skyzback

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Animation cancel has nothing to do with attack speed.

Animation cancel has nothing to do with attack speed.

If you auto attack constantly you can't animation cancel an auto attack. Only skills.

Animation canceling can easily be learned, and its obvious you can't do it.

Animation canceling and slide casting won't be fixed, and it isn't bannable since every pro player AC.
Advertisement

beezubeezu

Rank 0
beezubeezu
PostedFeb 23, 2013 2:46 pm
For everyone's amusement:
http://memegenerator.net/instance/35291396
When you rely on something that's a bug for your "skill", are you just a one-trick pony?

There are other things that are a more integral part of the game's mechanics (partying and so on) that should be more important when considering changing something in the game. If this is a bug, then they should fix it. Tough luck for the "pro" players. I can deal with this being in the game, but I'd prefer it not to be now that I'm more aware of it.

There's so much chest-thumping in this thread that we could make an entire drum orchestra! Please continue thinking that you're the best player ever. You can do that without trying to push the OP into the dirt.

The OP does not have some sense of moral superiority, contrary to what others think. They felt something was wrong and wanted to talk about it. It's not anything personal between them and the mage they mention (or anyone else here for that matter).
Yeah, everyone who does not AC is a n00b. It's not like we can consider the mechanics already built into the game, party strategies, and character builds as a way to improve performance in game. Nope. Definitely not an answer. Everyone should AC. It's the only option. (sarcasm)

I'm not someone who plays looking for trouble. From the posts in this thread, I've learned that doing this isn't recommended. Besides, I will survive without it, so I'm not going to do it.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedFeb 23, 2013 3:16 pm
rinsha wrote:
If this isn't bannable or gamebreaking where can I get a guide on animation cancelling?  

There are videos on youtube about it if you search.

lordpatty

Rank 1
PostedFeb 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedFeb 23, 2013 6:42 pm
Whatever we do, these kind of rant threads will never seem to disappear EVER.

magnusbear

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 9:07 pm
Umm...AC is game breaking in a way.

Before anyone flames about this it is analogous to tax evasion. If someone decides to do this should we all? Ok go for it, just don't cry when you have no education, police, health or emergency services.

How does it break the game? It allows players to farm more gold than intended. This drives up prices and eventually increases the fiscal advantage of players who can devote many hours to gameplay dailly.

It also gives an advantage in PvP , for some classes more than others. Some classes such as warrior have short animations, while others such as samurai have longer anis. This helps create a class imbalance.

I guess there will be replie about playing classes that benefit from AC or slidecasting, or about using AC to farm. Many ppl have flamed about this before, but in reply, why is it right that everyone exploits? And before moaning that a poster cant AC(even if they can) why not learn to play without AC. One viewpoint is as valid as the other.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 23, 2013 9:12 pm
So, animation canceling is useful to those with good attack speed, right? I mean, you anim cancel your Ambush or Swift Attack as Thief or Supress as MA so your autoattacks continue unimpeded. That's probably what the person in the OP was referring to, not canceling the animations of the regular attacks.

merquisa

Rank 0
merquisa
PostedFeb 24, 2013 8:30 am
Unfortunately this will never be bug fix, and players who abuse it will never be banned or reported.

The players are abusing it in TW and GW, but nothing is done, something must be done!

People who say that this is not bug and exploit is not because they use! They use them to be better than others, This is Ridiculous.

If u need more dps, plis upgrade your gear, not abuse bug -.-

They can talk about whatever, I play without it!

Abusing bugs is ridiculous!

Ethismos

Rank 0
PostedFeb 24, 2013 9:14 am
Funny how people just ignore the ENGINEER EXPLOIT and go just for animation cancelling. Animation cancelling is debatable, it may be a bug, it may be an exploit, it may be skill.

Engineer exploit that 95% of high level people use (the other 5% have evasion cap and just farm with any class), GS's included, is considered an EXPLOIT for the last YEAR and a reason for ban. People just ignore me every time i say it and threads get locked, people use it and sell runs using it, economy gets ruined by it for new people, the exp needed to level is so high because the company actually assumes you will use cheat or buy runs from people that cheat to level... but after these discussions i guess this community actually likes it so... hf with it.

I guess its not just moba's community that went downhill, i had a hope, now its gone.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedFeb 24, 2013 10:13 am
Ethismos wrote:
Funny how people just ignore the ENGINEER EXPLOIT and go just for animation cancelling. Animation cancelling is debatable, it may be a bug, it may be an exploit, it may be skill.

Engineer exploit that 95% of high level people use (the other 5% have evasion cap and just farm with any class), GS's included, is considered an EXPLOIT for the last YEAR and a reason for ban. People just ignore me every time i say it and threads get locked, people use it and sell runs using it, economy gets ruined by it for new people, the exp needed to level is so high because the company actually assumes you will use cheat or buy runs from people that cheat to level... but after these discussions i guess this community actually likes it so... hf with it.

I guess its not just moba's community that went downhill, i had a hope, now its gone.  

I farmed and did engineer runs before this glitch came in and i dont need the glitch to farm (most of the people dont) it just makes it a tiny bit more easy nothing else.
Oh and small update: only a small group at high lvl does engi runs nowdays, lots of people went to mage/cleric/bd/knight runs. Heck can even still do bard runs, its just slower.