.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedFeb 28, 2013 9:49 pm
2/28/13
Skill Simulator
+ Addition - Added Whipper, Sentinel, Medic, and Punisher skill trees, code, and information
+ FIx - If the user clicks the reset button without selecting a class, the simulator does not try to load something up.
+ Fix - Left out a ; in the simulator css code
+ Change - Skill Requirements text color changed

*The red text shadow effect was removed on whatever active tab you are on (active, passive) on the free knights style (default template style). However, you would have to clear your browser cache to see the change.

*v1.01 of the simulator was not thoroughly tested. However, I am confident that there are no issues with it.

*I am done with the simulator for now, but I will make improvements for it over time from now until I get the information I need to complete the simulator. One suggested "enhancement" would be skill videos for whatever skill you select. So, you increase a level for "x skill," it will show a video to the right of the simulator.

*I did not add additional tooltips for other elements on the simulator yet. That will be v1.02.
Advertisement

ShallowKite

Rank 0
ShallowKite
PostedFeb 28, 2013 10:36 pm
.Reyva. wrote:
2/28/13
Skill Simulator
+ Addition - Added Whipper, Sentinel, Medic, and Punisher skill trees, code, and information
+ FIx - If the user clicks the reset button without selecting a class, the simulator does not try to load something up.
+ Fix - Left out a ; in the simulator css code
+ Change - Skill Requirements text color changed

*The red text shadow effect was removed on whatever active tab you are on (active, passive) on the free knights style (default template style). However, you would have to clear your browser cache to see the change.

*v1.01 of the simulator was not thoroughly tested. However, I am confident that there are no issues with it.

*I am done with the simulator for now, but I will make improvements for it over time from now until I get the information I need to complete the simulator. One suggested "enhancement" would be skill videos for whatever skill you select. So, you increase a level for "x skill," it will show a video to the right of the simulator.

*I did not add additional tooltips for other elements on the simulator yet. That will be v1.02.  

Woot! Now I can try make a build for the Punisher class

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. <center></center>

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMar 03, 2013 5:01 pm
v1.02
-Ninjaed passive max skill levels. Every class has their max passive skill levels now.

*By Ninja, I mean I did a silent update and I did not notify anyone really but people who look at the site lol. I may do this from time to time just to let you know. You know how game devs are. They aren't going to tell you every single update they made Razz.

*Still being lazy on those tooltips folks. They aren't necessary, but good to have on the things that don't have it.

*No progress has been made on skill points in general. I cannot read Korean and from my searching on the official korean forums, I could not find anything that tells me anything about the skill point distribution system. If the game followed the traditional method of 1 skill point = 1 level, I could add something to the simulator to control the level. The only thing I got was some guy who was Level 39 and had 57 skill points. That doesn't really tell me anything.

*In the future, I'll also have a select list dropdown with build presets. So like builds from the Korean version for example. On the NA version, it would probably the most popular builds selected by the community.

You would obviously also have some information about the build appear to the right of the simulator on whatever build preset and why the person made it that way. I would copy and paste what was said in their post basically.

I typically see simulators with this, but they have no explanation on why the person made this build that way.

My lunch break is over. Back to work.

TheWeaver

Rank 0
TheWeaver
PostedMar 03, 2013 6:57 pm
An invaluable tool and that's to say the very VERY least. Thank you so much.

<center> </center>

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMar 06, 2013 11:31 pm
Np.

I strive to have the simulator match the game so I've been working on a new project. Its called changing the tooltip design to match the in game one.

You can see for yourself by going to the page and selecting whipper and looking at the first skill they have. Now it looks like the ingame tooltip. If it doesn't, just press F5 key and it will (its due to the fact that you've been to the site before and are using old files.

Unfortunately, such a transition will take time. It will probably take me a couple days at most to get all the skills for every class to look like this. This is also because I'm grabbing skill information from closed beta and updating the simulator at the same time.

Once you see all of your selected class's tooltips look like this, they are complete + got the closed beta data. If they look like the old style, that means that skill / class hasn't been updated yet. I guess I can leave a comment on the site when a class has all their skill data + tooltip design updated.

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedMar 07, 2013 1:03 am
Did you get into Early CBT?

If not, then I can provide screenshots of all the skills in the game currently, since they seem different from your simulator.

mikfail

Rank 0
mikfail
PostedMar 07, 2013 11:14 am
Thank you very much! I love using these for games to work out builds!

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMar 09, 2013 2:11 am
Yeah i was in early access alpha and I am in early access CB. I've been working like a madman ever since as far as skill data goes.

v1.03
-------------
*Fix-> Medic - Lazurus Blessing skill requirement is Vital Enchantment Lv.2, not Lv.3
*Fix-> Punisher - Some skill requirement change for a skill. Forget the skill.
*Enhancement-> Whipper - Temporary icons removed and higher quality aka icons I wanted added
*Fix-> Defender - Skill Tree was messed up. If you looked at other skill trees, you'd notice the graphic background was bigger. This was supposed to be the same for Defender except that I omitted that space and found out when I did Shadow Walker that I had to go back and correct it. Old Build URLS wont' work correctly now for those who had Defender builds. No workaround for this.
*Enhancement-> Tooltip design was changed to match ingame tooltip design. By this, we mean how the information is displayed
*Enhancement-> Class Icons have been changed to bigger and better looking icons.
*Enhancement-> Skill tree (active and passive) backgrounds for each class changed
*Fix-> All classes now have correct and up to date skill data. However, there may be lingering typos and missing information, but I'm 99.9% confident that the large majority of skill data is correct.
*System-> Legacy tooltip & CSS code removed

------------------------------------
Press F5 if you don't see the changes mentioned above.

------> I normally do "live updates" on the simulator meaning I make the changes on the live site/simulator page. The pro to this is that you see that I'm working on the simulator. The con is if something goes wrong, the simulator can break. Its typically something I don't do that often. However, I feel simple changes such as updates to skill data doesn't hurt anyone.

--->Future v1.04 release<----
-> Medic, Sentinel, Punisher Icon update (refer to v1.03 changelog with whipper icons)
-> Tooltips added to things that need it
-> Skill data typos and missing info and other issues (if any)

I wanted to push the icon update in v1.03, but since I work 9-10 hr shifts in real life and the fact my schedule sucks for the following week, I have to wait.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMar 09, 2013 11:17 pm
v1.04
*Fix->Medic/Punisher/Sentinel Icons replaced with the ones I wanted
*Enhancement->Passive Icons replaced for all classes

-->Tooltips not needed for other things after all

Future release - v1.05 details
Video section made on the simulator. Functionality for displaying videos will be done
------------------------------------------------
I'm done with the simulator for now. Typos/missing info/etc in skill data will be fixed on my days off (this coming week, its Monday and Wednesday) until there are none and I will probably not make note of the changes until the next version release. However, the information will be changed on the simulator ninja style.

As far as skill videos go, there is no particular order I'm going in, but Whipper would be first since that is the class I usually play.

If you wanna give me skill level 2+ info, then you know how to contact me. If you want to assist me in figuring out the skill points distribution system so people can tell how many skill points you have at "x level," then you know how to contact me.

Whenever this system is figured out, I will probably make it easy for you by not requiring any input from you. Just level up whatever skills you want and it will display the level. That is how I want it.

Any other additional features for the simulator will also be worked on now that all the "ugly" stuff has been taken care of.

*****Just fyi, if you are planning on giving Skill level 2+ info, I will not update the simulator until I have all skill ranks information. So for example, if a skill is 1/10, I will not update the simulator until I have information for each rank of that skill.

*****Whipper skill data will be the most updated thing on the simulator since I am playing one. Medic probably second.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMar 11, 2013 12:18 am
v1.05
*New-> Calculation for Character Level required added
*Fix->Skill tree defaults to having the first 3 skills at level 1 now for every class

--------------

Now when you distribute skill points, the character level required shows up! Too bad its experimental. It is by no means 100% accurate yet, but if you go to Character Level 10, its fine. If you distribute 57 skill points, its fine also (Level 39). With that, you may think, then its 100% accurate isn't it? I would love to say yes, but, I rather have the facts on my side for this as I did the calculation based off "bits of information."

I also forgot that by default, the first 3 skills in a class's skill tree is at 1. So now the simulator recognizes that.

Everything has been made noobproof by the way..........or "errorproof" you could say with what I added.

If you don't see the new feature, just either press F5 for page refresh or empty cache (For people who use google chrome and leave it open 24/7 like i do and doesn't want to download the new files when I press F5 sometimes lol)