I'm new to Soldier front. I was wondering if you guys have any tips? Like what gun to use, how to play like a pro and stuff like that?
Hi! Welcome to Soldier Front.
If I were you I would start with the M4A1 and the Beretta M92. These two guns are one of the most used guns in Soldier Front.
How to play pro:
1) Use sound. In this game you can hear all kinds of things. The most important sounds are the footsteps, gunshots, explosions and other grenades. With these sounds you can, with practice, locate an enemy soldier and kill him before he has the chance to kill you. Try to walk around in different maps on Soldier Front and find out which area makes what sound, as each different ground texture makes a different footstep sound. Footsteps on metal sound different than on sand for example. Just try walking around through some maps in a training room by yourself, or with a friend so you can explore the map. Using sound works best with a headset. Don't forget, the other players can hear your footsteps and shooting and stuff too! Make sure you, if you want to go into "stealth mode" hold either Shift, to walk slowly upright without noise, or CTRL to crouch just as fast without noise. This way you can surprise attack someone if he hasn't seen or heard you already. Note you cannot hear all the footsteps in the map, you cannot hear someone from your own base who's walking at his base in the map Satellite for example. There is also this technique called K-walking, in which a player walks and taps the CTRL button to crouch a few times per second to sort of cancel out the footstep sound. Do note that this technique isn't flawless and you might "misstep" making sound and others will still hear you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_ZClMAhSU
2) Walk diagonally. Walking straight is for new people, and it is slow. Make sure you walk with W+A or W+D so you can walk faster. Because in this game you sort of add the speed of walking sideways with A/D to the speed you have when walking forward with W. Make sure you walk in such a way that you can still view your surroundings perfectly or you might be walking diagonally looking at a wall and you might not see the person you're running into.
Also, running with a heavy looking gun such as the M4A1 will slow you down. Whip out your pistol, knife or one of your grenades to walk faster as these items are lighter. But don't forget to switch back to your main weapon on time as you don't want to run into an enemy with a pistol out instead of your main weapon. Use sound to know when to switch back to your main weapon.
3) Keep on moving with the M4A1. When in close quarter combat situations you might want to run and jump around the enemy target to make yourself as hard a target as you can for the enemy. Standing still will get you killed fast.
4) When you see a flashbang grenade infront of you, when safe to do so, turn your back to it. When doing this you will not get blinded 100%, only about 50%.
5) Stay behind cover as much as you can. Do not expose too much of your characters body to the enemy soldiers or you will become an easy target. Try leaning for example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY014yXnQII
6) Don't try to immitate other people doing a technique called K-jumping. If you do not know how to do it, you will not be able to do it right. You will end up in jumping around slower than you would be moving when walking and you end up making alot more noise for the enemy soldiers to hear. Watch a tutorial on YouTube when you get into Soldier Front more about K-jumping. Only when you get more experienced!
7) When throwing a grenade, try to add momentum to the throw by adding in your walking speed. Just walk diagonally, jump, aiming up forward in the direction you want the nade to land and throw it.
When shooting long distance with the M4A1 against another sprayer, try leaning from behind cover and shoot in 3 or 4 round bursts as the recoil and inaccuracy of the M4A1 will result in hitting maybe 2 or 3 bullets if you shoot full auto.
9) When shooting long distance with the M4A1 against a sniper, don't! Unless you are experienced with the M4A1 you will not be able to kill the sniper quickly enough and you will be killed first.
10) Try to follow your teammates as teamwork gets the job done. If they are trying to make less noise or no noise at all, follow their example and hold that CTRL or Shift button down like they are, or K-walk by tapping the CTRL key 1 or 2 times a second. You don't want your teammates to die because you made too much noise and the enemy found out where you guys where because of you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_ZClMAhSU
11) Do not spam the radio with the Z/X/C buttons. These radio messages are loud and make it difficult for you and your teammates to hear the enemies footsteps. Only use the right messages for the right moment.
12) This topic on the forum shows you how much EXP you get from certain stuff in the game:
13) Reload on time. Engaging the enemy with a half empty gun is a no no. Make sure you reload on time! Also, when you are reloading and you hear an enemy running towards you and he's too close for comfort, if you still have 15 or more bullets left in your mag and the reloading will take too long for you, switch to your knife and immediately back to your M4A1. This way you will be able to shoot him before he can shoot you while you're still reloading.
14) Don't become frustrated when the game ends and you have a bad score, you are new to this game and it will take time to get better at it. Practice makes perfect! Keep on playing and soon you will be better and those scores will be as you want them to be.
15) Don't hack. Hacking will get your accounts and IP address banned from AeriaGames' services. And it's pretty lame to hack. When you see a hacker, report him by pressing ESC, then F12 and then select the person you want reported. If the hacker is hacking too much, just leave the room and look for another room. And when you leave a room too many times, you will see bullet holes in your rank but those will go away when you play more games without leaving the room. These bullet holes will also appear when you teamkill alot.
16) When you're in a tight situation and you see a way out, run for your life! Run to a location where you think you can "hold the fort" and regather yourself. Reload if possible, and wait untill the enemy runs to you, it will be your game instead
17) Most of all, have fun.
Welcome to Soldier Front.
Also: You can talk in different channels in-game by pressing F3, F4, F5 or F6, and then enter to type your message and enter to send it to that channel.
F3 is for public chat, your team and the enemy team can see it or in singleplayer everyone can see it. F4 is for teamchat, only your team can read what you typed. F5 is for clan chat, which is not possible yet as Aeria still has to add the clan system to Soldier Front. F6 is the friendchat channel in which you can chat with a friend whom you have added to your Soldier Front friendlist in the lobby or waiting room. You can then scroll between your friends with page up or page down for F6.
Make sure you stop any download/upload that is slowing down your internet connection before playing Soldier Front because the lower your ping, the less anoying you might be for other players. A ping between 2-50 is good, 50-130 is okay, 130-250 starting to lag now mate, 250-500 ok dude the world has moved on from dial-up. You can see your ping and the ping of other players by holding the tab button. By holding the tab button you can also see your kills and deaths and those from the other players. When your ping is like.. 500, all the data will be sent and recieved from and to you with like a 3 second delay. So on your screen you rush to the enemy and kill that person and moved on already, but on that other players screen he just suddenly died and within 3 seconds he sees you running towards him shooting at him. This is very annoying ofcourse, but you can outplay this lag from another person. If you have low ping, and the enemy a high ping, you can "outping" him or her by.. for example when you're playing in a close quarter combat part of the map like the appartments in the map Missile, you can outping the enemy by rushing around the corners because on their screen they get the game data with a few seconds delay.