Ephringael

Rank 0
Ephringael
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Aeria Point first time buyer concerns.

Why I'm a little upset with the level of communication with consumers.
It's not that I disapprove of a wait time, I understand security concerns and the like.

However the problem is, I was enticed to purchased said Aeria Points to spend them for the event here in DWO, for the custom teir 4 weapon. Had the event not been around, I surely would have been disinclined to purchase.

The fact that I will not qualify for the promotion is not the major issue however. It's the poor communication involved. Not a single message in game to remind first time buyers that there is a waiting period, nor mention of a waiting period on the purchase screen.

Who should I take this up with?

Edit: The waiting period turned out to be relatively short. When I asked around on the matter, I received information stating it took between 24-72 hours for the lock to be lifted. It appears my information was, out dated, or circumstantial to say the least.

My point still stands however, and I would still like to know who I'd need to talk to about the Aeria point purchase screen to better inform future consumers.

Should I file a support ticket? Email someone, if so who?

Advertisement

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Send in a ticket.

Hope you don't get a robot.

About all you can do.

Ever wonder how Technature lives the life of a soldier?How about asking a person that doesn't actually exist questions? Then drop by Technature's blog and drop a letter.

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Aeria Point first time buyer concerns.

Ephringael wrote:
It's not that I disapprove of a wait time, I understand security concerns and the like.

However the problem is, I was enticed to purchased said Aeria Points to spend them for the event here in DWO, for the custom teir 4 weapon. Had the event not been around, I surely would have been disinclined to purchase.

The fact that I will not qualify for the promotion is not the major issue however. It's the poor communication involved. Not a single message in game to remind first time buyers that there is a waiting period, nor mention of a waiting period on the purchase screen.

The problem with this is that Aeria really isn't at fault here. They're not entitled to tell first-time spenders (or any players, for that matter) that they have to wait some time after purchasing AP before they can use it. There's a good amount of work that goes into getting everything ready so that you can spend your AP, since buying AP for the first time is probably like opening up a new bank account. First-time spenders are expected to know that there will be a waiting period.
Also, most people here tend to buy AP early or on the first/second day of a promo so that they can get what they want without issues (at least until they're paid out). I'm sorry, but if you waited until the last minute/day to get AP, and failed to learn that there's a waiting period for first-time spenders beforehand, that's on you. Aeria can't be held responsible for it.

P.S. I saw your edit and apologize for not noticing it sooner. However, the fact still remains that Aeria isn't going to tell every player that there's a waiting period if they don't want to.

Ephringael

Rank 0
Ephringael
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:36 pm
It's a minor concern, I'm not trying to bash Aeria or anything. It is just a little rattling when you first buy AP, see it from the game screen, and are locked out of spending it.

That said, why wouldn't they want to inform their customers of these things? A little peice of text on the purchase screen would go along way to prevent first time buyers getting frustrated.

Wether they add it or not is still up to them, and I have no problem with either decision on the matter. I just wanted to point out a perceived issue.

I'll send in a ticket suggesting the text be added, thank you Technature.

cmstache

Rank 3
cmstache
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:50 pm
Ephringael wrote:
It's a minor concern, I'm not trying to bash Aeria or anything. It is just a little rattling when you first buy AP, see it from the game screen, and are locked out of spending it.

That said, why wouldn't they want to inform their customers of these things? A little peice of text on the purchase screen would go along way to prevent first time buyers getting frustrated.

Wether they add it or not is still up to them, and I have no problem with either decision on the matter. I just wanted to point out a perceived issue.

I'll send in a ticket suggesting the text be added, thank you Technature.  

I'd send in a ticket. Explain the circumstances, they might be a little lenient this one time for you. Best of luck.

thnguyen8292

Rank 5
thnguyen8292
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:07 pm
I'll give you my honest opinion..DONT SPEND MONEY on DWO.

Im speaking from experience..

cmstache

Rank 3
cmstache
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:07 am
thnguyen8292 wrote:
I'll give you my honest opinion..DONT SPEND MONEY on DWO.

Im speaking from experience..  

I'd say don't spend much money on DWO... throwing 10 bucks or so at it every couple/few of weeks (less than 20$ a month.... most ppl spend WAY more than that on normal games) does wonders at keeping you competitive. I'm not saying you can't do it without spending money, but be prepared to spend hours (and i do mean HOURS!!!) a day farming.

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:30 am
I thought the best way to stay competitive was spending 5 dollars a month on dial up internet?

This is why I don't play DWO

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:36 am

Re: Aeria Point first time buyer concerns.

Ephringael wrote:

Edit: The waiting period turned out to be relatively short. When I asked around on the matter, I received information stating it took between 24-72 hours for the lock to be lifted. It appears my information was, out dated, or circumstantial to say the least.

My point still stands however, and I would still like to know who I'd need to talk to about the Aeria point purchase screen to better inform future consumers.

Should I file a support ticket? Email someone, if so who?  

I believe that your issue was covered by this:

Q: Why do I see a -2 on my account?
A: The -2AP (s89 error or error 99) you see does not mean that you have a negative amount in your account. It simply means that your account is going through a wait period for security reasons. It will not affect any amount of AP you have purchased or will purchase in the future. There is no need to submit a “Request Ticket” to billing for a -2, simply log into the game and after 20 minutes you will receive your AP. If after 20 minutes you do not receive your AP after seeing the -2, please contact billing to resolve this issue.  

This is from the Billing FAQ.

noordin_ngentot

Rank 5
noordin_ngentot
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:57 am
I would say less than $20 a month is still way too much for a game that is suppose to be 'free'.

I don't believe spending few bucks for perfect bb full usage weapon reward every month is the way to keep you competitive anyway. The way how people would always complain about 'musou spamming' is the best example; because even with perfect full bb weapon, they still find themselves losing to simple modded TPicks / IRod musou.