Yurisaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:46 pm   Last edited by Yurisaki on Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total

State of the Game 2013

For GMs and Players -Text Heavy-
Comprehensive List of Game Issues.

Part A) GameMasters' Faults and Responsibilities!

1. Red Halo Modification and Resulting Issues.

Since the modification of the Red Halo System the server has suffered from crashes and an increase in lag and hiccups. This issue has apparently been researched by Aeria & Koei, and the resulting answer was that the game would require a clean wipe/install.
So why has this NOT happened?

2. Issues with the Login Server.

Please refer to this post for more details.
This is a fault with Aeria's servers. However even after almost 3 weeks there has been NO communication from the Gms, no apparent resolution and no time frame given as to if this will be fixed.

3. Showdowns / Campaigns / Events

The in-game events are not being set up/run correctly. For the past 2 weeks we have had campaigns start during the scheduled showdown time.
Also, the inability of the GMs to post a REGULAR, STABLE schedule for weekend events is borderline laughable.
We have a Calendar on the heavily outdated (see section B Point #1) main page. This SHOULD/MUST be used for advanced scheduling of Weekend Events, Promos, Maintenance.
A post should be made on the General Discussion section of the forums by Thursday at the latest to inform the community of the weekend schedule.

4. Lack of Communication & Forum Issues

As the months have passed, GM communication with the community has reached an ALL-TIME low. Weekend Schedules are not posted. Questions on issues are going unanswered. There are no community updates to problems that the GMs know are prevalent.
The only thing that can almost always be guaranteed is that they will post the information for events that make Aeria MONEY!.
We understand that you are running a business! But you treat the customers like dirt and fools!

Another issue that the community, as a whole, has shown a CLEAR distaste for is the constant advertising of other Aeria games.
You push and push other games, but show and inability to maintain even one game!
Please STOP advertising other Aeria games and try advertising this one every once in awhile.

Maintenance Time does NOT mean a different game.

5. Spender Rewards And Events

Every week the (what had been monthly) tiered spenders appear on the forums. GREAT! Free stuff! Everyone loves free stuff. But the lack of variety, lack of types, and lack of accommodation for the whole player base has become the standard.
I know full well how difficult weapon codes are. But the seemingly obvious decision to not offer different weapon levels due to the increased amount of work (and likelihood for mistakes) is appalling.

If you wish to know the different types of furniture you can sell, or anything I or any Game Sage will be happy to assist.

Also the FACT that EVERY payout for the past year or more has had an error has become a joke. I understand the complexity of the weapons, but with a little time and effort these mistakes should not be happening.

7. Item Mall, First Time Spender & Items OWED

The Item Mall was taken down about a year ago due to an issue with it giving out free items.
It was announced that it was going to be fixed and then returned ASAP.
Yet, here we are and it's still noticeably absent. On top of that, the community has received zero communication from GMs about this issue.

• However the lack of an Item Mall has lead to several issues.
  • Items that were pending are stuck in limbo. Items that, 'I hasten to point out' that have been paid for with real money! Yet, the customers continue to wait for their PAID for goods and have not even been informed as to when they will be sent or compensated.
  • Inability of the GMs to insert items outside of maintenance.
  • Previously insert-able items are no longer available.

The Community has waited and waited for answers, it's about time some were given.

On to the First Time Spender.
Although I agree it is nice to give new spenders a perk (you work for money after all)
The inability to pay it out, and the lack of items that would be useful to a new player shows a complete lack of understanding of the game and is upsetting.

This game requires certain items that must be bought with cash to do some important things with in the game.
These items are cheap and only require being bought once. However, if a player is unable to spend the AP to buy them, then that person's ability to fully enjoy and participate in the game is hampered.
Following suit with a large percentage of Aeria's games, a FREE new players package is recommended.

8. Game Sages

Currently the Game Sage team is reduced to 4 active/semi-active members.
The community has noticed the absence of several members of the team. I suggest the time is taken to re-open applications.

Part B. Aeria Game's Responsibilities and MAJOR faults

1. Main Page Heavily Outdated.

The Main page is seriously outdated.
Dynasty Warriors receives a Major update every 9-10 Months.
This level of update requires an update to the main site also.

• The current poll is 2 years old.
  • The Youtube button links to a Youtube page that is NEVER used.
  • The Game Guide refers to game modes that have been removed entirely.
  • The Media section, The overview.. the list goes on.

This shows a blatant lack of care and attention from what is supposed to be a highly regarded Online Games Publisher!

2. Advertising.

This game is from a well-known and respected developer. It is the game that helped Aeria truly become a leader in Online Games Publishing.
So why on earth do you treat it like ... well, like crap?
Advertise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speak with Koei America and arrange for them to Advertise a KOEI game along with Dynasty Warriors Online and other Warriors games they sell.
Advertise on game sites.. Youtube.. ANYTHING!
How do you expect to bring new players to Aeria games when you only BRIEFLY advertise new games?

Part C. The Community's Responsibility

1. Forum Trolls.

We have too many trolls on this forum, and whats worse is the amount of people that encourage it.
I have witnessed people in the Shoutbox outright telling people NOT to play this game,
and then later complaining about the lack of players.

2. Community's Attitude towards Game Masters.

YES you're frustrated!
YES it's annoying as heck to pay for something only to receive the Wrong Item!
YES Game Masters do not give the community due care and attention!

But let me ask you this:

If you had to work at a place where a few hundred people do nothing but **** at you all day, would you give two craps?

I know I wouldn't..

2. Community's Attitude towards New Players.

It's up to you how you play a game and behave online, this is not a “DO AS YOU ARE TOLD!” post.
But stop and think for a minute. You dislike how few matches there are?
How few people there are? How things cost too dang much!

How about, instead of having this uber elitist mentality that a large percentage of the veteran playerbase has...
take care of the noobies!!
Stop making alts to farm the noobies!
Give the noobies some love man! Love and peace!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is everything for now. If you read this far, then you care about the game as much as I do.
If I think of anything more to moan about I will add it.

Comments are welcome so long as they are constructive and not outright Aeria bashing.
Hopefully, together we can make the game better for everyone.

This Post has been sent to All GM's - PM Vert - Superman0X, Koei JPN And Aeria's Complaints Department. A copy has been made. Please Don't ban me as it's long making new accounts.
Love Yuri x

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Advertisement

Naizuya

Rank 0
Naizuya
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:56 pm
I pray we don't get the usual BS response, but as I said, I think it'd be nice for the GSs and GMs who play the game or have an interest to become more active. And question, aren't there supposed to be in-game moderators so they can be all like, "DWO Police! I'm gonna have to ask you to clean up your attitude or deal with the consequences." Or stuff like that, just a suggestion to leave on the table.

HackSlash52

Rank 2
HackSlash52
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:59 pm
Well said. One of the most important parts that u mentioned is, "take care of the noobies!!" We can't forget about them. That's important if we want to help the game grow too. It will make less people keep playing. I won't bash anyone but I agree with everything u say Yuri. Well said. I pray that someone will see this and changes will happen for the sake of the community the old and new players alike and the players that have retired might be pursuaded to get back into it. I just hope and pray it won't fall on deft ears.

Forcefully retired as MaskedOne.HD1 & TheOne.HD1 from Dynasty Warriors Online because the server was forcefully closed. So sad. I'll come back on here every now and then so if you need me message me on here and I'll try to get back to you.

VanirDWO

Rank 3
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:02 pm
I they did a clean wipe/re-install of the game, would that delete everybody's character data or not?
Because if it does, then that won't sit well with a lot of people considering that a lot of people have put a lot of time, effort and money into this game just to get their characters to the level(s) they are now.

Just asking if it would delete such data, just out of curiosity.

VanirDWO

Rank 3
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:04 pm
Naizuya wrote:
I pray we don't get the usual BS response, but as I said, I think it'd be nice for the GSs and GMs who play the game or have an interest to become more active. And question, aren't there supposed to be in-game moderators so they can be all like, "DWO Police! I'm gonna have to ask you to clean up your attitude or deal with the consequences." Or stuff like that, just a suggestion to leave on the table.  

I have to ask...Your avatar GIF...Which anime is it from? xD

Yurisaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:05 pm
VanirDWO wrote:
I they did a clean wipe/re-install of the game, would that delete everybody's character data or not?
Because if it does, then that won't sit well with a lot of people considering that a lot of people have put a lot of time, effort and money into this game just to get their characters to the level(s) they are now.

Character data is stored elsewhere.

VanirDWO wrote:
Naizuya wrote:

これはゾンビですか?
Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
Is This a Zombie?

VanirDWO

Rank 3
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:10 pm   Last edited by VanirDWO on Feb 19, 2013 9:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Yurisaki wrote:
VanirDWO wrote:

Character data is stored elsewhere.  

Ahhh ok, that's fine then.
If a clean (re-)install is needed to remove the crashes and reduce lag...Then I don't see why Aeria doesn't do it. I mean, it can't take longer than the amount of time it takes to apply a new scenario patch right? I'm sure we here in the DWO community can spare that kind of time. Unless there are other issues involved of course.

caseman691

Rank 2
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:15 pm
You tell them yuri, i demand this post be bumped every couple of hours and it's time we get some answers and if they ban yuri for sticking up for the community we go on strike but anyway yuri is right jus look at Shin megami Tensai IMAGINE Aeria pretty much did the same thing the're doing to us and end the end they gave it back to Atlus and not Shin is Booming it's got more updates then they ever got with aeria and no latency issues at all there was a point in time where i couldn't play it on Aeria because of lag so yea fix our game Aeria

SHAUNIEWHITE

Rank 1
SHAUNIEWHITE
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:18 pm   Last edited by SHAUNIEWHITE on Feb 19, 2013 10:26 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Very passionate. Motivational. Innovative.

VanirDWO

Rank 3
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:19 pm
Yurisaki wrote:
VanirDWO wrote:

これはゾンビですか?
Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
Is This a Zombie?  

K cool, thanks!! Looks like a funny anime, I guess i'll give it a try as see how it is lol.