watcher876

Rank 0
watcher876
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:08 pm
Never been kicked from a canta fury raid except in the case when raid was full and they let us know if better geared people showed we would lose our spots, but they let me leach until better geared toons showed as long as i listened to raid leads and tried to do anything i could to contribute, even if it was just poking priests. I think this is fun zone, almost as nice as what goddess was. Sorry the OP just got in on a bad day or time apparently.
Advertisement

Infinity_Dragon

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:39 pm
watcher876 wrote:
Never been kicked from a canta fury raid except in the case when raid was full and they let us know if better geared people showed we would lose our spots, but they let me leach until better geared toons showed as long as i listened to raid leads and tried to do anything i could to contribute, even if it was just poking priests. I think this is fun zone, almost as nice as what goddess was. Sorry the OP just got in on a bad day or time apparently.  

+1
Love that kind of leader..not only thinks uber his self(which only thinks high themself)..discrimination non ap or no gear ppl,..as long them listen to raid n not just leech..it is ok..everyone start from nub..them need to learn..to know etc..not learn got rude kicked...well...same as real life..poor people got discrimination by rich guy..just imo no offence to anyone..
btw idc...as long them help poking or healing.n all just game,have fun..Y so serious? Razz

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedFeb 19, 2013 2:06 am
From what I have seen last weeks is that (in my timezone 11 am PST - 5 pm PST) nobody gets kicked (aside AFKers) from pvp raids.

In fact, the regular raid leaders on AoL put in a lot of effort to distribute the ubers across 2 raids whenever too many new players show up. Sometimes we have 2 tabs of ubers in each raid, combined with 2 tabs of newer/less geared players in each as well. The OP must indeed have come at a really bad moment, or plays in a timezone where the attitude is different.

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2013 3:44 am

being rude might be a part of it

i was a new PvPer to canta i loved the zone a lot! i think a lot of ppl go into canta new cant get into a raid then blow up area chat and trade chat being rude to a leader, this is not a good way to start ur canta pvp time. i say take the time getting to know the ppl pm the leads a little be nice make jokes build good gear! i did not have the best gear in fact i had dread boots gloves helm with heroic top and pants and wep and i got into raid everyday i played. i say ppl are being rude bc when someone would join then the lead would see they where feeding or just in crap gear they get kicked then they would just blow up at the raid and leader then inside the raid you see wow guess they dont ever want to pvp. All i say is try to use some respect and understand there is ppl that been there for years, just take some time get to know the ppl and you will be rewarded its what i did and i had a great time.

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedFeb 19, 2013 6:29 am
Well Maybe It's all the leaders fault. Well different Leaders have different attitudes too. So It really depends from what leader the raid has. Think about me... I am semi uber and they let me join the raid With no complaining and stuff And also led the 1st and 2nd raid few times.

bjw12345678

Rank 2
bjw12345678
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:01 am
if u wanna pvp in canta, Free Knights lights and FC like alot of us xD

mark_haskell

Rank 3
mark_haskell
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way Sydney Australia
PostedFeb 20, 2013 1:10 am

Re: 20-30 complaint

Catsar wrote:
mark_haskell wrote:
ok, so i came to 20-30 to try get some kills, i was aware im in my 1-15 gear, but nevertheless i was kicked. thats fine, i understand that.
but how the heck are new people meant to start out in 20-30 if they arent completely enhanced maxed at [17]. i was told, i need to heal 2.5k+, and get hit by the ubers (leg gear) for less than 2.5k if i beat those standards i would be in. but then.. a lv30 priest wanted to join. dread gear, un-enhanced and they didnt allow it. like who the **** do u think you are? this is a game, yea i get it, she isnt as uber as you guys, but heck, we gotta start somewhere. then a 30 archer came, enhanced, but not maxed, and you didnt let her in either. like seriously? these people wanna try out the pvp, but according to you all *you need to max out your gear otherwise u cant join* how the **** are they meant to do that? huh? tell me please i wanna know. i lvled my toon out of 1-15 and was gonna try out 30pvp. if i didnt like it i was gonna keep lvling, and well i dont like it. they didnt accept me, the pvpers are jerks, dont let anybody join because they arent uber enough.. if this is what pvp is like now-a-days then its not worth it. im sorry but yes im QQ'ng about this because somebody has to say something. **** the standards people should be allowed to join to try it out. yea 1-15 has lots of nubs, so what? they try out the pvp good for them. but 20-30 nubs are shoed off when they enter the zone? good **** bye.  

I am a Canta AoL pvper, I am a priest also, my gear is not maxed out, I cannot heal for anywhere near 2.5k and I have never been kicked from a raid or barred entrance when there was a spot available. I started with heroics top and pants and quest dread boots and gaunts, my gear is alot better now and I am continually improving upon it. Yes I am aware that at times unless your "uber" you might not be allowed in the raid, those times I have seen this it was due to only that the AoL were currently outmatched by the UoF raid and they needed stronger raid members to better compete. I have also seen at times when theres a larger number of members not in the raid that a second raid has been formed to accomodate this. Please do not be disheartened and keep trying, perhaps try at a time that is not the busiest time of day for Canta.  

Im not trying to be dishearted, its just that the guild leaders are seriously rude bullies. the lead at the time was not maxed, wearing heroic gear with 1 chevron as a rank. i dont know how the Hard he got lead, or how he thought he had the power to shut down the raid and let only maxed people in, when he was mor nub then i was. i just think that canta pvpers need to remeber that although ur maxed, ur not better than everybody else! God some of you maxed players are the biggest jerks that have played that game. you dont give a dam about other players and have no manners what so ever, so just get some manners, and just try to make canta more welcome!

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedFeb 20, 2013 2:33 am

mark_haskell wrote:

Im not trying to be dishearted, its just that the guild leaders are seriously rude bullies. the lead at the time was not maxed, wearing heroic gear with 1 chevron as a rank. i dont know how the **** he got lead, or how he thought he had the power to shut down the raid and let only maxed people in, when he was mor nub then i was. i just think that canta pvpers need to remeber that although ur maxed, ur not better than everybody else! God some of you maxed players are the biggest jerks that have played that game. you dont give a dam about other players and have no manners what so ever, so just get some manners, and just try to make canta more welcome!  

It seriously sounds like you had trouble with One indecent person. Please let this not discourage your pvp enjoyment, and try to not let this person make up your judgement on all pvpers.

You seem to be Australian, and I have little to no experience with pvping in your timezone. It's what is called the slow hours of gaming (most US are asleep, and it's morning in Europe). So it will hardly ever be full, but there is also a big chance that random people get leadership on the raid, due to lower numbers.

It seems you just had tough luck with one rotten apple. Just try again, instead of lashing out at a specific group. People who pvp on AoL Canta (and are often raid leaders) have pointed out in this thead that none of the regular raid leaders act as you described, so it is a bit offensive when you keep trying to judge them all based on this one encounter.

Rude people can, sadly enough, be found anywhere in this game. Grinding parties, quest bosses, pvp raids, auction hall, towns.

Mandatar (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Azeal (15), Kierin (65)

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 20, 2013 3:03 am

mark_haskell wrote:
Catsar wrote:
mark_haskell wrote:
ok, so i came to 20-30 to try get some kills, i was aware im in my 1-15 gear, but nevertheless i was kicked. thats fine, i understand that.
but how the heck are new people meant to start out in 20-30 if they arent completely enhanced maxed at [17]. i was told, i need to heal 2.5k+, and get hit by the ubers (leg gear) for less than 2.5k if i beat those standards i would be in. but then.. a lv30 priest wanted to join. dread gear, un-enhanced and they didnt allow it. like who the **** do u think you are? this is a game, yea i get it, she isnt as uber as you guys, but heck, we gotta start somewhere. then a 30 archer came, enhanced, but not maxed, and you didnt let her in either. like seriously? these people wanna try out the pvp, but according to you all *you need to max out your gear otherwise u cant join* how the **** are they meant to do that? huh? tell me please i wanna know. i lvled my toon out of 1-15 and was gonna try out 30pvp. if i didnt like it i was gonna keep lvling, and well i dont like it. they didnt accept me, the pvpers are jerks, dont let anybody join because they arent uber enough.. if this is what pvp is like now-a-days then its not worth it. im sorry but yes im QQ'ng about this because somebody has to say something. **** the standards people should be allowed to join to try it out. yea 1-15 has lots of nubs, so what? they try out the pvp good for them. but 20-30 nubs are shoed off when they enter the zone? good **** bye.  

I am a Canta AoL pvper, I am a priest also, my gear is not maxed out, I cannot heal for anywhere near 2.5k and I have never been kicked from a raid or barred entrance when there was a spot available. I started with heroics top and pants and quest dread boots and gaunts, my gear is alot better now and I am continually improving upon it. Yes I am aware that at times unless your "uber" you might not be allowed in the raid, those times I have seen this it was due to only that the AoL were currently outmatched by the UoF raid and they needed stronger raid members to better compete. I have also seen at times when theres a larger number of members not in the raid that a second raid has been formed to accomodate this. Please do not be disheartened and keep trying, perhaps try at a time that is not the busiest time of day for Canta.  

Im not trying to be dishearted, its just that the guild leaders are seriously rude bullies.  
Guild leader? You mean 1 single raid leader...
mark_haskell wrote:
the lead at the time was not maxed, wearing heroic gear with 1 chevron as a rank.  
I was not maxed but i still got lead, and my rank was only a diamond. Experience > Gear. Though gear does contribute. No point having a spawn point that doesn't stay alive. Again to actually find out what happened you need to work with the pvpers not scrutinize them all because 1 person acted like a d*ck.
mark_haskell wrote:
i dont know how the **** he got lead, or how he thought he had the power to shut down the raid and let only maxed people in, when he was mor nub then i was. i just think that canta pvpers need to remeber that although ur maxed, ur not better than everybody else!  
1) This applys to every pvp zone very created, including 1-15.

2) I think the responses in this thread (if you have been reading) SHOW that not all canta pvpers are like that.
mark_haskell wrote:
God some of you maxed players are the biggest jerks that have played that game.  
Some of you 1-15 pvpers are the biggest jerks i have ever seen. Tomato, tomato, the point is don't throw everyone in the same group as you are clearly doing now. Not everyone in 20-30 is an egotistical jerk, you saw the bad side and are now condemning the good by generalizing everyone in a pvp zone. You have one bad experiances with 1 person and suddenly the whole world is against you?

No, its not, the zone is more or less against what happened to you, in case you did not realize it.
mark_haskell wrote:
you dont give a dam about other players and have no manners what so ever, so just get some manners, and just try to make canta more welcome!  
Have you actually been reading the thread? The fact you have gotten so many responses showing you the complete opposite and many of whom trying to help you get to the bottom of this means nothing to you?

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

mark_haskell

Rank 3
mark_haskell
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way Sydney Australia
PostedFeb 20, 2013 3:59 am

Killa_1112 wrote:
mark_haskell wrote:
Catsar wrote:
mark_haskell wrote:

Im not trying to be dishearted, its just that the guild leaders are seriously rude bullies.  
Guild leader? You mean 1 single raid leader...
mark_haskell wrote:
the lead at the time was not maxed, wearing heroic gear with 1 chevron as a rank.  
I was not maxed but i still got lead, and my rank was only a diamond. Experience > Gear. Though gear does contribute. No point having a spawn point that doesn't stay alive. Again to actually find out what happened you need to work with the pvpers not scrutinize them all because 1 person acted like a d*ck.
mark_haskell wrote:
i dont know how the **** he got lead, or how he thought he had the power to shut down the raid and let only maxed people in, when he was mor nub then i was. i just think that canta pvpers need to remeber that although ur maxed, ur not better than everybody else!  
1) This applys to every pvp zone very created, including 1-15.

2) I think the responses in this thread (if you have been reading) SHOW that not all canta pvpers are like that.
mark_haskell wrote:
God some of you maxed players are the biggest jerks that have played that game.  
Some of you 1-15 pvpers are the biggest jerks i have ever seen. Tomato, tomato, the point is don't throw everyone in the same group as you are clearly doing now. Not everyone in 20-30 is an egotistical jerk, you saw the bad side and are now condemning the good by generalizing everyone in a pvp zone. You have one bad experiances with 1 person and suddenly the whole world is against you?

No, its not, the zone is more or less against what happened to you, in case you did not realize it.
mark_haskell wrote:
you dont give a dam about other players and have no manners what so ever, so just get some manners, and just try to make canta more welcome!  
Have you actually been reading the thread? The fact you have gotten so many responses showing you the complete opposite and many of whom trying to help you get to the bottom of this means nothing to you?  

Yes i've read through it, and alot of it is off topic, the main point i was trying to make, WASNT lashing out at the pvpers, it was the fact that pvp has gotten to the point where people who dont have huge enhances arent letting into the raids. i dont do 1-15 so i dont really understand why you added that, and yes i meant Raid leader not guild leader (why the Hard did i write guild leader) but that isnt my point. you've probobly read why i wrote the post, and alot of it is now saying that i shouldnt act the way i have, when i was only trying to make a point. this topic has gotten way out of hand.

See my profile to see my siggies made by many!:D