Yurisaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 19, 2013 11:10 am

Re: Aeria Point first time buyer concerns.

Why I'm a little upset with the level of communication with consumers.
Superman0X wrote:
Ephringael wrote:
It's not that I disapprove of a wait time, I understand security concerns and the like.

However the problem is, I was enticed to purchased said Aeria Points to spend them for the event here in DWO, for the custom teir 4 weapon. Had the event not been around, I surely would have been disinclined to purchase.

The fact that I will not qualify for the promotion is not the major issue however. It's the poor communication involved. Not a single message in game to remind first time buyers that there is a waiting period, nor mention of a waiting period on the purchase screen.

Who should I take this up with?

Edit: The waiting period turned out to be relatively short. When I asked around on the matter, I received information stating it took between 24-72 hours for the lock to be lifted. It appears my information was, out dated, or circumstantial to say the least.

My point still stands however, and I would still like to know who I'd need to talk to about the Aeria point purchase screen to better inform future consumers.

Should I file a support ticket? Email someone, if so who?  

I believe that your issue was covered by this:

Q: Why do I see a -2 on my account?
A: The -2AP (s89 error or error 99) you see does not mean that you have a negative amount in your account. It simply means that your account is going through a wait period for security reasons. It will not affect any amount of AP you have purchased or will purchase in the future. There is no need to submit a “Request Ticket” to billing for a -2, simply log into the game and after 20 minutes you will receive your AP. If after 20 minutes you do not receive your AP after seeing the -2, please contact billing to resolve this issue.  

This is from the Billing FAQ.  

I'm disappointed by this response by superman. The OP talks about the lack of Information regarding the extended wait on an accounts FIRST AP purchase.. And he replies with this.
Advertisement

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedFeb 19, 2013 11:23 am

Yurisaki wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Ephringael wrote:
It's not that I disapprove of a wait time, I understand security concerns and the like.

However the problem is, I was enticed to purchased said Aeria Points to spend them for the event here in DWO, for the custom teir 4 weapon. Had the event not been around, I surely would have been disinclined to purchase.

The fact that I will not qualify for the promotion is not the major issue however. It's the poor communication involved. Not a single message in game to remind first time buyers that there is a waiting period, nor mention of a waiting period on the purchase screen.

Edit: The waiting period turned out to be relatively short. When I asked around on the matter, I received information stating it took between 24-72 hours for the lock to be lifted. It appears my information was, out dated, or circumstantial to say the least.

My point still stands however, and I would still like to know who I'd need to talk to about the Aeria point purchase screen to better inform future consumers.

A: The -2AP (s89 error or error 99) you see does not mean that you have a negative amount in your account. It simply means that your account is going through a wait period for security reasons. It will not affect any amount of AP you have purchased or will purchase in the future. There is no need to submit a “Request Ticket” to billing for a -2, simply log into the game and after 20 minutes you will receive your AP. If after 20 minutes you do not receive your AP after seeing the -2, please contact billing to resolve this issue.  

I'm disappointed by this response by superman. The OP talks about the lack of Information regarding the extended wait on an accounts FIRST AP purchase.. And he replies with this.  

The information I provided appears to be the most valid for the situation they they encountered. They spent the AP purchases in under 30 mins from time of purchase, and there was no additional delay.

Yurisaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Superman0X wrote:
Yurisaki wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Ephringael wrote:

The information I provided appears to be the most valid for the situation they they encountered. They spent the AP purchases in under 30 mins from time of purchase, and there was no additional delay.  

When I and many others made my first ever purchase of AP the wait time was extended greatly to 24-72 hours. But there is no information provided on the Purchase page that informs people of this possible wait.

That's the issue at hand.

the 20mins ish for a normal purchase IS as you pointed out in the billing FAQ.

Superman0X

Superman0X
PostedFeb 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Yurisaki wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Yurisaki wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Ephringael wrote:

When I and many others made my first ever purchase of AP the wait time was extended greatly to 24-72 hours. But there is no information provided on the Purchase page that informs people of this possible wait.

That's the issue at hand.

the 20mins ish for a normal purchase IS as you pointed out in the billing FAQ.  

There is no known delay of 24-72 hours for a first purchase... so I cant present information about it. I suspect that this is a combination of different things, that are being crossed.

A first time buyer can only purchase once per day for the first three days (72 hours). That is explained here:

Q: I am a new buyer. What are my limits for purchasing Aeria Points?
A: As a first time buyer, you are able to purchase AP once you have created an account. You are however limited to one purchase per day for the first 3 days.

To better protect our users, we have implemented some new security features when purchasing Aeria Points. The first purchase of AP, which player's may require that they wait up to 10 minutes after the transaction clears before being able to spend the points in-game. During the process, players may not be able to see their AP balance. Please do not be alarmed by this. The points will be available shortly after the process is completed. This is to ensure that our security checks can verify your information and confirm the transaction prior to it being made available, thereby ensuring the security of your transaction.

If you DO have a problem, and have to submit a ticket, then the turn around time is 48 hours. This is stated in the autoreply to any ticket:

Our support staff will process your ticket within 48 hours.  

There may also be issues with payment providers (PayPal, Google, etc) that may put a hold on fund transfers until the account is verified (PayPal), or have a timer of their own (Google Checkout).

If we are missing some information, I will happily contact the appropriate party to update what is available, so that it is correct.... but I am not aware of anything missing.

Yurisaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Superman0X wrote:

There is no known delay of 24-72 hours for a first purchase... so I cant present information about it. I suspect that this is a combination of different things, that are being crossed.

A first time buyer can only purchase once per day for the first three days (72 hours). That is explained here:

Q: I am a new buyer. What are my limits for purchasing Aeria Points?
A: As a first time buyer, you are able to purchase AP once you have created an account. You are however limited to one purchase per day for the first 3 days.

To better protect our users, we have implemented some new security features when purchasing Aeria Points. The first purchase of AP, which player's may require that they wait up to 10 minutes after the transaction clears before being able to spend the points in-game. During the process, players may not be able to see their AP balance. Please do not be alarmed by this. The points will be available shortly after the process is completed. This is to ensure that our security checks can verify your information and confirm the transaction prior to it being made available, thereby ensuring the security of your transaction.

If you DO have a problem, and have to submit a ticket, then the turn around time is 48 hours. This is stated in the autoreply to any ticket:

Our support staff will process your ticket within 48 hours.  

There may also be issues with payment providers (PayPal, Google, etc) that may put a hold on fund transfers until the account is verified (PayPal), or have a timer of their own (Google Checkout).

If we are missing some information, I will happily contact the appropriate party to update what is available, so that it is correct.... but I am not aware of anything missing.  

That helps clarify a lot of issues.
But there was/is a point where accounts are suspended when you make the first ever purchase correct? Is this no longer done? (asking out of curiosity now)

Superman0X

Superman0X
PostedFeb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Yurisaki wrote:

That helps clarify a lot of issues.
But there was/is a point where accounts are suspended when you make the first ever purchase correct? Is this no longer done? (asking out of curiosity now)  

There have been periods in the past where we have created longer manual delays. This should have been documented at the time we were doing this. This typically happens when there are specific fraud related issues. We work closely with our payment providers on these issues.