demydoodle

Rank 0
demydoodle
PostedFeb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Game Data Failed To Load

Fix for Windows 7?
Hey guys, recently downloaded DK Online and I have looked through a few of the guides for fixes but can't seem to find a fix for this problem. There is a fix for the Windows XP version but I can't find the "Supplemental Languages" area or anything that would work for it. Have tried to find a fix for this for a few hours now and still no success. Anyone else have/had this problem and have a fix for it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Demy
Advertisement

demydoodle

Rank 0
demydoodle
PostedFeb 23, 2013 4:33 pm

More information
Also to add on more information about the problem - Aeria Ignite loads up fine, I click on DK Online and the Launcher loads up fine. It's when the game tries to start/load it will appear with a black screen and the mouse but nothing else, I can move the mouse around. When I minimise the game and try to load it back up that is when the error appears saying "Game data failed to load".

Batgang13

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 4:59 pm
yeah i have the same problem. shame really i spent a lot of time downloading it to play with 3 other friends but it seems its not meant to be. I'm quite upset that there's no fix for it but oh well..

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedFeb 26, 2013 5:37 pm
Are your graphic cards up to date? Try updating them...

demydoodle

Rank 0
demydoodle
PostedFeb 26, 2013 5:50 pm
Yeah all my graphics software was up-to-date, checked windows for automatic updates then checked nVidia website to check, no current updates. Could it possibly have anything to do with the language packs not being installed? Pretty sure there is a file that's in Korean that needs to be read and if it can't be read it won't load? - Rough guess

Batgang13

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 6:05 pm
Clearly it has nothing to do with our graphic card. I have tried so many things and I still get the same error. Im done pz.

Sangvin

Rank 0
Sangvin
PostedFeb 27, 2013 5:58 am
Umm not sure if this will help but i also got this problem when trying to run the game in Linux (see my guide HERE). I solved it by installing Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) from microsoft site but as far as i'm aware Windows7 already has this installed by default.

The games is using ODBC to connect to a resource file that is just a jet (.mdb) database. Try installing Microsoft Access maybe it will help since it also uses ODBC and comes with all the drivers.

demydoodle

Rank 0
demydoodle
PostedFeb 27, 2013 9:26 pm
Thanks for the link/tip Sangvin but I didn't have to do anything this time for some reason. I reinstalled windows due to .network frame being corrupt and not downloading updates when they were needed. After the reinstall of windows everything seems to be fine, installed East Asian language packs just in case as well. Everything works fine now but, I can't even say what the fix is, could be a probem with .network frame or could be language packs, it's possible but hopefully people take notice of this post and try either Sangvins fix(s) or my own.

Thanks for trying Phoenix, much appreciated.