raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedFeb 23, 2013 4:20 am

Re: Animation cancelling.

inb4 flame war and butthurt.
sweetxdevil357 wrote:

I know people are going to say removing slidecasting/AC is going to "kill the game" but this is not how the game was supposed to be played. This is the most game-breaking bug/glitch I have ever seen in any game.  

Yet another post about ani cancelling.. ._.

I fail to see how this is so game breaking, honestly. Call it a bug, exploit, unintended mechanic, strategy, whatever, its just another way to increase dps. Animation cancelling is not the same thing as slidecasting, which can cause melee attacks to be unable to hit a slidecasting target, or the engi glitch that removes all animations for mechas.

Ani cancelling still plays the casting animation of the skill if it has a cast time, and just causes instant cast skills to play a little differently to the naked eye. If the player was just ani cancelling a target, then all he/she had to do was stand still and spam skills while cancelling the animation to allow her to attack more within the same amount of time.

Which brings me back to my original point: Ani cancelling is just another way to increase dps. By your logic (that it's game breaking b/c of this), then the ability to +10 weapons or stack high amounts of crit/mcrit rate is also game breaking, b/c they would allow a player with those stats to do more dps than a player without them.

As far as I see it, ani cancelling on its own does little to harm the game. Even if it was unintended, it gives players who use it a skill-based advantage. In pve, it causes mobs to die faster. In pvp, it causes players to die faster. It doesn't cause players to be unable to hit a target or increase your direct damage by 500% or anything silly like that.

It's been stated by the GMs that it is not bannable. So if you have moral issues with cancelling, you don't have to; it's your decision. But calling such a thing game-breaking, when literally every class and almost every skill can be applied to it, seems silly to me. In my opinion, ani cancelling is a very smart and useful way to increase dps or help support, especially if you lack in attack or cast speed. And it's not like it comes without a price: players who ani cancel DO have to work for it (tapping esc after every skill you want to cancel). It's not something you learn overnight and it takes practice to master. The reward for the extra effort is increased efficiency.
Advertisement

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedFeb 23, 2013 5:09 am
Ethismos wrote:
My Tickets
#7700939: [Eden Eternal in English] Regarding engineer animation casting exploits.
2012-05-09 14:19:12 Ticket created

Ethismos (4893363) sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support.

Subcategory: Other

Game: Eden Eternal in English

Server: Garnet

Character Name: Ethismos

Date and time of occurrence: 2012-05-09 10:17 GMT+2

I would like to report the following:

There is a bug with the engineer class that can be reproduced if you do the
following EXACTLY as said. Be in normal form -> Change to mecha state ->
get on mount -> Change to mecha state -> Get in an instance. With this
chain of actions you no longer have casting animations in the instance,
meaning you can pretty much farm anything much easier than any other class.
Is this bannable? It is not slidecasting or animation cancelling imo, but
pretty much exploit.
I was taught by a big guild member and i HAVE seen GSes do that to farm,
and after that i have used it and seen many others use it, so i wonder if
it is right as to me it seems an exploit but everybody does it so i guess
the company knows. I wouldnt like to report it in forums for personal
reasons.

Any info about if its an exploit or not and if i am allowed to use it would
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ethismos.
2012-05-09 17:09:55 Status changed from 'new' to 'open'
2012-05-09 18:32:26 Response from Team Aeria

Hello Ethismos,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to give
us this report.

We greatly appreciate the information in regards to the Engineer Class
and the cancellation of the casting animations for the skills and
abilities.

As this is currently a bug, we will be reporting this to our developers
for corrections. Please understand that this is also considered an
exploit, as it does work around the normal game mechanics. Please
refrain from performing these actions in game

Again, we thank you for the support and wish you a great experience in
game.

Thank you,

Team Eden Eternal
2012-05-09 18:32:43 Status changed from 'open' to 'stalled'
2012-05-09 19:53:39 Status changed from 'stalled' to 'resolved'  

You dont need that bug to farm at all, just run around and use oil bomb is enough, this is kiting. The game engine cant keep up with the walking and casting skills at the same time (even if skills are instant) and thus slidecasting appears.
This is also the main reason why it inst a bug that is fixed already probably.

As for your want of a fix of the exp curve, it really isnt needed. the road to cap is more important in this game then being at the cap. if it was even easier to reach cap no one would be playing anymore cause its pretty boring at the cap.

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedFeb 23, 2013 6:27 am
If this isn't bannable or gamebreaking where can I get a guide on animation cancelling?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

DeathxZerk

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 7:22 am
First of all. Animation cancelling has NOTHING to do with attack speed.

For those who don't know, animation cancelling is when you use a skill, and before the animation goes up, you cancel it by clicking esc. The Damage of the skill goes up but while it would cast the animation, it uses a normal attack instead, which stacks with the skill damage.

And even if Aeria wanted to take Animation Cancelling out of the game, they can't. X-Legends is the developer and if they ever do take out Animation Cancelling of the game we would be knowing 3 months before it happens in NA version.

Why do people think threads are gonna solve anything...

And yes, it is a part of pro/high-end game to maximize dps output/healing times. It requires skill and time to master; and I'm pretty sure it's the hardest thing to learn in the game so far. (Not that the game has many hard things to learn anyways).

I just would like to point out that people who QQ about animation cancelling clearly don't know how to do it, because obviously, once you master it, you're gonna do it even for buffing yourself. Lol.

That's my point of view...

derakidol

Rank 0
derakidol
PostedFeb 23, 2013 8:07 am

Re: Animation cancelling.

inb4 flame war and butthurt.
sweetxdevil357 wrote:
Anyway, her stats were average really except for her above-average crit dmg and crit rate (she was doing 6-7k crits, pretty neat) but thanks to AC, her atk spd was way more than it was supposed to be and well, she did an average of 13k/second by auto-attacking thanks to her constant crits and AC.

That was her being a melee/ranged DPS. When she was a mage, her DPS was so ridiculous that she could out-DPS a high-level and above average mage who wasn't ACing thanks to her AC.

So basically you are bashing a player stats and hate her and AC because she is dps-ing high in your party. Why?

There's a line between Geared Players and Good Players. AC is obviously a must to be a good player. Would you rather have a game where you can judge everyone by their "stats" which are basically just numbers?

sweetxdevil357 wrote:

but this is not how the game was supposed to be played.  

Ok Mr. Developer

sweetxdevil357 wrote:

This is the most game-breaking bug/glitch I have ever seen in any game.
And yes I know, it's been around since game release.  

Yea I think so too, pressing something built in-game to have higher dps/hps is so game breaking you know. It is so game breaking compared small bug/glitch like shutting down a channel by using a zumi item or botting. Or compared to other games' bugs/glitch like being able to duplicate gold/items, buy something from npc and resell it to npc for a higher price, or going perma-invisible on shooting games. Yeah animation cancelling beats them all because it can be done by every player, no item/ap/gold needed to do it, no other programs to use it AND makes players who CAN'T do it QQ. Bad glitch really.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 23, 2013 8:24 am
Okay, so according to the posters here, exploiting bugs is considered a "technique" and "just another way" to increase DPS.

Move on.

LawlAmgad

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 8:59 am
Considering the following, AC essentially takes away the animation from your attack. Now in other games you cast a spell, it finishes, you immediately cast the next one provided your global cooldown is finished.

In EE, you cast a spell, global cooldown is finished, oh look your character is still standing there throwing a fireball at the enemy, despite the cast bar has finished and you have a nice delay before you can do anything. Slidecasting is the same, it lets you move whilst doing instant casts. Other games work just like slidecasting and ACing.

It's only broken because the developers thought it would be fun to screw over everyone with these delays. But when someone plays the game like any other MMORPG but simply pressing a button or moving at the right time, it's considered an exploit?

Personally, I would love to see the reaction of all the top guilds if ACing and slidecasting is banned. I wonder how much damage it would cause to them and arenas. Honestly, I've seen very few people who know how to do ACing and complain it's game breaking. The people complaining are the ones who can't do it or have some sort of moral code when it comes to games. You can keep your moral code all you want, but some of us are min/maxers and if "exploiting" a bug by getting rid of this ridiculous animation increases my DPS, malice as a tank and heals and essentially makes my trials much smoother and faster, then so be it, I'm a dirty rotten exploiter.

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedFeb 23, 2013 10:11 am
I would like to have my say in this.

Animation cancelling is used by the mass majority of the game, so it isn't as if those people have some unfair advantage over you, because it's so easy to do. Like others have said, ani cancelling maxes your dps tenfold, and your heals.

I have actually tested healing with and without animation cancelling, in the space of 5 second, I heal around 40k more whilst ani cancelling, over leaving the animation continue.

Now, I'm not condoning ani cancelling, but it makes trials/TW/GvG much easier when you're able to heal more, and maximize your dps.

If this flame war continues, I will request for this post to be locked, so keep it civil.

derakidol

Rank 0
derakidol
PostedFeb 23, 2013 11:35 am
sweetxdevil357 wrote:
Okay, so according to the posters here, exploiting bugs is considered a "technique" and "just another way" to increase DPS.

Move on.  

Yea there's no helping this OP, he probably tried and still couldn't do it.

It is not even a bug. FNO has been up for 2 years or more now and its pretty popular, AC has been around since the game started, I am pretty sure there is no developer that wouldn't fix a so-called game-break-omg-too-OP-remove-it-please 'glitch' if it has been around for that long.

If it is really a ban-able bug exploit then most top tier players would get banned and good luck with that. Have fun reporting ani-canceling people, oh and if they ask for an evidence since you can't really see if someone is ani-cancelling you can check my vids, I AC 24/7 there.

LawlAmgad wrote:
The people complaining are the ones who can't do it or have some sort of moral code when it comes to games. You can keep your moral code all you want, but some of us are min/maxers and if "exploiting" a bug by getting rid of this ridiculous animation increases my DPS, malice as a tank and heals and essentially makes my trials much smoother and faster, then so be it, I'm a dirty rotten exploiter.  

many times this.

ChibiChen3

Rank 3
ChibiChen3
PostedFeb 23, 2013 11:45 am
LawlAmgad wrote:
The people complaining are the ones who can't do it or have some sort of moral code when it comes to games. You can keep your moral code all you want, but some of us are min/maxers and if "exploiting" a bug by getting rid of this ridiculous animation increases my DPS, malice as a tank and heals and essentially makes my trials much smoother and faster, then so be it, I'm a dirty rotten exploiter.  

Exploiters unite!

Zelery, the non-edible Warbow, Zennette, the ninja school Bard and Zerena the Magical Magic Girl. That's alot of z's, I must be infected with the Z-Virus.