Xardas42

Rank 1
Xardas42
PostedFeb 22, 2013 8:18 am

SLI or Crossfire?

This question is for GM/PM as I am not looking for speculation of what it might be. The minimum/recommended system requirements do not go into graphics detail, so I was wondering ...

Does DK-Online make use of Scalable Link Interface or Crossfire configurations?

If you do not know, can you please contact the devs to find out?

Thanks

Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 22, 2013 8:57 am
The Game Engine does not use GPU Memory at the moment, that's why it is not listed in the Minimum Requirements.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:44 pm
filipvarga wrote:
The Game Engine does not use GPU Memory at the moment, that's why it is not listed in the Minimum Requirements.  

Are you serious? Of course it uses GPU memory. The requirement is not listed cause they don't know an exact amount it needs, new game addition will increase the memory foot print of the game so its safer not to put a hard minimum. Every graphical element rendered and display uses graphics memory. Having no minimum memory requirement does not mean it uses no memory.

And that is not what the OP asked. The OP asked if the game took advantage and support such feature as SLI or crossfire to improve performance. And how to configure it for sli/crossfire if there was support for it.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:58 pm
celestar wrote:
filipvarga wrote:

Are you serious? Of course it uses GPU memory. The requirement is not listed cause they don't know an exact amount it needs, new game addition will increase the memory foot print of the game so its safer not to put a hard minimum. Every graphical element rendered and display uses graphics memory. Having no minimum memory requirement does not mean it uses no memory.

And that is not what the OP asked. The OP asked if the game took advantage and support such feature as SLI or crossfire to improve performance. And how to configure it for sli/crossfire if there was support for it.  
The game actually DON'T. It uses 99% of the CPU and only 1% of the GPU. It has been tested and confirmed.

I have a CrossFire X working and well made. Well actually it's totally usless due to that "game engine" bad code or whatever is the problem with it.

SLI or CF/CFX is the same, the only difference is on the control pannel from the software, where ATI is better and more detailed. About performance or hardware components, Nvidia and Ati are the same..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedMar 07, 2013 12:57 pm
So you're tellng me this game is software rendered? Cause if it indeed uses no gpu memory/gpu execution time, then everything must be software rendered. Cause you can't load anything into directX without using gpu memory of some sort yet the game definitely has a directX requirement cause it won't run without it.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:44 pm
celestar wrote:
So you're tellng me this game is software rendered? Cause if it indeed uses no gpu memory/gpu execution time, then everything must be software rendered. Cause you can't load anything into directX without using gpu memory of some sort yet the game definitely has a directX requirement cause it won't run without it.  
I said what has been TESTED and CONFIRMED: The game engine officially does NOT use at all the GPU (or only 1%-2% of it during tests) but instead load up ALL to the CPU (90%-99% load during tests).

That is an issue that the DEV team is working on to fix, and i HOPE they will do it ASAP.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|