ShrimpTeriyaki

Rank 1
ShrimpTeriyaki
PostedFeb 25, 2013 7:10 pm
say its 2500 AP/Month. that's nothing compared to the work and time some GS' put in. i'm not saying all of them but i'm saying some of them, those that actually works and do something. again, that's what? $20 worth a month? lol are you kidding me?

why so serious?
Advertisement

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 25, 2013 7:46 pm
i help 'mentor' the beginners in my guild (lately i've been doing that with all of them with my several chars) and someone once said that i would make a good GS. well, i won't apply for it. do you know some of the questions that people ask me? some are so stupid i just want to bang my head against the wall. and some people just don't understand no matter how well you explain things.

GS probly hear even stranger or more vague questions. they can keep their job and ap.

PS: shrimp, 2.5k is 25$.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 25, 2013 9:44 pm
GSes are compensated depending on how much work they do for the community. Sometimes it's a very small amount, sometimes it's a larger amount.. again it depends on what you do that month and what the GM deems appropriate based on that. As chultz said, GSes are not allowed to say the exact amount.

So no, it's not just "Sign up for GS, get picked, FREE APZ." You actually have to do things for your community and for your team to earn the AP. This has been known for years, mostly by the (now) veteran community.

Angel_santana2

Rank 0
Angel_santana2
PostedFeb 26, 2013 12:57 am
"But people still apply for the GS position for the sake of the recognition above all else. 80% of GS applications are people that want to be tagged for the sake of being able to brag about it, and feel like a special snowflake"

Surely you were in the other 20%. xD

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedFeb 26, 2013 3:52 am
rena_ishtar wrote:

Actually, depending on the method used to buy the ap, you can get a bonus of (if I remember correctly) up to 15%. so 2.5k from $20 is possible.

ShrimpTeriyaki

Rank 1
ShrimpTeriyaki
PostedFeb 26, 2013 4:12 am
rena_ishtar wrote:

it's not $25 btw. just saying.

PS: people apply for the position for their own reasons; whatever it is, one will never know so you can't just judge someone right off the bat.

why so serious?

Samurai882

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Samurai882
PostedFeb 26, 2013 4:42 am
Useless thread is useless.

GSSamurai iSaidNo SIingShot Stamp
Serenade

JornAnderson

Rank 1
JornAnderson
PostedFeb 26, 2013 5:44 am
I'm trying to recall a biblical or maybe not, quote. It pertained to helping those in need. It basically says, when helping the poor, do not make a grand event of it, take them aside and help them. Basically, the current applicants are in it for the Grand Event and not helping people, otherwise, they'd see that there really isn't a need for them to apply at this time.

The recent "Worst kept secret" thing, also attracted a lot of them. I'd say, it's not really to brag so much, but they're just attention deprived(Amazing censorship) and "GS" is a huge magnet as well as a deterrent to negative attention.

P.S. In the case of one applicant, it's just to put on a halo and ease the conscience, but that never really helps, just slows down the descent.

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 26, 2013 7:36 am
being a GS is a responsibility, it is nice to hear they are actually getting payed to do their job, and from the sounds of it, based on their work. not all companies would do that. while the ap thing has attracted many if they aren't good enough for GS or don't do anything they won't be getting anything anyways.

PS: the halo i keep seeing on people are symbols of GS?

PS: i don't count bonus aps in my math. it's 'bonus' aps afterall

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedFeb 26, 2013 8:15 am
rena_ishtar wrote:
PS: the halo i keep seeing on people are symbols of GS?l  

If you mean the Halo in-game, "Angelic Halo" is costume and has nothing to do with any title or responsibility. The GSes have "GS" in front of their name and a GS sign costume they can show off as proof that they're really a part of the GF GS team.