MITSUNARI44

Rank 1
MITSUNARI44
PostedFeb 17, 2013 1:45 pm
evan713 wrote:
Ironwood.Oak wrote:
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:
Ungeared people can't compete and that makes them a liability simple as that.  

Well when the "Undergeared" people leave then u can enjoy the "Geared" Mobs .. Sound Fun Very Happy

Edit : i don't play Canta, but an Attitude like that .. Pissed me off Confused  

+1  

Tell me why should someone who can't contribute to their faction's cause be given a free pass to get something unearned?
I have no attitude, I myself struggle to keep up with all the new things needed to compete. Yet I understand that someone who's not an asset is a liability.  

Its Not Like Ur raid have the only Undergeared ppl and ur struggling to fight the other "Immortal" Raid , the other Faction's Raid have their Undergeared and nuby/squishy too Exclamation thats wl lead to Something pvp realy need = Kills !!

The fact of not allowing anyone to even get in raid because they are " Undergeared " wl only drive ppl and FUTURE pvper away Exclamation

PvP = Kills = Fun , Not siting in Base wathcing Birds on Sky Rolling Eyes

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 17, 2013 1:55 pm
mark_haskell wrote:
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
Maybe sell your gear and try fury? My friend has got 10k kills over the last couple of weeks when he leveled a Hunter for canta.  

But thats the point im trying to make. People who WANT TO TRY the zone arent getting that chance. even with the raid only half full people arent being allowed in. its pathetic. its a game play fair so what if they are nub and may not be able to murder as fast as you guys, let them join and try it out.  
Like i said in my previous post you cannot hold the canta pvpers responsible for the game mechanics, you have a few people trying to fit around 50% of shaiyas pvp population into canta without making people feel left out, there is a 30 player limit on raids, its simply not possible, everything is strained to the max, there is nothing you or they can do, its going to bite, h3ll you think they WANT to turn away new blood? they WANT to stop people coming into the canta zone?

They do not, but right now they are at capacity, something needs to give, and right now all they can do is maximize efficiency in canta, this means survival of the fittest.

You would not be trying pvp... if anything you would see only the bad, you will go into pvp, die die die die die and die again. 1-15 gear is a 2 hitter, probably even a 1 hitter in the zone. You would be simply massacred, and your canta pvp experiences tainted because you saw only the bad. you would then say 'well the zone is overpowered, not going there again' never to be seen again. They saved you from that.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

IchiroZ

Rank 3
IchiroZ
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:14 pm
I was booted out of a canta raid when I first tried out the zone as a priest. I came in with no rank and there were like 5 slots left in raid. My gears were dread [6]-[7] everything except a heroic dagger. With raid quickly filling up, with about 15 priests in raid, low enchant gears, and lack of pvp rank, I had an inkling that I would get boot. And so I was. I joined the second raid. After noticing that I emphasize more on dispel than healing, and keeping my party alive, the 1st raid asked if I wanted to rejoin their raid as they need more healers. I didn't rejoin 1st raid but was told that the previous lead was being a ***.
Lesson: it highly depends on raid leader also. Do you remember who was raid lead at time of incident?

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:16 pm
evan713 wrote:
Ironwood.Oak wrote:
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:
Ungeared people can't compete and that makes them a liability simple as that.  

Well when the "Undergeared" people leave then u can enjoy the "Geared" Mobs .. Sound Fun Very Happy

Edit : i don't play Canta, but an Attitude like that .. Pissed me off Confused  

+1  

Tell me why should someone who can't contribute to their faction's cause be given a free pass to get something unearned? I am sure that you understand that, so stop they hypocrims and BS and be honest to yourselves(as Arthur said) will you add anything of benefit to the raid? If not, and you really want to pvp in canta, then find out what do you need, and work on it. Many of the players in canta, are players who've been in the game years(worked on their gears for years and are not close to maxed) and earned their spot in raid. If you are not willing to put in some work, and give up that is your choice, no one said you were not welcomed, just that you had to be of help to your faction(and im sure you understand, nothing is really free).

I have no attitude, I myself struggle to keep up with all the new things needed to compete. Yet I understand that someone who's not an asset is a liability.  

but see here is an issue that needs to be addressed. The OP started there with a full set of uber 1-15 gear, which means he/she was capable of surviving. it may not have been the best possible gear but it was enough that he/she could compete with uber noobers (assuming the OP truly understood pvp and was not just a hack and slasher)

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:19 pm
at furys we have a regular orc who still uses her 1-15 gear, we still don't kick. As long as gear is enough to contribute in other words.,,, we even allow a war in 1-15 gear till he gets his 20-30 gear rolling.

but who ever the lead was that kicked out OP, prob did it on the basis of thinking the person is just gonna stat pad furys.

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:25 pm
I'm going to suggest what I suggest to all outlyers (people who don't belong to the niche):

Try not to think like a victim and blame them or judge them for their shortcomings (it takes too much energy to fight the mob, and eventually get ....... nowhere).

Instead, think like a creator. Find people like you, who get descriminated against by the power players, and make a THIRD raid. Act independant of their authority, pvp, have fun, and nurture a positive and accepting culture in your raid. If you do this enough, Fun loving players will be attracted to you, rather than the uber raid, and YOUR raid will become the raid that people prefer to be in.

Not everyone in Canta is a power-player wanting to prevent the other faction from ranking off weaker players. Just some of them.

And believe it or not, this suggestion is highly welcome in mmo environments. New raids and new leaders = change in flow, which creates competition and interest. Interest = a longer lasting game.

@ the Fury trying to seduce her: I think it's cute, but she hasn't hinted in the thread she's interested. But what do I know ^^.

evan713

Rank 5
evan713
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:26 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
@ the Fury trying to seduce her: I think it's cute, but she hasn't hinted in the thread she's interested. But what do I know ^^.  

I found funny not cute xD

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:15 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Find people like you, who get descriminated against by the power players, and make a THIRD raid. Act independant of their authority, pvp, have fun, and nurture a positive and accepting culture in your raid. If you do this enough, Fun loving players will be attracted to you, rather than the uber raid, and YOUR raid will become the raid that people prefer to be in.  
No its not discrimination, its a choice that needs to be made, everyone wants in, but there is only so much space, you call them power players? they are simply the most experienced, they are the ones the rest of the pvpers chose to make the right choice to keep pvp going, that is why they lead, its not anything against a new pvper but with goddess gone, 70 being torn to shreds and 1-15 a nosser paradise, there is 1 place left to go and even though i don't play anymore i still keep up to date in the pvp forums and it is manic in 20-30 trying to place people. Making a 3rd raid is all well and good but you get people that want to pvp hardcore but can't get into the main raids, (and i was on that end as well so i understand the feeling), that see the futility of going against the opposition with pretty much no support, hence why they try and split the power players now. In this particular case it was either kick from the raid or let a 'new pvper' see canta at its worst, getting torn to bits in 1-15 gear because you are facing people who have what you have x10.

Everyone wants to have fun and have good pvp, but when you are restricted by the game mechanics someone somewhere needs to put their foot down and say 'this is the line'.

You call it discrimination, its not, its necessity. If the raid leaders don't do something then everything crumbles. So they do what their experiences tell them is best for pvp. It's all they can do. There is only so much space and right now everyone wants in, they are the 'leader' because they have shown time and time again they can organize pvp, if they couldn't nobody would join their raids, its something you need to accept, it applies to pretty much every pvp zone.

Another time before canta was quite this popular i would have agreed with making another raid to pvp for those very reasons, but the sheer mass of people, the power of pvp and the disastrous decisions Aeria has made in recent months means it just would not work. The 3rd raid would be completely annihilated.

The raid leaders can seem heartless but i used to be one, and its not easy co-ordinating pvp, while answering pms from everyone that wants in the raid, needing to tell each one individually there is no room, making the necessarily choices doesn't mean they are singling you out, it just means they need to do what they need to do.

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:35 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Find people like you, who get descriminated against by the power players, and make a THIRD raid. Act independant of their authority, pvp, have fun, and nurture a positive and accepting culture in your raid. If you do this enough, Fun loving players will be attracted to you, rather than the uber raid, and YOUR raid will become the raid that people prefer to be in.  
No its not discrimination, its a choice that needs to be made, everyone wants in, but there is only so much space, you call them power players? they are simply the most experienced, they are the ones the rest of the pvpers chose to make the right choice to keep pvp going, that is why they lead, its not anything against a new pvper but with goddess gone, 70 being torn to shreds and 1-15 a nosser paradise, there is 1 place left to go and even though i don't play anymore i still keep up to date in the pvp forums and it is manic in 20-30 trying to place people. Making a 3rd raid is all well and good but you get people that want to pvp hardcore but can't get into the main raids, (and i was on that end as well so i understand the feeling), that see the futility of going against the opposition with pretty much no support, hence why they try and split the power players now. In this particular case it was either kick from the raid or let a 'new pvper' see canta at its worst, getting torn to bits in 1-15 gear because you are facing people who have what you have x10.

Everyone wants to have fun and have good pvp, but when you are restricted by the game mechanics someone somewhere needs to put their foot down and say 'this is the line'.

You call it discrimination, its not, its necessity. If the raid leaders don't do something then everything crumbles. So they do what their experiences tell them is best for pvp. It's all they can do. There is only so much space and right now everyone wants in, they are the 'leader' because they have shown time and time again they can organize pvp, if they couldn't nobody would join their raids, its something you need to accept, it applies to pretty much every pvp zone.

Another time before canta was quite this popular i would have agreed with making another raid to pvp for those very reasons, but the sheer mass of people, the power of pvp and the disastrous decisions Aeria has made in recent months means it just would not work. The 3rd raid would be completely annihilated.

The raid leaders can seem heartless but i used to be one, and its not easy co-ordinating pvp, while answering pms from everyone that wants in the raid, needing to tell each one individually there is no room, making the necessarily choices doesn't mean they are singling you out, it just means they need to do what they need to do.  

I can not speak for anybody else of course but I would rather be annihilated than stand on the side lines, and have made that decision before when the rest my raid decided to act like cowards and sit in base, I went out and got kills, but because I was only getting 1:1 I got booted from the raid. 90% of the raids I have been in were exactly the same, canta on a slow day being the exception (there were maybe 10 others there and we were being slaughtered, but having fun without uber noobers telling us to hold back).

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:48 pm
mclovin365 wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

I can not speak for anybody else of course but I would rather be annihilated than stand on the side lines, and have made that decision before when the rest my raid decided to act like cowards and sit in base, I went out and got kills, but because I was only getting 1:1 I got booted from the raid. 90% of the raids I have been in were exactly the same, canta on a slow day being the exception (there were maybe 10 others there and we were being slaughtered, but having fun without uber noobers telling us to hold back).  
Not everyone feels the same.