Author Message

Eleboy

Rank 0
Joined
16 Jan 2010
Posts
20
Location
Greece
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:23 am

Scamming went wild....

a scammer that admit he is a scammer....


I knew scamming nowdays is bad.But not so bad thou that scammer admit it!!!
If u spent your time around Auction House at least 3-4 person like this one gonna try scam u per day.
Now it is just 1 server in OS shaiya .. how difficult is to keep it safe ?
I know people sent tickets for scammers all time (include my self) but problem getting worst.
How difficult is to give them a IP ban ? If u ban their account ( i doubt even for this ) they always can create more.Give them a perma ban at their IP or their IPs.
Advertisement

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
Joined
01 Apr 2008
Posts
2755
Location
New Orleans United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:57 am
Well, for one, scammers take advantage of naive non-vigilant players who don't watch every single step of the trading process. They also like to pray on people who are silly enough to just hand over their gear to somebody unknown.

Ever came across those pushy salesmen who talk so fast and so smooth they could sell you a can of air before you even realize what you bought? Sloooow doooown.

Second kind of scamming: would you let some total stranger take your keys and watch your car while you went in shopping?

Fools get scammed. Wise people are less likely to be scammed. Why do fools get scammed? Because they let themselves get scammed. And the Scammer knows that and he's going to feed on that! Don't be a fool. Smile Be wise, folks!

**********

On another related point in your post, AGE does not do IP bans. If you had a sibling or friend who also played Shaiya lived in the same house as you (assuming ya'll both on the same network) and they did some knucklehead move to get banned, would you want your account banned too because of him?

Eleboy

Rank 0
Joined
16 Jan 2010
Posts
20
Location
Greece
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:28 am   Last edited by Eleboy on Feb 17, 2013 5:36 am. Edited 1 time in total
Mehrvigne wrote:

On another related point in your post, AGE does not do IP bans. If you had a sibling or friend who also played Shaiya lived in the same house as you (assuming ya'll both on the same network) and they did some knucklehead move to get banned, would you want your account banned too because of him?  


Last time i checked my internet company policy and international laws, i found out that yes i am responsible for all illegal acts made throu my ip (even it was me,my kid , my wife or my mother in law Twisted Evil ) So my point is that when u share your ip with some one else u are respondsible for his acts too.(Key word=Responsbility).Now about AGE policy of no ip bans no comments.
But i agree with the rest of your post and personally i don't care if they get banned or not.
I didn't get scammed anyway (he tried but failed).

OmgSoFluffy

Rank 1
OmgSoFluffy
Joined
20 Dec 2011
Posts
241
Location
Switzerland
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:34 am   Last edited by OmgSoFluffy on Feb 17, 2013 5:41 am. Edited 1 time in total
Eleboy wrote:
Mehrvigne wrote:

On another related point in your post, AGE does not do IP bans. If you had a sibling or friend who also played Shaiya lived in the same house as you (assuming ya'll both on the same network) and they did some knucklehead move to get banned, would you want your account banned too because of him?  


Last time i checked my internet company policy and international laws, i found out that yes i am responsible for all illegal acts made throu my ip (even it was me,my kid , my wife or my mother in law Twisted Evil ) So my point is that when u share your ip with some one else u are respondsible for his acts too.(Key word=Responsbility).Now about AGE policy of no ip bans no comments.
But i agree with the rest of your post.  


I bet, you QQ for an ISP ban or better ban whole country. Would work wonders.

Eleboy

Rank 0
Joined
16 Jan 2010
Posts
20
Location
Greece
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:40 am
[quote="OmgSoFluffy"]

You lose the bet Smile btw what the prize was ?Razz

OmgSoFluffy

Rank 1
OmgSoFluffy
Joined
20 Dec 2011
Posts
241
Location
Switzerland
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:47 am
Eleboy wrote:


You lose the bet Smile btw what the prize was ?Razz  


Golden book: IP-ban for beginners. pfttt

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Posts
2170
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 7:15 am
Eleboy wrote:
Mehrvigne wrote:

On another related point in your post, AGE does not do IP bans. If you had a sibling or friend who also played Shaiya lived in the same house as you (assuming ya'll both on the same network) and they did some knucklehead move to get banned, would you want your account banned too because of him?  


Last time i checked my internet company policy and international laws, i found out that yes i am responsible for all illegal acts made throu my ip (even it was me,my kid , my wife or my mother in law Twisted Evil ) So my point is that when u share your ip with some one else u are respondsible for his acts too.(Key word=Responsbility).Now about AGE policy of no ip bans no comments.
But i agree with the rest of your post and personally i don't care if they get banned or not.
I didn't get scammed anyway (he tried but failed).  


well breaking AGE rules is not illegal, AGE is on a much lower tier than government laws. as for IP ban, a waste of time because it is not that hard to change your IP address.

neares

Rank 4
neares
Joined
21 Aug 2011
Posts
1648
Location
United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:30 am
Mehrvigne wrote:
they could sell you a can of air  
I once thought Air was free....til i bought a bag of chips.

Hezam

Rank 4
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Posts
1794
Location
Yemen
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:45 pm
neares wrote:
I once thought Air was free....til i bought a bag of chips.  

LMAO Laughing

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10655
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 17, 2013 2:01 pm
GMs, wipe this scammers gear.

Ta!

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: