Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 19, 2013 11:14 pm

summary
mykolag wrote:

I did not wrote about internal code... in any case, all calculation is done on server side.
Client just shows information to You.
One modification on server side and We would have a new "damage" calculation... new Excel, again way to find logic... Developer can define 2-3 not shown parameters per item - and You would not be able to restore picture.

In any case, it's great what You are doing... IMHO amazing work!!!
My main point was just to provide information to You... and may be show other perspective.  

You said the words, You are working from the inside, and I am working from the outside. Outside being, outside code, and inside being inside the code. All of what I am extrapolating is coming from in game trial and error. DHit and MHit are not Client side descriptions. Neither are the numbers you are claiming are attached to the BP accessories. The only way you could see Block as a value of the thousandths, and Crit as a value of the hundredths, is if you had a program that translates the game's packet code. You can't merely open up a source file, and read it.

... Dodge Accuracy and Magic Dodge = (Dodge- OppAccuracy)/Dodge

and what is chance to get MISS on You?
(Dodge- Opponent Accuracy)*100/Dodge in %?  

What I said is the answer to your question, as a decimal. I think personally the step of adding *100 is misguiding, because when you translate to percent as an excel, it will read out as 3200%, not as 32%. The *100 step is really only an "on paper" step for people who don't register that the tens and hundredths decimals are in fact your percentage points.

Ok. Epic Armor is 110% of Rare... What is success rate for Epic and Rare? May be would be better to get +9 Rare instant of +7 Epic?

IMHO, You work would be perfect when You can tell PLAYERS (fill Your configuration in Excel) - select Opponent (or Monster) - and You can calculate approximate damage...

Have fun!  

The game has linear advantages for enchant. +10 per weapon, +40 per caster, and armor enchants vary based on the armor, but are also fixed (tops are 4.5 per enchant). They MIGHT tweak this some day, but for now, it's pretty reliable.

What that implies is, if you have the same probability of enchant success per enchant, the common sense would be to get the better weapon. The only advantage to a rare is you can sell it. And, from my experience, enchanting an Heroic or Legend is much easier, albiet it also has a huge gold cost to do (35k - 160k per try)

What you are asking me to do there, would cost alot of gold. and I mean more than i could easily farm, purely for the sake of deriving the chance of success. We would be more productive with our time, and we merely influenced the Developers to list the success chance on the enchant window itself, and on our power stones ( the power stones USED TO say what chance they were).

There's also a problem with mobs and just plugging them in to an imbedded formula. After a certain point, the mobs begin to experience a penalty of damage (they take more damage than your normal dps). I believe this point is around 30 level difference; I'm not sure.

Also, at this time doing so is a pointless process. All mobs have very low defense and resist, except higher bosses, and even those bosses it has very low impact on the damage you do to them (maybe a loss of 50 damage). I can reliably damage every mob in Temple the same. I can go outside and kill Ogres, and do the same damage. In other words, it's a redundant task.

I can do player versus player, but only given that you know how they are linked, what gear they have. Without knowing those factors, It's very hard to reverse engineer a player unless you take 1000 hits from that player, record them all, and then use algebra and a little calculus to reverse engineer their base parameters (you can't discern their links, or stats to a 100% certainty, because they may have a certain skill, and if they are diversified in their links, it means that they might be linked differently; If they crit you 80% of the time, then you can pretty much assume they are linked full crit).

Advertisement

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedFeb 20, 2013 4:18 am

minimal damage
Rekikyo wrote:

There's also a problem with mobs and just plugging them in to an imbedded formula. After a certain point, the mobs begin to experience a penalty of damage (they take more damage than your normal dps). I believe this point is around 30 level difference; I'm not sure.

Also, at this time doing so is a pointless process. All mobs have very low defense and resist, except higher bosses, and even those bosses it has very low impact on the damage you do to them (maybe a loss of 50 damage). I can reliably damage every mob in Temple the same. I can go outside and kill Ogres, and do the same damage. In other words, it's a redundant task.

IMHO, it's easy - You have strong Defense and mobs in Temple is not able to over-hit it.
Looks like RARE is more then enough for mobs (for SM: your level - 2)...

Minimal damage (even if your Defense is mega-ultra high), looks like in range 3-15.
In most cases, low level mobs (10+ levels difference) would not be able to hit You - just misses...

Experiments (with mob's damage) should starts with real damage 50+...

Best Regards, FireBall

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 20, 2013 7:40 am

minimal damage
mykolag wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

IMHO, it's easy - You have strong Defense and mobs in Temple is not able to over-hit it.
Looks like RARE is more then enough for mobs (for SM: your level - 2)...

Minimal damage (even if your Defense is mega-ultra high), looks like in range 3-15.
In most cases, low level mobs (10+ levels difference) would not be able to hit You - just misses...

Experiments (with mob's damage) should starts with real damage 50+...

Best Regards, FireBall  

Tsk Tsk, And herein lies the problem with trying to explain in English Smile

Du beschreibst Monster Schaden an einem Spieler. Von der Möglichkeit, dass Sie schrieb Ihre Anfrage, beschreibe ich Spieler Schaden an einem Monster. Das sind sehr unterschiedliche Vergleiche. Und, Monster Schaden ein Spieler Skalen als gut. Die minimale Schäden aus wie eingeebnet Monster ist acht. Die minimale Schäden von einem sehr niedrigen Niveau Monster ist 3. Sobald Schleifen in Orc Basis oder weitere, Verteidigung, um Schäden Vergleiche sinnlos geworden, weil Schäden durch die Monster ist weit höher als das, was Verteidigung negiert. Selbst auf Etage vier des Tempels, erhöht Monster Schäden auf rund 30 bis 80 auf einem gut verbundenen Spieler in 40 rares.