devletbek

Rank 0
devletbek
PostedFeb 21, 2013 3:29 pm

[Guide] Digimon Eggs (Obtaining, Scanning, Hatching, etc.)

Introduction

The purpose of this thread is to guide new players on how to hatch their mercenary eggs, which many new players have acquired through the opening event, and can also be obtained from the cash shop and can also be gotten from various digimon (which will be explained in a following section)

Table of contents:
Types of Eggs
How to Acquire Eggs
Scanning Eggs
How to Hatch Eggs
Where to obtain data (incomplete)

Types of Eggs

Now before do anything you must remember, not all eggs will result in new mercenary Digimon for your team, there are several types of Digi-eggs in the game

Cracked Eggs
Eggs which can be traded in to either PawnChessmon B and Miki for Bits (33bits per Cracked Egg)

Item eggs
Eggs that when scanned will result in an item being given to the player.

Data Eggs
Eggs that when scanned will result in Data chips of various types (dependant on the Digimon the egg was acquired from) being given to the player.

Mercenary Eggs
Eggs that when scanned and incubated will result in Mercenary Digimon.

How to Acquire Eggs
There are several ways to obtain Eggs, Killing enemies, Receiving them as Quest Rewards, Cash Shop or Aeria Events

Killing enemies
Killing In Training Level Digimon (Such as Koromon) may result in Cracked Eggs, Data Eggs and Item Eggs,
Killing Rookie Level Digimon and above (Such as Elecmon, Panjyamon, Sabreleomon, BanchouLeomon) may result in Cracked Eggs, Data Eggs, Item Eggs and Mercenary Eggs, this is the easiest and cheapest way for players to obtain mercenary eggs, for Example if you wanted an Elecmon Mercenary Egg, you would have to defeat several Elecmon until they drop the egg.

Quests
Several Quests in the game will result in Item, Data or Mercenary Digi-eggs to be given.

Digi-core Shop
Kamemon at the Digi-core shop will swap Digi-cores for various Digi-eggs

Cash Shop
Mercenary Eggs for various digimon can be acquired via the cash shop in exchange for AP which costs real money however it guarantees you your chosen digimon.

Aeria Events
Ocassionally Aeria may give out Item, Data or Mercenary Digi-eggs as part of events, so make sure to check the forums regularly Wink

Scanning Eggs
In order to scan the eggs, you need to go visit the Pawnchessmon B at either the DATS Center or Yokohama Village or Miki at the East Village who will scan various eggs for various prices

How to Hatch Eggs

1) Once you obtained a Mercenary Egg, locate the Incubator at DATS Center or Yokohama Village.

2) Check Mercenary Egg's description, it will indicate the type of data required. (ie. BlackGatomon requires "Beast Data"). Make sure to obtain these before attempting to hatch the egg!
- Hatching the eggs will usually require three (3) injections of data pieces; in BlackGatomon's case, it's 8 beast-data pieces per injection. This means you will need a total of 24 pieces of beast-data to hatch the egg.
- You may attempt to inject data up to 5 times for a digimon that is larger than normal size, however this [i]may have a chance of destroying the egg[/i].

3) Finally, once you're done, press "Hatch".

Where to obtain Data
For now I have only discovered the locations for two types of data, more will be added once more are discovered

Beast Data can be acquired from Koromon Agumon Greymon and MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, Tsunomon, Gabumon, Garurumon, WereGarurumon, MetalGarurumon

Devil Data can be acquired from DemiDevimon, Devimon, Myotismon, Venom Myotismon

Remember guys, I love feedback on my guides, they help me improve the guides so I can help improve you Very Happy
Advertisement

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedFeb 21, 2013 7:45 pm
ur guides seem fairly straightforward and easy to read/understand but could use some pics to show what ur explaining

devletbek

Rank 0
devletbek
PostedFeb 21, 2013 7:55 pm
No problem, are there any particular pictures you would like?

globbyastro

Rank 0
PostedFeb 21, 2013 10:03 pm   Last edited by globbyastro on Feb 21, 2013 10:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total
These are the mercinary eggs, ones that can be hatched or scanned for items. Scanning these can give you Digicores or multiple Data chips.

These eggs can be sold in the Return DigiEgg menu by clicking Register, so please be ware of what menu you are in before submitting them if you wish to scan them.
(images taken from digimon-masteronline.blogspot.com)

Beast Mercenary Digi Egg

Bird Mercenary Digi Egg

Devil Mercenary Digi Egg

Dragon Mercenary Digi Egg

Fire Mercenary Digi Egg

Insectoid Mercenary Digi Egg

Plant Mercenary Digi Egg

Rock Mercenary Digi Egg

Aqua Mercenary Digi Egg  

not to steal your thunder, Devietbek, but i figured it'd be helpful to have someone else help with pictures as there are so many to post.

5 more painful hours of maintenance to go, I am more than willing to help you with images and such for a guide as most of the guides I find tend to be in broken english, assumes basic knowledge of the game or just isn't very great with the pictures.

devletbek

Rank 0
devletbek
PostedFeb 21, 2013 10:06 pm
No problem man thanks for your assistance

Queeron

Rank 0
Queeron
PostedFeb 22, 2013 7:33 am
Does bigger size digimon mean different in their stats too?

sang06

Rank 3
sang06
PostedFeb 22, 2013 7:41 am   Last edited by sang06 on Mar 03, 2013 5:24 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Yes, size does count for stats. (Sorry for stealing your thunder here, devletbek)

sang06 wrote:
When we bring our Egg to 3/5 bars. That is the bare minimum of what is needed to hatch a Digimon. It is the smallest size for the Digimon and it is also the weakest.
3/5 Digimons can have a size from 75 - 99%.

When we bring our Egg to 4/5 bars. That is the middle of the 4/5. It's much stronger than a 3/5 Digimon and it is quite larger in size as well. 4/5 Digimon are sorta risky to get, if you're not using a cash egg. Since it has a high chance to break. (Although all normal eggs have a chance to break at whatever time they want.)
4/5 Digimon can have a size that varies from 100% - 125%

And now when we hit 5/5 bars on our Egg. (When the blue bar is filled in the incubator.) It is the max size. It is the most powerful and largest of the other sizes (3/5, 4/5.)
This is also the riskiest of things to try getting for, since it has a VERY high chance of failing.
5/5 Digimon can have a size from 115% - 130%.  

In other words, yes. Size does matter when coming to stats.
Wrote the words above here.

nushika

Rank 1
nushika
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:14 pm
Cool digiegg... Smile

tramountanas

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
tramountanas
PostedFeb 26, 2013 2:25 am
devletbek, thank you for the guide ^_^

Just a question. The Digieggs that are sold in AP shop, are 100% "solid proof" I mean when we try to hatch them, they will go up to 5/5 without the terror of destroying the Digiegg (and of course without using the Digiegg protection) or is there a big chance of the Digiegg to be destroyed?

And just something that bothers me if you can help or if anyone knows the answer, when I bought an AP Digimon and I use the Digiegg protection (because I was afraid of been destroyed, and it costs real money in this occasion ^_^; ) the Digiegg was raised only until 3/5 which was 86% tall and then it didn't let me raise it more. So why was that? I thought that all Digieggs were able to go upto 5/5 if you are lucky of course.

Thank you and sorry for troubling you with this question.

Katasuna

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 3:40 am

On Hatching Eggs

Oops another fail!
Think it should be mentioned about backup on trying to hatch egg though not sure how that works myself.

Hatching eggs can make me grit my teeth because success even on a normal 3 seems to be around 3%, I probably am off but non AP eggs and (core 100, 300) eggs seem to be the only no fail I believe the term is reinforced? Anyways I have went through at least 50 eggs and even quest eggs have blown up, most say it is luck based, well if it is luck I have some rotten luck there hehe. Most eggs for me on first data injection fails and I get the wonderful message that your egg has been destroyed, I see successes of 4 or 5 glow at the top of the screen and wonder if these are the AP or if someone was lucky enough to hatch a non AP egg.

Happy hatching and good luck Smile