logged in. I really don't think I'm going to read all of those today. I have more pressing matters to attend to.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 18, 2013 9:03 pm
v1.17
Change -> Converted simulator to "Izen Simulator Framework." The entire simulator also got a makeover due to this change.
New -> Chaser class added and is functional. Missing tooltip information
New -> Added Old Hash Algorithm. This will allow you to view old builds posted on the net and convert those builds to the new hash algorithm
System -> Code cleanup part 1. Long ways to go before all code is converted to "Izen" and minimalized.

Do not PM / Skype / etc me about old builds not working anymore. Learn how to read and click on the Yes radio button for Use Old Hash Algorithm. There is a 99.9% chance that it will convert that build correctly. If not, there is nothing I can do about it except tell you that they need to update their build!

I hate updating legacy software so I had to update the simulator to match the simulators on the rest of the site using the new framework. I call it Izen. All my simulators are designed this way and coded the same way. However, the SB simulator isn't fully converted. Anyways, it does look better does it not?

After I add the chaser "google translate" tooltips, I am definitely moving on to the projects I need to work on and putting this simulator on the backburner (low priority). If you have skill updates for me, you need to just post in my simulator discussion thread on the site or skype me.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 19, 2013 1:22 am
v1.18
Change -> Fixed chaser skill tree. Two new skills were added. However, one of the skills belongs on column 1. Until I feel like reworking all the graphics + other things again, I added this new skill to column 2
Change -> Moved icons to a different url. Explains why they went missing if you looked at the site earlier. That was actually a error on my part as I deleted the old icons off the cdn by accident.
System -> Code additions due to chaser. Kinda wish I was able to restart from scratch on this simulator as I'm running out of space

==============================

v1.19
Fix -> Chaser Skill - The Guardian Shout prerequisites fixed
Fix -> Chaser Skill tooltips added. Skill effects are missing and the tooltip data for Lvl.2+ skills will not show when you level them. However, you can level up skills and refresh the page to see that the actual skill level changes

v1.20 will just be the addition of Chaser skill effects + functionality built to show Lv.2+ data as you level up a skill.

==============================

Testing on mobile devices will happen again sooner or later, but probably after my other projects are done.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 20, 2013 1:35 pm

v1.20

Update
New -> Chaser Skills updated
Fix -> Grammatical fix for Shadow Walker passive skills. Replaced Shadow's Walker with Shadow Walker's
Fix -> Some of Defender's skills were missing closing span tags

I am notorious for missing very mundane details in skill information so there is a chance I may have left something out in Chaser's skill information. However, I am 99.9% confident that I didn't miss anything.

Some of Chaser's skill effects are missing. I either put ???? or N/A by some of them. The skills were translated with the best of my abilities.

=============================

I am not adding Lvl.2+ skill data yet for Chaser because I don't know it. I don't guess at data unless I have at least data for two different levels for "x skill." Therefore, I am done with the simulator for now. Code enhancements will still happen though.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedApr 20, 2013 11:08 pm

v1.21-1.22

Updates
These were updates you shouldn't care about

v1.21
[System] -> Reduced file size in sbcalc.js. Code optimization. No after effects discovered so far

v1.22
System -> Initskill function code optimization

I have yet to discover any issues after the v1.21 update. There was a major change in it and it seems to me that everything is still functional.

I could make a major update in the tooltip file as to writing more efficient code, but I rather not. On the new simulators being built, I'll do such a thing, but this one will only bring headaches.

I also know about some of the Chaser skill typos, but I don't feel like fixing them. Class won't be out here for a good long time anyways.

Moving on to other projects now folks. Simulator was both fun and stressful to work on, but I need to move on to more exciting projects since this one is finished finally. As usual, if you got skill info, either talk to me on my site or post here or skype me. Don't PM me via AG forums though. And once again, I do not play this game anymore so don't expect me to level up all the classes just to find out skill info!

izzulhariz93

Rank 0
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:22 am
punisher dmg for basic skill doesnt increase.. Very Happy

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:56 am
izzulhariz93 wrote:
punisher dmg for basic skill doesnt increase.. Very Happy  

Damage changes based on gear & level. The Skill Simulator is not intended to show damage increases/decreases.

Static upgrades (DoT timers, Buffs, etc) should be accurate, where possible.

atofinado

Rank 0
atofinado
PostedApr 29, 2013 12:15 am

Re: Skill Simulator

v1.22
.Reyva. wrote:
A side project of many projects of mine I'm working on, the Scarlet Blade Skill Simulator. Skill rank 2+ info is still not 100% accurate nor complete. Help fill in the gaps by posting the missing info, contacting me via skype, or PM/Email.

[...]

Bugs
There are none. The simulator was thoroughly tested.

Contact Info
Skype - reyvacom
Email - reyva@reyva.com (Use contact us link on site, reyva@reyva.com is what i call a alt email that i barely look at)

Thats about it folks. Special thanks to Aeriagames for bringing the game over here.  

Now just need to apply the lvl restrictions to the skills so the lvl 25 skill dont unlock on lvl 6.