Author Message

TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
Joined
02 Mar 2011
Posts
40
Location
United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

DS 80 gvg set opinions

The title pretty much describes it all. Opinions on the DS gvg set at 80? Worth it? I've always been told gvg sets are always (almost always) the best set because of their rarity and difficulty to get. From most people I still hear this.. but lately I been hearing some people say they're not worth it. I'm referring more specifically to DS gvg set here... any opinions?
Advertisement

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
Joined
06 Feb 2009
Posts
1244
Location
manchester United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 6:41 pm

what bracket/lvl

0o
Not worth it

Are you playing in 80 or going to cap? Either way not worth it. At 80 yellow set is best. Than when you get to 85 pvp set trumps all by a huge amount.

Most gvg sets aren't worth it. Only the AM/Avatar one is worth considering in my opinion.

Darthkiller_26

Rank 2
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
626
Location
In the end of the world, Argentina
PostedFeb 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: what bracket/lvl

0o
sababafiddle wrote:
Not worth it

Are you playing in 80 or going to cap? Either way not worth it. At 80 yellow set is best. Than when you get to 85 pvp set trumps all by a huge amount.

Most gvg sets aren't worth it. Only the AM/Avatar one is worth considering in my opinion.  


70 gvg set for ds is worth et

poloboiz123

Rank 2
poloboiz123
Joined
27 Apr 2010
Posts
646
Location
Spain
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:10 pm
The GvG set for DS's is pure dps so it is worth it to get the set. You should also get the 75 pvp set and 80 yellow for certain situations.

TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
Joined
02 Mar 2011
Posts
40
Location
United States
PostedFeb 20, 2013 9:05 am

Re: what bracket/lvl

0o
sababafiddle wrote:


Are you playing in 80 or going to cap?  





I plan on staying at 80 for now.

TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
Joined
02 Mar 2011
Posts
40
Location
United States
PostedFeb 20, 2013 9:08 am
poloboiz123 wrote:
The GvG set for DS's is pure dps so it is worth it to get the set. You should also get the 75 pvp set and 80 yellow for certain situations.  


What certain situations would you recommend each set for? I'm assuming yellow set to be the tankiest for DS? while gvg is the most DPS?

samuru1989

Rank 2
samuru1989
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Posts
405
Location
United States
PostedFeb 21, 2013 12:21 pm
TakaraTaji wrote:
poloboiz123 wrote:
The GvG set for DS's is pure dps so it is worth it to get the set. You should also get the 75 pvp set and 80 yellow for certain situations.  


What certain situations would you recommend each set for? I'm assuming yellow set to be the tankiest for DS? while gvg is the most DPS?  


Well you would need different set ups with each set, the gvg set gives crit damage so weapon can be crit rate stones, the 80 yellow gives crit rate so u need crit damage stones. So worst case scenario you would need 2 sets of yellows to maximize each set's potential.

The yellow offers more tankiness for pvp/gvg as you can make it perserving perfix and it gives the best def and anti stun. The gvg set is better than the 75 pvp set in both def and dps. The only thing the pvp set has on the gvg and yellow set is hit rate (and %hp but with the vit and hp bonus of others doesn't matter) . If you are fighting a high evade class the the pvp set might be a lttle better for higher hit rate, but with talents, AT, consumables you shouldn't be too much of a problem with the others. So if you only pick one set, 80 yellow imo. If you can't afford the yellow set/don't want to spend all that gold than the gvg set is the next best. Or get them all if you can afford for fun.

TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
Joined
02 Mar 2011
Posts
40
Location
United States
PostedFeb 21, 2013 1:58 pm
samuru1989 wrote:
TakaraTaji wrote:
poloboiz123 wrote:
The GvG set for DS's is pure dps so it is worth it to get the set. You should also get the 75 pvp set and 80 yellow for certain situations.  


What certain situations would you recommend each set for? I'm assuming yellow set to be the tankiest for DS? while gvg is the most DPS?  


Well you would need different set ups with each set, the gvg set gives crit damage so weapon can be crit rate stones, the 80 yellow gives crit rate so u need crit damage stones. So worst case scenario you would need 2 sets of yellows to maximize each set's potential.

The yellow offers more tankiness for pvp/gvg as you can make it perserving perfix and it gives the best def and anti stun. The gvg set is better than the 75 pvp set in both def and dps. The only thing the pvp set has on the gvg and yellow set is hit rate (and %hp but with the vit and hp bonus of others doesn't matter) . If you are fighting a high evade class the the pvp set might be a lttle better for higher hit rate, but with talents, AT, consumables you shouldn't be too much of a problem with the others. So if you only pick one set, 80 yellow imo. If you can't afford the yellow set/don't want to spend all that gold than the gvg set is the next best. Or get them all if you can afford for fun.  


Great thank you for the explanations... I don't do much pvp, and 80 isnt too terribly active anyway. I tend to stick to my role as a DPS in dungeon parties.. so perhaps full DPS would be best in my situation.. either way, thanks again.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: