sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Animation cancelling.

inb4 flame war and butthurt.
Just one question: How is this NOT acknowledged by X-Legend yet ?! This is so very extremely game-breaking it's RIDICULOUS. I partied with someone who admitted they AC (going to refer to animation cancelling as AC from now on) and she had about 1000 atk spd or so, don't really remember. Anyway, her stats were average really except for her above-average crit dmg and crit rate (she was doing 6-7k crits, pretty neat) but thanks to AC, her atk spd was way more than it was supposed to be and well, she did an average of 13k/second by auto-attacking thanks to her constant crits and AC.

That was her being a melee/ranged DPS. When she was a mage, her DPS was so ridiculous that she could out-DPS a high-level and above average mage who wasn't ACing thanks to her AC.

I know people are going to say removing slidecasting/AC is going to "kill the game" but this is not how the game was supposed to be played. This is the most game-breaking bug/glitch I have ever seen in any game. And I know eventually, if not instantly, this thread will be locked/deleted and GSes will tell me to report it through a ticket.

And yes I know, it's been around since game release.
Advertisement

Gawdlyy

Rank 0
PostedFeb 22, 2013 10:18 pm
how about

no

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Gawdlyy wrote:
how about

no  

I didn't propose they do anything so that you can object with no. Wink

Nice try, but how about

no.

Gawdlyy

Rank 0
PostedFeb 22, 2013 10:42 pm
howwwwwwwwwwwww

about

no

Meiji_

Rank 0
Meiji_
PostedFeb 22, 2013 10:58 pm
There's this one game that I like to play sometimes, it's called Super Street Figher IV: Arcade Edition*. I also like to watch some of the tournaments featuring the best players around the world playing that game.

Why am I telling you that? Because there's this little thing called Option Select that basically lets you input a whole array of commands and gives the game engine power to decide the best course of action for you (You have google for a full explanation on that). Was that designed to work that way? No, it was simply designed to give more lenient input commands, but experienced players started to exploit the engine and made that a basic part of high-level gameplay. As of now every single top player of the game exploits that mechanic to improve their gameplay.

Basically, what I'm telling you is that sometimes things don't go as planned and bugs/exploits happen. Some are fixed and some are not due to various reasons, you simply have to get used to those that are not fixed and therefore become an integral part of gameplay.

*I'm just using this game for one specific example, but similar features/exploits happen in a lot of games.

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedFeb 23, 2013 1:41 am   Last edited by AriaSaitcho on Feb 23, 2013 1:58 am. Edited 1 time in total
Meiji_ wrote:
There's this one game that I like to play sometimes, it's called Super Street Figher IV: Arcade Edition*. I also like to watch some of the tournaments featuring the best players around the world playing that game.

Why am I telling you that? Because there's this little thing called Option Select that basically lets you input a whole array of commands and gives the game engine power to decide the best course of action for you (You have google for a full explanation on that). Was that designed to work that way? No, it was simply designed to give more lenient input commands, but experienced players started to exploit the engine and made that a basic part of high-level gameplay. As of now every single top player of the game exploits that mechanic to improve their gameplay.

this is like saying I'm a world class chess champion because I let the computer decide my next best move. also some things even top players won't do, like god mode in tournaments.

Basically, what I'm telling you is that sometimes things don't go as planned and bugs/exploits happen. Some are fixed and some are not due to various reasons, you simply have to get used to those that are not fixed and therefore become an integral part of gameplay.

*I'm just using this game for one specific example, but similar features/exploits happen in a lot of games.  

from thiswe find this:

15. You will not exploit any bug in the Game and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug or "hack"(bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or indirectly, to any other Game player. You will promptly report any such bug via official and prescribed channels to Aeria Games & Entertainment.

additionally if you scroll down to the bottom you'll find that violating rule this may result in a week or permanent ban.

yes, pro/champion gamers do take advantage of exploits; when there is no rule against doing so. there is a rule against it here. also if i'm not mistaken there's usually something more than a silly trophy given for winning one of those tournaments, so taking every advantage that you can is just common sense. the games here are supposed to be for fun, not profit.

aurorasoltice

GameSage: Eden Eternal
aurorasoltice
PostedFeb 23, 2013 1:46 am
No one who matters ever said that it's a bug. Therefore you cant really claim people exploiting bugs by doing it. Imo until x-legend or aeria decide it is a bug, for all we know it's the mechanic of the game itself.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Meiji_

Rank 0
Meiji_
PostedFeb 23, 2013 2:07 am
AriaSaitcho wrote:
from thiswe find this:

15. You will not exploit any bug in the Game and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug or "hack"(bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or indirectly, to any other Game player. You will promptly report any such bug via official and prescribed channels to Aeria Games & Entertainment.

additionally if you scroll down to the bottom you'll find that violating rule this may result in a week or permanent ban.

yes, pro/champion gamers do take advantage of exploits; when there is no rule against doing so. there is a rule against it here. also if i'm not mistaken there's usually something more than a silly trophy given for winning one of those tournaments, so taking every advantage that you can is just common sense. the games here are supposed to be for fun, not profit.  

The point is that aeria already said numerous times that this is not bannable, although not recommended. That rule is not related to this specific action in this game, I'm just calling it an exploit to follow up with sweetxdevil357's point of view.

As aurorasoltice said, this might even be a mechanic of the game itself, either by being developed as such or by being turned into one for the lack of a way to repair it.

Ethismos

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 2:42 am
My Tickets
#7700939: [Eden Eternal in English] Regarding engineer animation casting exploits.
2012-05-09 14:19:12 Ticket created

Ethismos (4893363) sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support.

Subcategory: Other

Game: Eden Eternal in English

Server: Garnet

Character Name: Ethismos

Date and time of occurrence: 2012-05-09 10:17 GMT+2

I would like to report the following:

There is a bug with the engineer class that can be reproduced if you do the
following EXACTLY as said. Be in normal form -> Change to mecha state ->
get on mount -> Change to mecha state -> Get in an instance. With this
chain of actions you no longer have casting animations in the instance,
meaning you can pretty much farm anything much easier than any other class.
Is this bannable? It is not slidecasting or animation cancelling imo, but
pretty much exploit.
I was taught by a big guild member and i HAVE seen GSes do that to farm,
and after that i have used it and seen many others use it, so i wonder if
it is right as to me it seems an exploit but everybody does it so i guess
the company knows. I wouldnt like to report it in forums for personal
reasons.

Any info about if its an exploit or not and if i am allowed to use it would
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ethismos.
2012-05-09 17:09:55 Status changed from 'new' to 'open'
2012-05-09 18:32:26 Response from Team Aeria

Hello Ethismos,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to give
us this report.

We greatly appreciate the information in regards to the Engineer Class
and the cancellation of the casting animations for the skills and
abilities.

As this is currently a bug, we will be reporting this to our developers
for corrections. Please understand that this is also considered an
exploit, as it does work around the normal game mechanics. Please
refrain from performing these actions in game

Again, we thank you for the support and wish you a great experience in
game.

Thank you,

Team Eden Eternal
2012-05-09 18:32:43 Status changed from 'open' to 'stalled'
2012-05-09 19:53:39 Status changed from 'stalled' to 'resolved'

Ethismos

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 2:47 am
It was considered a bug and an exploit 1 year ago and any post i made on forums about that has been locked, people have flamed me etc, the last post locked was yesterday and still on first page at general discussion, with people again using racist comments or saying i can't do it and that is why i report it (like its hard to cheat...).

Anyway, i guess having a game that requires you to aoe farm with bugs for days to get one level is the way they players here want it and if you bother to point errors of the game and compare it to other games you just get flamed.

They could just fix exp curve and 2-3 more economy and farm related things if the community asked for it, and this would be a great game with many more people. But as long as most of the old players ask for the game to have bugs so they can exploit them there is not much to do.