trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedFeb 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Radar mechanics in AVA

Revealed by a curious kitty
Some of you have been wondering about why tagging someone doesn't make him blink, or drilling someone with 5 shots doesn't make him blink, etc.

Before I start this, I will say that the amount of damage taken DOES NOT MATTER as long as any sort of damage was dealt. It doesn't matter if you hit him with a silenced P90 at 50 meters or a DSR to the foot at point blank. Damage is not a scaled factor, it's just an on-off switch. Distance is not a factor in blinks. Someone can blink at 50 meters and not blink at 3 meters.

The Three Rules of Blinks

1. Someone will appear on the UAV and blink 10 times when he gets hit as long as the person is completely visible to the shooter. If he is less than halfway behind cover, he will still blink.

2. If the person is over halfway behind cover in the sight of the person who's shooting at him and he takes a hit from the shooter, he will not blink.

Now this is the most important part.
3. A blinking person will stop blinking if he takes more damage while over halfway behind cover. In other words, if a person fulfills rule one and rule 2 consecutively, rule two's result will override rule 1's result. The same will happen in the opposite direction as well.

Let's say Caeria is out in the open and I'm drilling him with weak shots. He's blinking because he's being hit with shots while in the open. If he successfully runs behind cover and my last shot lands on him while his body is over halfway behind that cover, it cancels the blinks and he no longer appears on my radar. If my last shot hit him while he was still in the open or only slightly behind cover, he will continue to blink for 10 more times.

There you go. Hope this helps.
Advertisement

DontCaeria

Rank 5
DontCaeria
PostedFeb 16, 2013 9:14 pm
You forgot to test horizontal coverings Razz

Add me on Steam!|My most recent video!

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedFeb 16, 2013 9:15 pm
DontCaeria wrote:
You forgot to test horizontal coverings Razz  
Halfway means halfway, both vertically and horizontally. When your feet were only slightly under cover you blinked, but when your lower body was entirely behind cover you didn't blink.

armgim

Rank 0
armgim
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:30 am
Thnx trainer.

IwubCheeze

Rank 2
IwubCheeze
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:42 am
This was good know actually.

But I just gotta ask, what made you decide to test this? Everyone likes to know about gun damage and armour defense modifiers as these are straight in your face factors in every game. Radar mechanics on the other hand are not something one usually considers so I just thought it way out in left field but you had the idea anyways.

Goes to show you, nothing gets by curious kitty Wink

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:13 am
test what happens if player is not facing your direction

seems to cause non-blinks

but not sure

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!

lolloolol

Rank 3
lolloolol
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:27 am
nice1

wiNx.

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
wiNx.
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:32 am
Stupid mechanics actually..

I1992I

Rank 3
I1992I
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:42 am
NOT what i expected it to be
but does make alot of sense and clarifies alot
thank you

i think this will occur to laggers more cause they might already have hidden while u shot them but on ur screen u will still see him full, when he's basically already behind something , or almost behind something.

ign: Retardian & lIKIl

Shiriika

Rank 3
Shiriika
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:44 am
I love you trainer :3 <3