Author Message

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:44 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Arthur5174 wrote:
its been dying for years now.....  


Correct. It will be 6 years in December.  
*insert something along the lines of "Aeria knows its been dying for years and wont do anything" here*

@ The OP. Practically everything you say needs a referance point Aeria does not have. Nothing you say means anything to them. Example "Bring it back to the old way" Okay, define 'old way'.

Sup remember our other thread? The one about perspective? This is the perspective the players have. ALL the players.  


I would agree that it is a common perspective.. but not one that is unique.

The same was said about horseless carriages (i.e. automobiles). Or if you want to go a bit more modern, the same was said about digital music. Prophesy's of doom don't really make much difference.

Advertisement

SexiSyren

Rank 4
SexiSyren
Joined
17 Apr 2010
Posts
2256
Location
United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:41 am
Superman was that a hint at your age?


Seriously though I have been here 4 yrs now, and hear the same with every new year and season.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3783
Location
Singapore
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:43 am
Digital music did kill physical retailers. Smile

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10636
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:48 am
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Arthur5174 wrote:
its been dying for years now.....  


Correct. It will be 6 years in December.  
*insert something along the lines of "Aeria knows its been dying for years and wont do anything" here*

@ The OP. Practically everything you say needs a referance point Aeria does not have. Nothing you say means anything to them. Example "Bring it back to the old way" Okay, define 'old way'.

Sup remember our other thread? The one about perspective? This is the perspective the players have. ALL the players.  


I would agree that it is a common perspective.. but not one that is unique.  
So why is their little to no effort to change that perspective. Shaiya was not this way 3 years ago. If you remember there was a time I supported Aeria, i was one of its biggest supporters, if it can turn me from that into this then it is probably hurting you more than you think. Instead of telling people Shaiya is an awesome game I'm telling them to keep the h3ll away from it and any Aeria hosted game, others will be too. That hurts any business.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 11:58 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Arthur5174 wrote:
its been dying for years now.....  


Correct. It will be 6 years in December.  
*insert something along the lines of "Aeria knows its been dying for years and wont do anything" here*

@ The OP. Practically everything you say needs a referance point Aeria does not have. Nothing you say means anything to them. Example "Bring it back to the old way" Okay, define 'old way'.

Sup remember our other thread? The one about perspective? This is the perspective the players have. ALL the players.  


I would agree that it is a common perspective.. but not one that is unique.  
So why is their little to no effort to change that perspective. Shaiya was not this way 3 years ago. If you remember there was a time I supported Aeria, i was one of its biggest supporters, if it can turn me from that into this then it is probably hurting you more than you think. Instead of telling people Shaiya is an awesome game I'm telling them to keep the h3ll away from it and any Aeria hosted game, others will be too. That hurts any business.  

SexiSyren wrote:

Seriously though I have been here 4 yrs now, and hear the same with every new year and season.  

Every game we have ever launched has been declared a failure, some even before launch. This is a trend older than you, I , or even computer games. It is a basic function of humanity. Heck.. people have been prophesying the end of the world (the ultimate declaration of failure) since the beginning of recorded history.

"There is an end to everything, to good things as well." ~Chaucer 1374

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10636
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:48 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Arthur5174 wrote:
its been dying for years now.....  


Correct. It will be 6 years in December.  
*insert something along the lines of "Aeria knows its been dying for years and wont do anything" here*

@ The OP. Practically everything you say needs a referance point Aeria does not have. Nothing you say means anything to them. Example "Bring it back to the old way" Okay, define 'old way'.

Sup remember our other thread? The one about perspective? This is the perspective the players have. ALL the players.  


I would agree that it is a common perspective.. but not one that is unique.  
So why is their little to no effort to change that perspective. Shaiya was not this way 3 years ago. If you remember there was a time I supported Aeria, i was one of its biggest supporters, if it can turn me from that into this then it is probably hurting you more than you think. Instead of telling people Shaiya is an awesome game I'm telling them to keep the h3ll away from it and any Aeria hosted game, others will be too. That hurts any business.  

SexiSyren wrote:

Seriously though I have been here 4 yrs now, and hear the same with every new year and season.  

Every game we have ever launched has been declared a failure, some even before launch. This is a trend older than you, I , or even computer games. It is a basic function of humanity. Heck.. people have been prophesying the end of the world (the ultimate declaration of failure) since the beginning of recorded history.

"There is an end to everything, to good things as well." ~Chaucer 1374  
Instead of saying 'oh well, failed again, d4mnit, next game?" work with people. Customers feel like numbers. That is bad for business. There has been 0 attempt to try and work with the community, its all been talk. Yes games will eventually die but Shaiya is like a wounded pig, the blood is pouring out and instead of putting it out of its misery you are letting it suffer. If the game is still profitable then work with the players to make it better, if its not then get rid of it.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
Joined
01 Apr 2008
Posts
2682
Location
New Orleans United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 2:39 pm
Maybe it's like that dive bar down on the corner. It's roach infested, it stinks, the bar is grimy, the glasses aren't cleaned, you can't see through the front window it's so encrusted over, you stick to the floors. The service is horrible, the bartenders are rude and the well liquor is bottom of the barrel. Why doesn't that dump close down already??? GEEZ!

But for some reason, people still like to hang out there and they're still buying the drinks. And as long as people are doing patronage there, the little bar will stay open and continue to serve people who want it. And I guess that's what's happening. People are still buying and therefore, those who are can't be too bothered by all the raunchiness others are seeing.

bjw12345678

Rank 2
bjw12345678
Joined
08 Nov 2009
Posts
407
Location
Toledo United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:08 am
quit now and stop wasting ur time @ OP

minuzaki

Rank 4
Joined
08 Mar 2010
Posts
1620
Location
Hell. Denmark
PostedFeb 19, 2013 10:35 am
Run little one, run!!

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
4136
Location
United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 11:39 am
Alastoreo wrote:
Digital music did kill physical retailers. Smile  


Video killed the radio star?

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: