Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedFeb 24, 2013 11:08 am

Hello & help me!

Hello, i started this game 10 days ago and like any other noob i have a couple of doubs. I'm mage class used to play every game mode (but battleground that starts at 6:00am here ¬_¬).
Well gonna shot my doubs.
I heard people use two equipment sets, one for Arena and other for the rest, checking high level players info i assume they use the one with +30 initial rage for arena and legend equipment for the rest of the game, i'm right? is there any worse with use the Arena set for the whole game? i really could enjoy those +30 rage at start.
I'm also confused with the astrals, some mages uses Will Destroyer and others Determination and Sniper's Edge, is there any big diference or just a matter of tastes? I rather use Will Destroyer to improve my damage and save one spot for other defensive Astral.
Last doub is with the skills, i'm not sure if the skills with the S on it worth to be purchased, they take too much rage, 80 and 100, and even if they look cool and do some good damage you will be dry of rage on next turn, if you are in a MP dungeon maybe you need to heal someone and in the Arena, well i doub you can reach 100 rage in Arena fight, any advices of wich ones worth to purchase will be appreciate.

And to finish, i notice in the Arena 1 vs 1 that Warriors and Archers are able to use two skills in the time i use one, sometimes even the icon with the skill that appears over your head show up first on me. I mean, we both chose a skill, he moves first, he selec a new one, he use it, i'm still waiting for my skill to succes. Kinda unfair if you ask me.
Advertisement

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 24, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Hello & help me!

Cacuga wrote:
Hello, i started this game 10 days ago and like any other noob i have a couple of doubs. I'm mage class used to play every game mode (but battleground that starts at 6:00am here ¬_¬).  

Battleground times will be changing as of 27th, please check the forums for full details of the updates coming to the game.

Well gonna shot my doubs.
I heard people use two equipment sets, one for Arena and other for the rest, checking high level players info i assume they use the one with +30 initial rage for arena and legend equipment for the rest of the game, i'm right? is there any worse with use the Arena set for the whole game? i really could enjoy those +30 rage at start.  

There are two types of sets the pve set which at level 40 plus can be made legendary and the pvp set which starts with 30 rage. Most people use EITHER/OR but not both. It is fine to use the pvp set on dunegons, catacomb etc but at level 65+ you may find that the rage build mechanism in the pve set is more advantageuos for those features.

I'm also confused with the astrals, some mages uses Will Destroyer and others Determination and Sniper's Edge, is there any big diference or just a matter of tastes? I rather use Will Destroyer to improve my damage and save one spot for other defensive Astral.  

Low level mages tend to go for Will Destroyer because as you said it saves an astral spot and gem slot in gear and gives a permanent boost to damage. Healer mages might prefer to use crit since heals will have a chance at crit healing too, note that Will Destroyer does not affect healing ability.
Higher level mages with legend gear sometimes swap back to crit build. Legend gear has an extra gem slot that can be used for crit gems.

Last doub is with the skills, i'm not sure if the skills with the S on it worth to be purchased, they take too much rage, 80 and 100, and even if they look cool and do some good damage you will be dry of rage on next turn, if you are in a MP dungeon maybe you need to heal someone and in the Arena, well i doub you can reach 100 rage in Arena fight, any advices of wich ones worth to purchase will be appreciate.  

The skills you use depend on your character build and playing style. High rage skills tend to have high damage attached to them which is good in WB, and also in situations where rage is preserved. This is something you might want to try out and decide on.

And to finish, i notice in the Arena 1 vs 1 that Warriors and Archers are able to use two skills in the time i use one, sometimes even the icon with the skill that appears over your head show up first on me. I mean, we both chose a skill, he moves first, he selec a new one, he use it, i'm still waiting for my skill to succes. Kinda unfair if you ask me.  

Not really, yes the mage's casting time is the longest out of all the classes but the mages have the ability to repeatedly attack multiple targets and heal in a predictable way.

Each class has it's advantages and disadvantages, you need to get to know these to know how to play for your strengths.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:20 pm
Thanks for your help, now i have more or less an idea about how i want to make my character. I only want to ask you one more thing and it's about gems, they are not so common at least at my level and don't want to waste them doing the wrong setups. Most people i see with high level uses MATK, PDEF, but in the remaining slots some people use MDEF and others HP, if we agree the 4th slot is for CRIT when you ger legend armor, is a good idea stack MDEF when it's one of mage stronger points? do we really need this extra MDEF?

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:36 pm
Cacuga wrote:
Thanks for your help, now i have more or less an idea about how i want to make my character. I only want to ask you one more thing and it's about gems, they are not so common at least at my level and don't want to waste them doing the wrong setups. Most people i see with high level uses MATK, PDEF, but in the remaining slots some people use MDEF and others HP, if we agree the 4th slot is for CRIT when you ger legend armor, is a good idea stack MDEF when it's one of mage stronger points? do we really need this extra MDEF?  

It's all about the direction you want to go with. Most people choose to stack def of both types because it seems to be much more effective to maximize your def stats than to just build up a massive amount of HP.. if you have no def, that HP still goes very quickly. That said, there are situations in this game that bypass def and HP is the only thing to rely on at that point. The nice thing about this game is that, for some gold, you can adjust that at any time. I would recommend playing around with setups and find which suits you the best. If you're big into PVP, then def is very important. Certain dungeons on the PVE side require lots of HP. Play around with it, find out what direction suits your playing style, and go with it Smile

You've made me VERY angry..

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Hello & help me!

Cacuga wrote:

And the advantage you'll have as a mage, and you'll see it develop as you go along, is that you can use multiple AOEs (skills that hit multiple times/enemies) where archers and warriors are very much limited in that respect. It evens itself out. By no means is the mage class underpowered, you'll find that out Smile If not for that, I think mages would have way too much of an advantage later on in the game.

Last thing I would tell you is that you say "Assume the 4th is for crit".. don't assume that. As a mage you have a choice of directions. Will Destroyer disables crit but increases regular attack a bunch. I see many mages go in that direction and free up that socket which would otherwise take up another gem, not to mention freeing up some room in their astral setup. (nvm I now see you mentioned that in your first post.. the point is that there are many directions you can go and you can change on the fly, so keep that in mind Smile )

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedFeb 24, 2013 3:34 pm
Thanks for reply. At the moment i gonna discard the crit options, i will try to get Will Destroyers and stack all MATK, PDEF, MDEF and HP i can on gems (in this order or priority), after cheking a lot of players almost everyone use -crit dmg/rate astrals that will nerf my own astrals so i'll rather a solid +% damage boost on each attack for PvP, and in the PvE side after play it a while i notice how mages become more healer than dps, of course crit affect the heal amount but only 2 skills if i'm right cuz i doub santoria and purification get affected. At least for now, let's see later when i reach higher levels.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedFeb 24, 2013 4:25 pm
Cacuga wrote:
Thanks for reply. At the moment i gonna discard the crit options, i will try to get Will Destroyers and stack all MATK, PDEF, MDEF and HP i can on gems (in this order or priority), after cheking a lot of players almost everyone use -crit dmg/rate astrals that will nerf my own astrals so i'll rather a solid +% damage boost on each attack for PvP, and in the PvE side after play it a while i notice how mages become more healer than dps, of course crit affect the heal amount but only 2 skills if i'm right cuz i doub santoria and purification get affected. At least for now, let's see later when i reach higher levels.  

Suntoria is % based, so no it cannot be modified by things like crit. Purification doesn't heal.