Devilot

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Devilot
PostedFeb 25, 2013 1:12 am   Last edited by Devilot on Feb 25, 2013 1:17 am. Edited 1 time in total

Policy on Censor Mods?

I'm a little curious. TERA has issues with censorship, and people dissatisfied with it and seeking decensor mods, and En Masse eventually basically said, "Okay, it's technically against the ToS, but as long as you aren't shouting it from the rooftops or anything, we're not going to care, so just go ahead." I'm curious if Aeria will be taking a similar stance, or... not.

I suppose it's not really that important either way. I'm not a huge fan of censorship, but the apparent latest designs for Western Sentinel actually look fairly decent, unlike the incredibly hideous and half-assed job of censoring the Elin we had for TERA.
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedFeb 25, 2013 1:17 am
It is against Aeria's ToS. I don't think anymore or any less will get said on the matter.

arthasbg

Rank 0
arthasbg
PostedFeb 25, 2013 5:19 am

Re: Policy on Decensor Mods?

Devilot wrote:
I'm a little curious. TERA has issues with censorship, and people dissatisfied with it and seeking decensor mods, and En Masse eventually basically said, "Okay, it's technically against the ToS, but as long as you aren't shouting it from the rooftops or anything, we're not going to care, so just go ahead." I'm curious if Aeria will be taking a similar stance, or... not.

I suppose it's not really that important either way. I'm not a huge fan of censorship, but the apparent latest designs for Western Sentinel actually look fairly decent, unlike the incredibly hideous and half-assed job of censoring the Elin we had for TERA.  

Same is about Gameforge's version of Tera. They stated they wont do witch hunting who is doing it or who is not. As long as they do not do something for hacking. Also doing this for SB is going to be harder because files are packed not like TERA.

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 25, 2013 7:12 am
If you want to play the Sentinel class but don't want to put up with that out-of-place censorship, this is about the only choice you'll have thanks to the game developers and their really strange decision (censoring a fictional character that they themselves make a note to say is not under the age of eighteen).

I imagine most people would rather have the game as it's supposed to be rather than resorting to player-side mods but Liveplex aren't giving those people much of a choice in the matter.

If I knew that Liveplex would listen, or that any of them reliably spoke/read English; I would petition them in a heartbeat if I knew where to go to do it and thought for a second they would listen.

I think the Sentinel's interesting and fun to play, but come live release I'll be playing any character class but the Sentinel due to Liveplex making our grown up decisions for us and due to the fact that I refuse to openly support artistic censorship (I'll leave that to the book burners). Even if things were different (say the Punisher class was getting the censorship hammer instead of the Sentinel) my stance wouldn't change. For most of us this isn't about how young the Sentinel looks or closet pedophiles getting what they want; it's about the simple fact that censorship is nothing but a tool to make insecure people feel better about themselves when something makes them uncomfortable. If I see something on TV I don't like I don't blow up the TV station...I just turn the channel.

Sadly, there are times when our decisions are made based off the decisions of others, be it good or bad.

PoArVl

Rank 0
PoArVl
PostedFeb 25, 2013 8:58 am
Grimstrike wrote:
If you want to play the Sentinel class but don't want to put up with that out-of-place censorship, this is about the only choice you'll have thanks to the game developers and their really strange decision (censoring a fictional character that they themselves make a note to say is not under the age of eighteen).

I imagine most people would rather have the game as it's supposed to be rather than resorting to player-side mods but Liveplex aren't giving those people much of a choice in the matter.

If I knew that Liveplex would listen, or that any of them reliably spoke/read English; I would petition them in a heartbeat if I knew where to go to do it and thought for a second they would listen.

I think the Sentinel's interesting and fun to play, but come live release I'll be playing any character class but the Sentinel due to Liveplex making our grown up decisions for us and due to the fact that I refuse to openly support artistic censorship (I'll leave that to the book burners). Even if things were different (say the Punisher class was getting the censorship hammer instead of the Sentinel) my stance wouldn't change. For most of us this isn't about how young the Sentinel looks or closet pedophiles getting what they want; it's about the simple fact that censorship is nothing but a tool to make insecure people feel better about themselves when something makes them uncomfortable. If I see something on TV I don't like I don't blow up the TV station...I just turn the channel.

Sadly, there are times when our decisions are made based off the decisions of others, be it good or bad.  

I couldn't have spoken better! T^T
You have my support. -thumb up-

"I will deliver you bad luck"

cuziecombi1

Rank 0
PostedFeb 25, 2013 9:02 am
the official stance will be that it is a bannable offense because it involves modifying the client. Even if they will turn a blind eye to it, they will need to publicly enforce it. It is a risk to your account to use such mods, but, the devs have said they won't go back on the censoring, so the option boils down to wether or not you are willing to bet your account that AG isn't going to go on a witch hunt.

Dracojc

Rank 0
Dracojc
PostedFeb 25, 2013 9:02 am
Grimstrike wrote:

That is the sad unfortunate state of our society. The many suffer for the few. But we live by majority rule. You figure it out .......

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedFeb 25, 2013 9:22 am
It works like this.

Modifying the client is against our rules. If you do it, promote it, or even publicly speak of it... we are likely to ban you. You are free to do what you want... but if it violates our rules, and we find out about it.... you are going to lose your account. This is pretty clear.. and should be easy to follow.

P.S. The game we publish is how it is provided by LivePlex. Any attempt to censor their game, or modify their art will result in loss of service. Just because you don't like an artists work, doesn't give you the right to change it.